>Website
voidlinux.org

>Does Void have X?
voidlinux.org/packages

>Installation
wiki.voidlinux.org/Installation

>FAQ
wiki.voidlinux.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Attached: enterthevoid.jpg (1200x1200, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voidlinux.org/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html
voidlinux.org/news/2017/12/ponysay.html
wiki.voidlinux.org/Installation:_UEFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Void Linux good

I would use if it was more stable

I'm thinking about sharing a post install script to help brainlets like this

voidlinux.org/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html

April fools day update still causing sperging years later

Is that a pokeball?

Gummiboot seems to be the superior choice if you have an UEFI setup then.
Did you do anything special to get it working user? I know it was just a VM, but do you think it'll work out of the box with the Void kernel hooks when updating?

Is editing
>/boot/loader/entries/void.conf
and
>/boot/loader/loader.conf
and then running
>gummiboot install
all I need to do?

The larbsBTFO you mentioned a few threads ago? Please do, this has potential to be a successful Jow Forums project.

>Nintendo sues for logo infringement

You should ask Jow Forums for logos.

Yes, please, I'm not a brainlet but a fucking lazy guy and anything that helps voidlinux in increasing its community is welcomed.

so whats up with the .eu meme?

That was the old domain and it’s dead

Do any of you guys use intel-undervolt? Is it possible to run it as a service in runit? I can't find it in /etc/sv.

this distro is garbage, even the installer crapped itself yesterday when i fell for this meme and actually tried to install it
no way to choose the locale on musl, and then when it came to installation, grub-install errored out with some obscure message about btrfs not supporting blocklists or some other bullshit
i just needed a light distro to put in a virtualbox vm, connect to vpn and expose a socks proxy for the host pc
debian at least works and the installation is straightforward

>ponyOS

Why can’t I find any documentation for void and dwm? Why is the void wiki so fucking shitty?

>more stable
Did you have problems with it? Because it's stabler than arch.
We don't need a general, OP. Stop making threads

It's not just one person creating threads, you know? Maybe you should go whine in the Windows10 or the incel thread (or the other 20 low quality ones)
dwm is not related to Void in any way, despite what the desktop thread made you think. Void wiki sucks, but for most stuff, the archwiki is fine.

>musl
found your problem, musl is shit

So what's up on the developers and website drama? I admit that the distro looks interesting, but you guys need to work on your PR.

Attached: IMG_20181229_163702.jpg (2240x3968, 2.49M)

It's literally made by a brony

>i-its just an April fools joke
voidlinux.org/news/2017/12/ponysay.html

seething

There was no drama, and the main dev is back. Doesn't matter anyway, since the community is doing all the work anyway. It's self-sustaining. Just make a redirect for your browser from the old domain to the one linked in the OP, and forget about it.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as systemd, is in fact, NSA/systemd, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, NSA plus systemd. systemd is not an init system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning NSA system made useful by the NSA backdoors and broad buggy system that touches as many components as possible and runs at PID 1. Many computer users run a modified version of the NSA system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of the NSA backdoor which is widely used today is often called “systemd”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically an NSA rootkit, developed by the NSA and forced onto the Linux community with their public shell company Red Hat. There really is a systemd, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the backdoor they use. systemd is the kernel or host: the software the NSA backdoor resides in that collects all your private data. The host software is an essential part of an NSA backdoor, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete rootkit. systemd is normally used in combination with the NSA operating system: the whole system is basically NSA with systemd added, or NSA/systemd. All the so-called “systemd” distributions are really distributions of NSA/systemd.

Attached: 1489195453920.png (752x941, 441K)

>falling for the UEFI jew

EFI jew boots breddy fast

>systemd is the kernel

Attached: xorgbrainlet.png (820x729, 185K)

By all means, every second comment talking about the disappearance of the main guy and not even being able to keep a simple domain running is hardly not drama.

Attached: 7b76e06eaa527909961f33113e6c76299085d77d2661607b290981e72d45419b.png (374x535, 100K)

Distros suffer from the network effect like social media sites do. I wouldn't start using void until I was confident it'd be supported for the foreseeable future.

This, if void sticks around for another 2 or 3 years I'll consider switching over to it. Until then, I'm just going to use Arch.

I'm happy Void is getting some recognition with all the recent threads here. It's a neat little distro.

I don’t use void but you should probably mention it was made by an ex-NetBSD dev, which gives it some credibility.

seconding

When it is going to have 64bit wine ?

this faggy distro wouldnt boot on my machine. i think it is because my disk is gpt, but maybe if i tried using a dos format on my disk it would work.

Imagine being this new

Please do, like I'm lazy as fuck and don't want to do things myself. Plus it'd be really helpful to new people.

You could ask in their IRC, #voidlinux on freenode
I don't think that's the distro's fault user. Did you follow the install guide to set up grub correctly?

other than joining the other brainlets that think harder is better, why would i use this?

Attached: 1547833219217s.jpg (125x103, 3K)

do the following work with musl?
opera
slack
cisco any connect

hows hardware support for 8th gen i7-8650u and integrated realtek audio, intel wifi and eth?

Fucking dead meme distro

Tis.

should i install this on my memepad after I get drunk

i followed the distro guide, but for some reason a void linux would not create a boot entry when i would type in efibootmgr.

Did you set the mountpoints correctly when running during the installer?

Bootloader:
>main disk, graphical: yes
Partition:
>sda1: 500M EFI System, sda2: Linux filesystem
Filesystem:
>sda1: vfat /boot/efi , sda2: ext4 /

Just install the glibc version
There shouldn't be any issues with that hardware, but you might have to install some firmware packages.

yes, im tempted to try this again because debian broke my bumblebee config, if im going to flash the os to a flash drive could it be that my problem is that i use balena etcher and it corrupts the os when i flash it, sorry if im being an idiot im a babby. I did exactly what you said on my attempt at installing void, but it still wouldnt boot. I was able to get slackware to boot, but it is much too complicated for me to setup with the amount of knowledge and free time I have so once i learn more about the filesystems i will switch to slackware. I was really looking forward to no systemd but i decided to go back to debian ):

It's absolutely impossible to fuck this up if you're following the guide.
wiki.voidlinux.org/Installation:_UEFI
Good luck

strangely enough it did.

I had problems geting it to boot on my laptop and the install iso is not detected on my umpc.
My straggles writh Artix and bad pgp keys makes me want to try this distro again though.

Attached: 1363452013018.jpg (499x500, 29K)

Holy crap, are you me? I love installing distros drunk or high af, literally it gets more interesting. You have to do it.

They're fucking trying to.

why not put ' intel-undervolt apply' in /etc/rc.local so it gets applied at boot?

>runit
>xbps and xbps-src
>LibreSSL
>Easier for the user, not for the dev
You should try using it, it's better than Arch in every way. No point in doing so if you don't want a minimal distro though.