Finally decide to switch over to linux for good

>finally decide to switch over to linux for good
>fresh install on laptop
>works well for about a month
>eventually starts to get laggy
>opening a single web tab BTFO's me evritiem
>will just decide to freeze up for about 10 minutes for no reason and you can't do anything other than wait or force restart with the power button
>never recovers well from sleep-mode, usually requires a restart
>search for help online, advice ends up being a mix of "lol git gud" and "try adding this one magic incantation to this text file"-type solutions that never work
Why can't linux just werk?

Attached: 1478485660162.jpg (446x362, 39K)

if you wanted something that "just werks," you wouldn't have gone for linux retard
that being said, if you really want help, post your distro and some more deets, and maybe one of us can point u in the right direction.

Because how else can losers feel good about themselves without putting normalfags down.

Probably arch linux after an update. Otherwise linux doesn't slow down.

this, i was thinking he had arch or whatever and it was getting bloated or not maintained well, but i don't wanna make assumptions

What distro?

it's xubuntu

>he fell for the loonix meme

Attached: 1526216954664.jpg (1024x576, 48K)

how often are you updating it

Your description of the problem tells me that you're a faggot

inb4 amd hardware

dumb frogposter

AMD is actually optimized for Linux.

Linux is literally a kernel. If you want a functioning operating system you need to install a userland along with the kernel. I suggest Arch GNU/systemd/Qt/Plasma as it's a very good userland for Linux.

systemd is what Ubuntu and Debian use correct?

Not sure about Ubuntu, but yes for Debian.

Actually I would recommend to just go for Debian or Fedora with KDE. Debian is „older“ software, but gets security updates for far longer than Fedora.
Fedora works fine aswell, just needs to be upgraded / reinstalled every year or so.

Until a few weeks ago I thought Ubuntu is good for beginners, then I looked at it closer and noticed that they really fucked up.

Oh and Fedora is a lot more up2date than Debian, but still pretty stable.

Ubuntu is a fork of Debian though

Is it more optimized than intel on Linux?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, systemd/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, systemd plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning systemd system made useful by the systemd corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the systemd system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of systemd which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the systemd system, developed by the systemd Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the systemd operating system: the whole system is basically systemd with Linux added, or systemd/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of systemd/Linux.

Sure it is, but it sucks. And they had their own startup shit for a while, just because it‘s based on debian does not mean it uses the same stuff everywhere.

It used to be good for beginners a while back, but they seem to be retarded somehow within the last years.

What the Hell? Ever since Ubuntu 14.04 it has only gotten better, 18.04 with Budgie desktop is the most stable / polished Linux experience I've ever had.

Attached: IMG_20190215_174201_234.jpg (720x1280, 865K)

>running gnome 18.04.1 on old laptop
>128 GB SSD
>suddenly out of space despite only using 40 GB of memory
>.cache folder is 80+ GB
The absolute state of Loonix. mfw

Attached: 1540070124353.png (735x720, 375K)

lies

nodrivers

poonix is good and all but I still keep wangblows as my base OS, using linux as a workstation is a good learning experiencing in how to hack together solutions to the most basic fucking things. Nowadays I use a default W10 installation that makes me want to fucking die and retreat to the solidarity of a putty session into my centos vm when I need a comfy cli