Why is it so much better for hacking?

Why is it so much better for hacking?

Attached: Kali_GBHackers.jpg (684x458, 41K)

(((((they))))) force you to buy those very specific hardware ((((((they))))) sell to bait soibois into """"hacking""""

what the fuck? what hardware??
You can use kali on whatever

Because it already has most of the software used for "hacking" already installed. "Hackers" are so retarded they can't even install fluxion on Ubuntu

Attached: 1493016324213.jpg (499x488, 108K)

it's not. it doesn't even have wpa_cli preinstalled.
literally just use debian and install everything you need.

Are security and AI the biggest memes in computer science? Like I bet most of these autists just run scripts and have no idea how any of it works.

What are you even talking about?
>what is git clone
Acting like taking the time to install everything I need on another distro instead of just saving a shit ton of time is smarter.
>a literal wpa_supplicant CLI tool
Is this honestly your criterion for what makes a good pentest distro?

right behind BIGDATA and cockchain

install pentoo

The preinstalled packages specific to pen testing and cracking. That's it. You could achieve the same thing on any other Linux distro by installing the same packages.

>it's real

and stale

>literally all the things that make CS relevant.

I don't know but some overweight guy in my CS class has it installed with the windows 10 store to write hello world.

>hurr durr that's not hacking, I'm a programmer, I know more than all

It’s not “better” the only thing that makes hacking better is your brain. Kali just has a lot of tools in one place, but you can do anything you can on kali on any distro

>sudo layman -a pentoo
Okay.

Attached: 1538287318047.jpg (395x398, 15K)

This

>Kali is better for hacking

Let's see:
1. Everything runs as root:
a. Almost all security benefits of Linux fly out the window
b. Popping a shell on a Kali box rarely requires additional privesc
2. Lacks default security essentials:
a. No FDE
b. No encrypted swap with random IV each boot
c. No UEFI secure boot
d. No hardened toolchain
4. Bulky defaults:
a. Bulky DE
b. Bulky init system

And so on. It's toddler's first pentesting distro.

You're not supposed to use Kali as your daily driver you fucking sped

It's supposed to be used in either a throw-away VM or a throw-away USB drive
Nobody making it was intending you to store your valuable data on it.

Attached: 1421960534008.jpg (442x638, 44K)

For pentesters it actually is their daily driver, my dark skinned friend

Yeah? The driver they use for shopping and entertainment? or are you talking about workstations where they probably don't have any personal files on that they use for pentesting.

Do you have a job?

No it isn't.

t. pentester

Pentester here - this is true, but I don't put my fucking work email and internal files on it. It's just for the pentest work I do.

I have a whole other laptop for that. Being a pentester is about business, too.

have you ever fucking worked a day in your life my dude

Because it's a ready baked distro for a specific application.
What a stupid question.

Attached: 1407861903674.jpg (1024x768, 122K)

Everyone here is retarded.

Kali comes with that stuff pre-installed. Yes, you could pre-install that stuff on Ubuntu, but then you need to bring the entire laptop. Kali can run a USB thumb drive and be booted to anything. You can keep it in your pocket. Penetration testing isnt just like hacking from your mom's basement. Its all avenues. Put on a suit and walk into the lobby of an office building and sneak into a back room and find a computer and boot up kali. Or wear a hi-vis vest and a hard hat and do the same thing. You can't really swing it with a laptop bag and charger.

A Debian distro installed on an SSD with all the programs you need and fully configured is obviously better, but everyone knows that penetration testing isnt limited to just remote keystrokes.

Cant believe i need to explain this to Jow Forums

It's their daily driver they use professionally to find vulnerabilities at clients. While not personal data, that remains sensitive data nonetheless. A daily driver doesn't mean shopping and entertainment, although admittedly it is quite entertaining at times. Yes I have a job.

If you don't use it daily, then for you it won't be your daily driver, yes.

Indeed. Again, a daily driver doesn't limit itself to shopping and entertainment.

Yes.

This guy knows. Why everyone on Jow Forums treats Kali like it can be your only OS on your only box is so goddamn stupid.

I thought this was a technology board, not college bro reddit.

If you're putting important shit on your kali install, you deserve whatever comes to you. It's 100% intended to just be activated for a testing session, which is only a part of a pentester's job.

>Yes I have a job
Maybe you shouldn't

Anyone try Parrot OS? Comes with Tor and Firefox with adblockers already installed

Finding vulnerabilities is actually "important shit", user. And yes, I agree its used only for testing, I'm not arguing that. And yes, finding vulnerabilities is but a part of the pentester's job. Reporting takes time, too, I know. But it remains a box the pentester uses pretty much daily, and can therefore be discribed as a "daily driver". Never mind shopping or entertainment.

>Maybe you shouldn't have a job
Not sure I agree

Guy from here. I have engagements that last weeks and I store relevant gathered data on my pentest machine, encrypted, through the end of the engagement when it finally gets removed. I can't just "activate it for a session" and then wipe all the data. Do you have any idea how a pentest/red team exercise actually goes? I'm inclined to think you don't.

This user speaks the truth. It's naive and ignorant to think a pentest box won't store "important shit" for weeks until an engagement is wrapped up.

>Those aliases
Fucking cringe, what a bunch of losers

Attached: shocked.png (1024x467, 299K)

Lol both parties here are cringey

It's a joke from Hackers you dumb shit.

>He hasn't seen hackers
m8

Attached: hackers.jpg (275x366, 21K)