Why aren't you using Epiphany (aka GNOME Web)?

This is the best web browser for the Linux desktop.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-15 22-25-52.png (2554x1437, 1.03M)

Why should I use it?

Because Gnome 3 is dog vomit if dog vomit could be a desktop environment.

Because it's fast, beautiful, uncluttered, and unlike literally everything else it's actually a native app for the Linux desktop. It fits in with everything else for consistency. Oh, and get this. Unlike with Firefox or Chromium, you actually get hardware video acceleration.

Yeah sure. GNOME is the standard Linux desktop. It's the most popular one for a reason. It's the most polished, has the best user experience, and Just Works. KDE Plasma is in a distant second place, and everything else is just complete trash.

Epiphany is basically the Safari of Linux. Looks great, performs great, works great. Really well thought out, sleek, streamlined software. It actually uses the same browser engine too: WebKit. You won't find any Chromium crap here!

>hardware video acceleration
Wew, didn’t know that. I thought it was just webkit with some gnome looking gui slapped on top.

*blacks your path*

Attached: *Falkon punches your gay epiphany*.png (2000x2000, 273K)

Epiphany is unironically based, although it has some limitations. Reddit tier bullet point list for people who want to try it:
- Fits into any theme, you can change how it looks easily
- Uses GTK so it looks native, unlike chrome and firefux
- Built in ad blocker. It's not great though
- “Install as web application” is a really nice feature
- Hardware video acceleration
- Basically the Safari of GNOME
Some downsides:
- It's the Safari of GNOME
- Extension support was phased out versions ago
- gtkWebKit is not great, some sites won't work and others will bug out, sites that use react fair the worst
- Doesn't support http2, some sites straight up won't load

It is fast though

Attached: 1550146361411.png (540x270, 52K)

>no decentraleyes
>no uBlock Origin
>no uMatrix
>no Vimium
>no Cookie AutoDelete
>no user agent spoofer
>no HTTPS Everywhere

this, you could say it looks like dogshit. But it's functional as fuck, very stable and is not a creep on the ram like kde.
>inb4 docks are retarded

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-15 18-09-47.png (1600x900, 620K)

Why do you need uBlock Origin? What's wrong with the built in content blocker?

I use IceCat.

I already hate GNOME desktop, do you think I want to use it as my web browser?

>I already hate GNOME desktop
How come user? It's the best DE there is.

I use it for a few sites I use daily. My primary issues that prevent it from being my daily driver...
- Bookmarks are a mess (particularly importing firefox bookmarks since it uses a tag system instead of the directory hierarchy for some reason - this may have changed, I tested it awhile ago)
- No uBlock-esque UI for blocking JS selectively

I understand why they didn't implement the final point. They are trying to keep it really simple UI-wise. I still don't like it.

>uBlock-esque
uMatrix, rather.

there was someobe who posted on Jow Forums a few years ago wih a heavily riced gnome web with tree style tabs, any idea how its done?
it doesnt seem to have any extensions

>gnome

Did I miss something, I thought Gnome was the ram hogger after the devs went presumably insane?

Attached: 1515034396791.jpg (500x500, 44K)

If it were a few years ago, it might have had extensions at the time.

Does umatrix work with it?

Fuck you

I don't use gn*Me

M E M O R Y L E A K