The Cyberpunk Manifesto project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

"What is cyberpunk?" pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

Cyberpunk directory (Communities, Media, Readings) pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
Cyberpunk resources (Miscellaneous) pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

/cyb/ ftp: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

/sec/urity:
The Hacker Manifesto: phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

"Why privacy matters" youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
"Shit just got real" pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

Cybersecurity basics and armory pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX
Endware endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html
BBS archives textfiles.com/index.html
Various guides to get started github.com/mayfrost/guides/

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0) mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw

Thread Archive: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

IRC:
Guide github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md
Join irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
SSL Required:
#Jow Forumspunk
#Jow Forumssec
#nfo

Schway SSH Textboard: [email protected] (port 22)

Attached: hal9000-case.png (220x636, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/cyberpunkeducator
youtube.com/watch?v=iM9g2CBGlBE
yro.slashdot.org/story/19/02/16/0150235/hoaxer-behind-2400-fake-bomb-threats-caught-after-gaming-site-breach
bookriot.com/2018/04/26/cyberpunk-books/
barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/7-dispatches-new-wave-cyberpunk/
rtl-sdr.com/youtube-tutorial-eavesdropping-on-dect6-0-cordless-phones-with-a-hackrf-and-gr-dect2/
thelightstreamchronicles.com/season-6-p252.html
imdb.com/title/tt7668870/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xbk1vB0gWL0
youtu.be/zfy5dFhw3ik
github.com/dessant/buster
altcyberpunk.com/cpfaq.php
youtube.com/watch?v=En_2T7KH6RA
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47203978
eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1334322
eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1334322&page_number=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More that didn't fit on pasta
/cyb/ Movies:
>The Machine (2013)
>Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
>The Matrix (1999)
>Chappie (2015)
>Elysium (2013)
>Virtuosity (1995)
>The Lawnmower Man (1992)
>Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (1996)
>The Terminator (1984)
>Blade Runner (1982)
>TRON (1982)
>TRON: Legacy (2010)
>Escape from New York (1981)
>Escape from L.A. (1996)
>Rollerball (2002)
>RoboCop (1987)
>Nirvana (1997)
>Transcendence (2014)

/sec/ Movies:
>Sneakers (1992)
>The Net (1995)
>Takedown (2000)
>The Fifth Estate (2013)
>Blackhat (2015)
>Enemy of the State (1998)
>Hackers (1995)
>WarGames (1983)
>WarGames: The Dead Code (2008)
>Swordfish (2001)

Jow Forums Movies:
>Disconnect (2012)
>Antitrust (2001)
>Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999)
>Office Space (1999)
>Her (2013)

/cyb/ Documentaries:
>The Cyberpunk Educator archive.org/details/cyberpunkeducator
>The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz (2014)
>RiP: A Remix Manifesto (2009)
>TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard (2013)
>The Net - The Unabomber, LSD and the Internet (2003)

/sec/ Documentaries:
>Hackers: Wizards of the Electronic Age (1984)
>Hackers Wanted aka Can You Hack It ( (2009)
>New York City Hackers (2000)
>We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)
>Citizenfour (2014)
>Terms and Conditions May Apply (2013)
>All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace (2011)
>Snowden (2016)
>Zero Days (2016)

Jow Forums Documentaries:
>The Code (2001)
>Revolution OS (2001)
>BBS: The Documentary (2005)
>Get Lamp (2010)
>From Bedrooms to Billions (2014)

Series:
>Dark Angel (2000)
>Person of Interest (2011)
>The Expanse (2015)
>Mr. Robot (2015)

Songs:
>Robyn - Fembot
>Styx - Mr. Roboto
>The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
>Daft Punk - Technologic

Good to see you liked my list, there is an upcoming series on Netflix we might want to add depending on how it goes, is called Love, Death & Robots youtube.com/watch?v=iM9g2CBGlBE

Some comments say it looks like the Animatrix. To me it reminded me the Tv spot from The End of Evangelion.

Attached: 51A1HJ0GVYL.jpg (333x500, 55K)

/cyb/ distros?

link to last thread it's a shame it got archived too soon, but the hacker known as four chan striked back.

>Love, Death & Robots
Noted, thanks.

Attached: 1548294484267.jpg (511x944, 204K)

I guess it is no coincidence that Jow Forums was looking for NEW janitors...

TempleOS

Not really that Jow Forums related but probably the best place to ask. What do you think of this concept in a cyberpunk story I'm writing. In the future there's people working as Cryptoarchaeologists (might change that name) who essentially try and uncover remnants of the old internet from before the war. And they use that to try and learn about pre-war culture and history.

yeah, they do it regularly tho, it's for all boards, not just here. What I find weird is that janitors can delete threads on their own, when you should need at least 2-3 of them to nuke a thread, that could help prevent such unfortunate events of mass shoah.

>remnants of the old internet from before the war
What kind of war ? Nuclear ? Cyber ? Both (Skynet) ?
Also, software wise or hardware wise ? Since web pages are mostly stored on servers, there's a high chance they all got destroyed already (or possibly that's the only data left, as they are kept in super secure bombproof bunkers, or some group managed to make backups when war started).

I like the idea on how you could spin it as a critique of modern internet, and the need to go back to the origins because at some point in history we lost control of it and many things went to shit, without even realizing.
But oh probably you have other plans for your novel.

None that I can think of as of now but in time I think 9front and Redox-OS could be it. 9front had a new release recently while Redox-OS has not for about a year, though the BDFL is working insane hours. He promised a new release soon as the libraries stabilise.

What should make a distro /cyb/?
Contents? OS itself? Firewalls?

>What I find weird is that janitors can delete threads on their own, when you should need at least 2-3 of them to nuke a thread, that could help prevent such unfortunate events of mass shoah.
After the wipeout less then 5 pages remained. it would have been better to have ways to revive the archived threads in order to minimise the damage. After all some of these wipeouts are done to push certain threads off page 10.

BTW shoah, what is the /cyb/ scene like in Israel? I guess you are the same user who asked for help about a certain puzzle a few weeks ago.

>have ways to revive the archived threads in order to minimise the damage
This could also work. IIRC after the purge there was a lot of apple spam, dont remember if last time or the time before.

>same user who asked for help about a certain puzzle a few weeks ago
no that's not me, and I don't really know about the /cyb/ scene in Israel

Attached: 1532757426092.gif (640x360, 292K)

/cri/ + /nge/ - Cringe and Cringe General
The Cringe Manifesto: reddit.com

thank you for your bump

Attached: vcpPZ.jpg (717x880, 186K)

Do phreaks exist anymore?

>Cryptoarchaeologists
Involving decryption?

How do you avoid dns spoofing and mitm attacks?

End to end cryptographical signatures.

There are a few classic SF stories based on something similar, Diaspar (A.C.Clarke), Nightfall, and the Foundation series (Asimov) all relate to searching in the past for purposely hidden clues.

If you are not going to walk in their footsteps, what is your outline?

Bumped

=== /sec/ News:
Criminal secret identity is crashed out when others breach a site:
>yro.slashdot.org/story/19/02/16/0150235/hoaxer-behind-2400-fake-bomb-threats-caught-after-gaming-site-breach
yro.slashdot.org/story/19/02/16/0150235/hoaxer-behind-2400-fake-bomb-threats-caught-after-gaming-site-breach
>Federal authorities this week arrested a North Carolina man who allegedly ran with a group of online hooligans that attacked Web sites (including this one), took requests on Twitter to call in bomb threats to thousands of schools, and tried to frame various online gaming sites as the culprits. In an ironic twist, the accused -- who had fairly well separated his real life identity from his online personas -- appears to have been caught after a gaming Web site he frequented got hacked...

>[T]he real-life identity of HDGZero remained a mystery...as there was little publicly available information at the time connecting that moniker to anyone. That is, until early January 2019, when news broke that hackers had broken into the servers of computer game maker BlankMediaGames and made off with account details of some 7.6 million people who had signed up to play "Town of Salem," the company's browser-based role playing game. That stolen information has since been posted and resold in underground forums. A review of the leaked BlankMediaGames user database shows that in late 2018, someone who selected the username "hdgzero" signed up to play Town of Salem... The data also shows this person registered at the site using a Sprint mobile device with an Internet address that traced back to the Carolinas.

If he gets out alive it will be when he turns 100.

i just rooted a phone

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 3.11.04 PM.png (654x464, 455K)

I am working on the FAQ, trying to locate more Cyberpunk authors/books. A few new items appeared here:
bookriot.com/2018/04/26/cyberpunk-books/
Still, how /cyb/ are these?

TROUBLE AND HER FRIENDS BY MELISSA SCOTT
This book has the hacker and technology aspects of cyberpunk but is a bit groundbreaking for its feminist viewpoint and LGBTQ characters.

MOXYLAND BY LAUREN BEUKES
Set in South Africa, in a dystopian future, oppressive government and technology are very much in power. Told through four viewpoints.

SYNNERS BY PAT CARDIGAN
This one is definitely all about that tiny line that can exist between humanity and technology, and what that means for the very concept of reality.

THE WINDUP GIRL BY PAOLO BACIGALUPI
Global warming has taken its toll on the world. Food is engineered, and so are people (hence the titular Windup Girl).

PSION BY JOAN D. VINGE
This one is technically a YA book, but is great for older audiences too. The main character is a half-human/half-alien telepath. He ends up working with the interstellar government. It just sounds like a good time.

INFOMOCRACY BY MALKA OLDER
The synopsis of this books includes a menacing too-powerful search engine, warring political parties, and information operatives. Hard not to be intrigued.

COMPANY TOWN BY MADELINE ASHBY
In this town, everyone’s bioengineered, except one woman. And she might be able to save them all.

WANT BY CINDY PON
In a future where the wealthy are able to buy protection from the pollution that makes most sick, a group of teens decides to try and change the status quo.

I have to admit I am a but sceptical.

oh shit pls dont hack me mr anonymous

Another list of supposedly new Cyberpunk (trimmed for brevity):
barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/7-dispatches-new-wave-cyberpunk/
Necrotech, by K.C. Alexander
This one hits the ground running with the description of what might be the second-worst hangover in history, propelling us directly into Riko’s quest to find out who wiped her mind and experimented on her body.

Escapology, by Ren Warom
With its meme-spouting hivemind savants, AIs who behave more like sealed-away eldritch abominations than computer programs, high-speed monorail chases, and megaship-to-megaship battles.

Near Enemy, by Adam Sternbergh
With Near Enemy, a job to kill a hacker named Lesser puts Spademan at the center of a mystery where people who die in the virtual world inexplicably also die in real life.

The Destructives, by Matthew De Abaitua
The plot, about a disturbed antihero trying to unshackle an AI for shadowy interests, bears more than a few similarities to Neuromancer.

Company Town, by Madeline Ashby
Ashby’s gritty hybrid of science fiction, western, and detective story kind of inverts a premise of cyberpunk—instead of technology detaching its users from the “real world,” she presents humanity as necessary to check and guide technological growth.

Koko Takes a Holiday, by Kieran Shea
Koko Martstellar is a hedonistic corporate special operative-turned-saloon owner on the debauched pleasure world of the Sixty Islands.

Exploded View, by Sam McPheeters
McPheeters’ second novel sets itself in the LA of the not-too-distant future, a place where the beleaguered and underfunded police department is powerless to stop petty crimes like indecent exposure and overtaxed by a constant flood of refugees and immigrants they protect as best they can.

Sorry, but my posts don't bump threads :-)

Digital Fortress - Corgi Books. Dan Brown (2004).pdf
Hardwired - Night Shade Books. Walter Jon Williams (2006).epub
Islands in the Net - Bruce Sterling.pdf
Neal Stephenson
Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson.epub
Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson.epub
The Diamond Age - Neal Stephenson.epub
Philip K. Dick
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - S.F. Masterworks. Philip K. Dick.epub
The Minority Report (The Collected Stories Of Philip K. Dick Volume 4) - Philip K. Dick.epub
Russian Science Fiction_ An Anthology - Translated by Doris Johnson, Alexander Belyaev, Victor Saparin, E. Zelikovich, Vadim Okhotnikov, Ivan Yefremov, Mikhail Vasilyev, Anatoly Dnieprov, Valentina Zhuravleva, Vladimir Dudintsev, Konstantin.pdf
Stealing The Network - The complete series collectors edition - Johnny Long, Ryan Russell, Timothy Mullen 2009.pdf
Synners - Pat Cadigan (2001).pdf
The Fourth Realm - John Twelve Hawks
1_ The Traveler - John Twelve Hawks.epub
2_ The Dark River - John Twelve Hawks.epub
3_ The Golden City - John Twelve Hawks.epub
The Ware Tetralogy - Rudy Rucker (2010).pdf
Vurt - Jeff Noon (1996).pdf
William Gibson
Burning Chrome - William Gibson.epub
Johnny Mnemonic - William Gibson.epub
Mona Lisa Overdrive - William Gibson.epub
Neuromancer. Remembering Tomorrow - William Gibson 1984.pdf
Pattern Recognition. A Novel - Viking. William Gibson (2003).pdf

From the AEL

=== /sec/ News:
Most people never think twice about being intercepted on the phone.
>YOUTUBE TUTORIAL: EAVESDROPPING ON DECT6.0 CORDLESS PHONES WITH A HACKRF AND GR-DECT2
rtl-sdr.com/youtube-tutorial-eavesdropping-on-dect6-0-cordless-phones-with-a-hackrf-and-gr-dect2/
>Back in December of last year Corrosive from his YouTube channel SignalsEverywhere showed us a demo video of him receiving unecrypted DECT digital cordless phones with his HackRF.

>DECT is an acronym for 'Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications', and is the wireless standard used by modern digital cordless phones as well as some digital baby monitors. In most countries DECT communications take place at 1880 - 1900 MHz, and in the USA at 1920 - 1930 MHz. Some modern cordless phones now use encryption on their DECT signal, but many older models do not, and most baby monitors do not either. However, DECT encryption is known to be weak, and can be broken with some effort.

That was the cyberpunk fiction folder, this one is the biopunk
Blood Music - Greg Bear.epub
Cyteen - C. J. Cherryh.epub
Oryx and Crake - Nan A. Talese. Margaret Atwood (2003).pdf
Perdido Street Station - China Mieville (2003).epub
Rainbow Six - Tom Clancy.epub
The Child Garden (SF Masterworks) - Gollancz. Geoff Ryman (2005).pdf
The Fifth Column Series - Nathan M Farrugia
The Fifth Column 1_ The Chimera Vector - Nathan M. Farrugia.epub
The Fifth Column 2_ The Seraphim Sequence - Nathan M. Farrugia.epub
The Fifth Column 3_ The Phoenix Variant - Nathan M. Farrugia.epub
The Fifth Column 4_ The Phoenix Ascent - Nathan M. Farrugia.epub
The Windup Girl - Night Shade Books_ Paolo Bacigalupi (2009).epub
Watchers - Dean Koontz.epub

I just fixed two books that were misplaced here btw

>From the AEL
Hey hey hey! I wondered when you would come by. Any plans of uploading the mighty index to the FTP site?

Attached: 2159_posternormalsize_trappist.jpg (804x1152, 189K)

New episode in the cyberpunk web comics Lightstream Chronicles:
thelightstreamchronicles.com/season-6-p252.html

Probably after the first upload when is complete (it was being filled with more content). Is better to wait after is already available too. However several fractions of the index are out there in pastebins. Sometimes over /lit/, others over /sci/.

Can we add Searching to one of the movie lists?
imdb.com/title/tt7668870/

If you do a cybersecurity course will you learn how to be a hackerman or will it just be specifically about networks and how to secure them (as opposed to also including programming and other things you might use in a CTF)?

Attached: 1533204472822.jpg (480x360, 31K)

I should point out that I specifically meant a college undergrad course

Attached: Tsutomu_Nihei_-_Megalomania_04.jpg (1126x724, 519K)

Attached: Tsutomu_Nihei_-_Megalomania_06.jpg (1105x1562, 979K)

Attached: Theo_Prins_-_Street_Scene.jpg (648x700, 147K)

Neuromancer on the FTP

>Count Zero

my.mixtape.moe/atbejx.epub
my.mixtape.moe/bxsyyl.pdf
my.mixtape.moe/xqhtlu.txt

>Mona Lisa Overdrive

files.catbox.moe/b3eg16.txt
files.catbox.moe/kk80yh.epub

Attached: 1537898726613.gif (500x515, 1.31M)

>WarGames: The Dead Code (2008)
>Swordfish (2001)
These films are shite. What's the criteria for a "/sec/ movie"? Is just about any film that has "hackers" in it? I would have expected some semi realistic hacking scenes (at least Mr. Robot level) and a decent plot. Or maybe not even hacking at all, but something that makes you really think about how unsafe (from an information security perspective) computers are nowadays.

You might include /Max Headroom: 20 Minutes Into The Future/ as a rare /cyb/ TV series, user, as a gen X teen it was aesthetic af.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xbk1vB0gWL0

Attached: max-headroom.jpg (640x430, 26K)

good book

Save

Attached: 1514731045221.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

>The Dead Code
>not /sec/

Classic, it deserves to be there

cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity

You are late.

Attached: 1WAIMWv3AlaX1a5GfZ4dcQPqvno.jpg (1920x1080, 885K)

Women are the experts in cyber m8.

Attached: freaks.jpg (800x400, 67K)

Max Headroom has plenty of coverage in the FAQ,m including the legendary satellite hack.

>women

>Swordfish (2001)
I guess some believe this is realistic: youtu.be/zfy5dFhw3ik

>realistic
Hollywoods will be hollywoods.
I do not expect movies to be realistic, otherwise they'd be called documentaries.
Pretty awesome movie btw, would definetly watch again.

I guess in the sequel the anti-hero will be "serviced" by a sex bot as he penetrates computer defences.

To whoever said The Dead Code is not /sec/, kys

>The Dead Code
The plot reads like a cliche fest. The cast is full of D-list actors. It was direct to video. What, if any, redeeming features does it have?

kys

No arguments. You lost.

shit arguments, you lost

shit arguments still beat no arguments, sorry bro

kys

>However several fractions of the index are out there in pastebins.
Got a link? Searching came up blank.
>Sometimes over /lit/, others over /sci/.
I also frequent /sci/ but never saw them there.

Women have taken over cyber security.

Attached: Slide1.jpg (1024x768, 178K)

depends on the course

implying "Miki Demeter" is a woman

>Women

I'm sick of googles captchas
Are there any other platforms suitable for out of band discussion?
The other sec-focussed communities I can think of are more about exhibitionism than actual discussion.

In my company's cyber/natsec division, it's about 90% white male engineers, 5% asian male engineers, and 5% other.

===
FAQ Update: now at Preview 23.
===
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview23.htm
We just passed 160 KB and the TOC alone is 2 pages and is twice the size the Wikipedia entry that is presently in a descent with gems like this:
>Some observers cite that cyberpunk tends to marginalize sectors of society such as women and Africans. For instance, it is claimed that cyberpunk depicts fantasies that ultimately empower masculinity using fragmentary and decentered aesthetic that culminate in a masculine genre populated by male outlaws.[37] Critics also note the absence of any reference to Africa or an African-American character in the quintessential cyberpunk film Blade Runner[10] while other films reinforce stereotypes.[38]
Well.

New here is a TODO-list and thanks to an error the TODO section does not (yet) appear in the TOC. Please enjoy, and post feedback.

Attached: in_the_cyberpunk_world_by_quarian_ira-d5c3vw3.jpg (1465x800, 181K)

>I'm sick of googles captchas
>github.com/dessant/buster

>cyber/natsoc
how do I join ?

>Are there any other platforms suitable for out of band discussion?
LambdaMOO was mentioned a while ago. After 20 years of operations it is considered pretty safe.

>buster
thanks, the description sounds promising.
So far it's instafailing tho'

Are there any threads on other chans?
d0ublechans téch/fucko seems enduser only

I salute your awesomeness to all people who made this possible.

Other than the hassle with Google captcha, this is the comfiest board. Feeding Google with images of paring meters seem just weird and disturbing.

>So far it's instafailing tho'
try solving a couple captchas with normal methods first. It used to be great when it first came out, now it might rangeban audio captcha solving because lots of people use it.

Dunno about other public places where to have nice discussions. But keep lurking here, you never know.

I agree, comfiness is a huge factor here.
I'm glad to see someone's keeping the thread alive during EU nighttime - apparently it's still a slow period for us.

I'll report back if I get it working

Thanks! It has been a far, far bigger task than I had imagined. The starting point was last updated around 2010:
altcyberpunk.com/cpfaq.php

Also all the inputs from here are appreciated. I have been editing this thing for about 2 years now and it is still not complete.

cyberpunk is a patriarchal white nationalist genre? i'm in

Use archive.org and browse wikipedia, you'll see the decadence and censorship with non-mainstream content over the years. They call it "a walled garden to end all walled gardens", I am not messing with you.

m8 none of them are women.

>Cybersecurity

Social engineering makes that worthless.

Tor only hides TCP, not UDP.

I know. 10 years ago I was a contributor on WIkipedia, not an editor, and in the end I got sick and tired of gonzo editors messing with text they understood nothing about. So there is a steady decline. So that is why I edit the FAQ to my own standards. And that is why this knowledge management discussion we are having is so interesting: to me this is a way to rip control out from underneath the editors.

It is characteristic of the situation then that my last battle on Wikipedia was about Web 2.0. They thought Wiki was part of Web 2.0 but I find centralisation to one site goes against everything Web 2.0 was about. And the globalbrain project is a way to end the mess.

Attached: anton-churunov-16-8-dop-2.jpg (1195x1600, 410K)

>spending pennies to secure your network
>not spending money to train your emplyes
they only get what they deserve

>not UDP
tor does not support udp. If you also do not block all other traffic that is not tor routed, you're doing it wrong anyway.

Refreshing to see interest in knowledge like that. Ever since I looked at the evolution of the tools used in information I became impressed by how the future was portrayed. From the history of spreadsheets to the foundation of RSS. Always looking forward, always with something else to show, stuff that was inspiring. Thinking on Ted Nelson project Xanadu for example made me aware of things even further, this for example youtube.com/watch?v=En_2T7KH6RA

Made me want to try and experiment on personal projects about information exchange and aggregation, I slowly build some skills from time to time but is not my area so I keep it as a hobby. Is good to have dreams.

go to infogalactic

That's why I said Mr. Robol level of realism. Of course it doesn't need to be 100% realistic, one hack scene would have to take hours or even days. But it doesn't have to be people mashing on a keyboard and making the computer emmit random numbers and beeps or movies about creating a gui interface in visual basic to track an ip address. I was looking for something at least a bit more believable.

>infogalactic
Not what I had in mind. That is yet another wiki with yet another group. What I rather want is a distributed and decentralised system that is federated by reputation but without the drama queens you find in Reddit. Yes I know it is hard.

BTW night is here. Hang on in there.

Attached: motorrad51185700_1_display700.jpg (1052x700, 83K)

Attached: 未来派、デウスEX、人間革命、X線-1050x3360.jpg (3360x1050, 737K)

>the only vulnerabilities come from credentials

Attached: 6587CC88-BDD0-4F1F-8BCF-B87C9E013A0B.jpg (439x680, 48K)

Just spitballing but I wonder, if this kind of approach could come back with advancements and adoption of AR somewhere down the line

>advancements and adoption of AR somewhere down the line
Can't remember the name but I've once seen a video of a VR interface for a security program. Kind of control panel you could see and manipulate in 3d with a visor.
Sure it would help visually, but eye straining would remain a problem.

Sounds intriguing. I would read a story like that for sure.

Attached: 1547028728638.jpg (500x727, 134K)

Page 9, bumpity bump for moar cyber stuff in a few hours

Perhaps a little tenuous, but we are on page 8, so:
=== /cyb/ News:
The Burning Man has been embraced by some in teh Cyberpynk community such as Bruce Sterling. But not all is well in the land:
>Are the super-rich ruining Burning Man?
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47203978
>The increase in so-called "turnkey" or "plug-and-play" camps offering luxury and glamour for the super-rich or Insta-famous has become a source of tension at Black Rock City.

In reality this is just what Mona Lisa Overdrive was all about...

Still quiet? We have news:
=== /cyb/ News:
AI is a common ingredient in /cyb/ literature. For all the hype it seems to be a bit off yet:
>The Functional Illiteracy of AI
eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1334322
>Go ahead. Ask Siri on your iPhone: “Tell me good Italian restaurants nearby.” Instantly, you get a list. Great.
>So, ask again. This time, “How about bad Italian restaurants nearby?” A list pops up, but most of the bad restaurants are also good restaurants on the previous list.
>No one with a minimal grasp of technology should be surprised. Siri — on your so-called smartphone — doesn’t know good from bad.

Since everything is relative:
eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1334322&page_number=2
>Noriko Arai, who launched the "Can a Robot Get into a Top University?" project in 2011, compares her robot that arrives at statistically correct answers without understanding a thing, with Japanese kids with limited reading skills.
>Let’s get back to the Todai Robot. Asked to write a 600-word essay on maritime trade in the 17th Century, Todai Robot was able to lift information from textbooks and Wikipedia, combine them together, optimize and complete the essay, “without understanding a thing,” said Arai. Surprisingly, Todai Robot wrote a better essay than most students, she added.
>While the Todai Robot — which neither reads nor understands sentences — can come up with statistically correct answers, human kids are struggling, and getting beaten by machines, because they’re functionally illiterate.

>TempleOS
Has anyone taken over development?