I'd buy this considering it's a dedicated music player, but I'd like to know, is it really worth even a $1k price tag?

I'd buy this considering it's a dedicated music player, but I'd like to know, is it really worth even a $1k price tag?

I get that good audio is certainly expensive, but can this drive really high impedance headphones & all? Did Sony do well with this product?

Attached: Signature Series Walkman.jpg (1200x1200, 90K)

I bought a NW-A45 - the $150 model.
It had no problem with my 50 ohm headphone and the amp and DAC are surprisingly good for the money.

Would I go for the $1k model? Probably not.
The specs on the mid-range models should support just about any headphones, unless you have stupidly high impedance.

if you're going to spend a pretty penny, the ZX300 will save you $300 from that model
but the NW-A55 is $220, widely available, and will probably satiate any dedicated audio player needs you have. The only complaint I have about mine is the proprietary connector, but everything else is about a billion times more reliable than chi-fi DAPs that I don't even care

>The only complaint I have about mine is the proprietary connector
This, and no USB audio output so I can't hook it up in my car.

just use your phone lmao

>$1k

Attached: 1531946152769.png (398x539, 116K)

Phones that aren't the LG V30 have low tier audio through the jack. Mine can't even drive the Sennheiser PXC 550's I have.

Thanks a lot, it's good to know that even the lower models are superior to smartphones and other devices.

use a external dac.

>2019
>headphone jack

itoddler?

Seems like it.

BT shills should back off.

I wanted a phone with good audio but O can't justify paying 400 bucks for the v30.
So not sure if getting a PMP or just a DAC.

just a modern person
use an external dac (while bluetooth falls under this category I meant usb-c or lightning )

>autism
Phones are the best option for most people because you don't have to autistically load every music file to the device and can just stream it whenever you want
A brand new v30 costs 300 btw

Attached: 1550304379794.png (600x864, 684K)

>autism
Because buying a $1000 device just to listen weebshit is a much better option, right.

I only have to load them whenever I get new tracks, which is a long time apart so it's not much of an issue for me.

>streaming

How is that expensive? Phones are double that these days.

Normies might be Ok with paying 400 bucks for a fucking phone but I'm not.

>2019
>proprietary shit power connector and not usb-c
Sony are the kings of power jack kikery. I’d buy an NW-A45 this second if it had usb-c

>the $1000 wokman has it too
J U S T
U
S
T

this product is good, but the zx300 sounds the same and the wm1a is just as good if you're looking for premium shit

Is this the audiofag retard placebo general?

Here I thought cycling and bikes were overpriced.

Its not placebo, its a lack of understanding coupled with idiocy.

Except they put USB-C on their phones and headphones.

You guys are the type of people to say "Use a phone instead of a camera" for high level photo detail purposes.

>just a modern person

Attached: image.jpg (1296x1458, 336K)

Then don't complain when your phone sucks lmao. I consider 400 a pretty fuckin low point.
>for a fucking phone
Why do you say it like that? It's a phone. It's literally a tiny computer in your pocket that can do whatever the fuck you want. Very few people use their phone just for talking.

Clip+ are still way under $1000 so no it isn't worth it.

Is it a hi-res player?

What do you need more resolution of? You're not going to hit the limits of 16 bits of dynamic range without top end equipment in a soundproofed room, but then why are you buying a portable player? And so long as the DAC is decent, 44100-48000 samples/s is enough to reproduce anything in the human hearing range.

I see, though the ability to drive high impedance headphones is another condition. Portable devices seem to be capable of it (not all of them though).

that's retarded. at that point it's better to have a dedicated unit

I'm not sure whether what I have are high impedance but some stuff seems to play poorly through them but the Clip+ works great.

Exactly.