How do i COMPLETELY remove files from my computer after having deleted them?

Okay so, i had some files in a folder, i deleted them and empty the recycle bin but i know that's not enough and that the files are still located somewhere in my computer.

I know there are tools as "Eraser" but that kind of tools only takes care of destroying files that are either in the recycle bin or in the computer, mine are already in the 'void' but still there.

What can i do?, also haven't deleted the folder where this files where because i have other stuff there, should i move my archives and delete that folder too?

Attached: recycle-bin-kt.jpg (1545x850, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-bpX8YvNg6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can't do this. The most you can do is guttman wipe the entire drive which is a process of writing 0s and 1s over every section of the drive. This includes the OS.

So then im fucked? My mistake was to empty the recycle bin? what if i recover the archives and then use the "Eraser", would that work?

I just don't want to leave any trace of this files.

There is no deletion method that assures a particular file is gone that doesn't involve nuking the whole drive afaik
Apple used to have a secure delete option for their trash in MacOS but even they removed that too since it could be written as a temp file anywhere else and the OS can't track that

majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_securely_delete_files_in_windows_10.html

CCleaner has a free space wipping tool, just don't use it with an SSD.

So can i guttman wipe or something like that only the free space in my disk? (that is where the void archives are supposed to be i guess)

You can fill the filesystem with a single file using dd. It will be pretty much guaranteed to overwrite anything you have deleted in the past.

ccleaner, bleachbit - wipe free space
on lunix there was a set of programs like srm/smem/sfill etc that allowed wiping free space.

DBAN

If you have an SSD with trim on (most do) then it's already permanently gone forever.
Otherwise just overwrite your free space using one of the billion tools out there. If you're really paranoid, just wipe the whole drive with 0's. Anything beyond that is overkill.

>what if i recover the archives
Recovery is generally not in-place, but a copy, often to another drive. Recovery will just double the amount of pizza you have.

I have a normal disk, no SSD. I will do the thing with the free space.

Should i also move the rest of the files and destroy the folder or there is no need?

A folder is just a virtual container in the filesystem. It's not like it has any part of the disk's bits sectioned off. No need to delete the folder, as it's unrelated to the bits of the file.

Okay then, that's all thanks for the help.

>Should i also move the rest of the files and destroy the folder or there is no need?
>no need
That depends on how important it is. If you want to be absolutely sure, the only option is to override the entire drive and reinstalling the system.

>My mistake was to empty the recycle bin?
where's the mistake? use bleachbit's "free disk space" option. that'll nuke anything left over that's been deleted out of recycling bin.
ccleaner is cancer and their mobile app is literally spyware.

>doesn't know what trim is
>calls me a namefag when I have no name
>mfw I have no face

Okay i used the blenchbit and now im going with erased, hope destroys all

Attached: 000000000000000000000000.jpg (435x317, 26K)

Don't forget to delete System32.

1 random pasdls is enough. even if youre extra paranoid, 3 passes is basically overkill.
gutmann takes decades to finish and kills your drives from constant IO

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX2649916.jpg (800x555, 101K)

Again in theory it could still be existing somewhere as a temp file
as a shadow copy, or a windows restore backup, etc
Free space wiping won't touch that since they're not technically free space ,but rather space that is reserved by the OS but for who knows what
By the way in the next build of windows 10 they're reserving an additional 7GB of hard disk space, it's not something you can disable

pedo

calculate the sector and put some magnets on those location

Attached: HDwithDX0X8b.jpg (400x300, 60K)

>Again in theory it could still be existing somewhere as a temp file
as a shadow copy, or a windows restore backup, etc

Is there a way to know that? i mean the archives were in my PC for a couple of hours only

more drive destruction: youtube.com/watch?v=-bpX8YvNg6Y

you can't delete your pizza completely, you're fucked
might as well phone the fbi.

>good enough for the Clintons it's good enough for me...

dbam

>Is there a way to know that?
No, as multiple people already mentioned, if it actually is that important to you that the files are completely gone, backup the files you want to keep, completely override the hard drive and reinstall the system. There is no way around that, no matter what some shitty tool claims.

what does this mean, didn't the bitch have some emails and some shit?

Yo just keep downloading enough images to fill the trash bin and delete them all at once, do that 2 or 3 times.
There should be no trace after, that's just how the system works.

use an ssd with trim on

Everyone ITT is a retard. Just physically destroy the drive.
If you are not willing to do it, your data isn't dangerous enough in the first place, and "completely removing it" is not worth the effort.

the gutmann wipe is a 35 pass wipe of writing over every bit 35 times.

the guy himself (gutmann) said later that doing more than 1 pass is pointless. to be safe, i'd do the DoD short method (3 passes)

If you extracted this archive (or previewed a file in it), most likely you would have a copy of its contents in unextracted form lying somewhere, anywhere in your HDD
If it's a picture, your system would also generate thumbnails and other metadata which would then be indexed
Your file may be gone but there will be proof that once upon a time you had it, so a determined third party could do data recovery if they think it's valuable

Dick Dumping?

What do you mean by extracted? they were some MP4 files not compressed in any form and i did open them, so that's it.

Sucks i don't have a second drive, but will think about it.

smash it fag

Keep your drives completely full

>they were some MP4 files

All pedos must hang

Attached: 1544432126748.gif (1000x1000, 208K)

Attached: CuXx69VXEAAtFpy.jpg (1023x731, 84K)

Wipe your temporary files and delete any application data for programs you opened them with in %appdata% and %localappdata% (type them into your address bar), then overwrite your free space.

The safest way to ensure there's no fragmented data that could pieced together left over is just to guttman wipe the entire drive with a couple of passes.
>anywhere else
There are specific folders and locations temproary files are stored in, they don't just wind up all over the drive.

user did you have cheesepizza on your pc?

>just don't use it with an SSD.
Why? What are you supposed to do with an SSD?

use the 'erase free space' option in bleachbit

torrent a really big movie (yify release or such), it will replace the old data on your computer

>really big movie (yify release

Attached: 1479308672786.jpg (572x380, 35K)

>ccleaner is cancer and their mobile app is literally spyware
Agreed, but the last few builds before Avast took over have the feature too, and they're objectively fine.