How is this possible?

Attached: tsmc 5nm 2019.png (1024x560, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/277495-intel-goes-back-to-22nm-for-new-chipset-to-address-manufacturing-shortage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Safe (well, about as safe as it gets on the bleeding edge) scaling goals and focused execution.
Oh and they've backordered over half the available ASML EUV tooling for 2019 so why not?

Even their 7nm isn't mature enough for large dies like cpus or gpus yet

isn't zen 2 and vega 20 on TSMC 7nm?

The taiwanese are very intelligent and hardworking.

Attached: twice-tzuyu-2[1].jpg (540x811, 83K)

TSMC 5mm is really 44mm +++++++++++. At some point they just started making up the numbers so it looks like they are making progress.

The 7nm part of Zen 2 isn't even the full CPU, it still requires what amounts to a north bridge and that is on a 14nm process

the chinese have average iq > 110

EUV

Attached: samsung-foundries-7lpp-update.png (2000x1125, 2.54M)

>up to
give me the average numbers

Its an iterative shrink of 7nm FinFET with heavier EUV integration than the 7nm EUV line. 5nm EUV actually isn't much of an uplift over 7nm EUV.
They've always had 5nm EUV slated for risk production in 2019. They've been hitting every milestone on their internal roadmap to facilitate it. Its still very impressive, but not really surprising.

Good enough for MI60

low power draw 5nm designs tapping out isn't a shock.

It'll take a lot longer before we have high power 5nm taping out.

Silly zoomer. The North Bridge is not part of the CPU. It's included on CPUs now because latency reasons. North Bridges are quite low power parts compared to actual CPUs.

>The 7nm part of Zen 2 isn't even the full CPU
yes it is. learn what a cpu is and how it works before making a fool out of yourself.

Cuz it's a number arbitrarily pulled out of their ass for advertising purposes as there is no universal standard for measurements.

REEE ITS LIES

INTEL USES 14NM. PAPA INTEL SAYS MOORES LAW IS DEAD. DON'T LISTEN TO AMD LIES.

REEEEEEEEEE

Greater than 0% and less than 50%

Relative to how CPUs are made today he isn’t wrong
Most all CPUs made today integrate their memory and I/O among other things. The 7nm chiplets in comparison to other modern CPUs is incomplete, not the full CPU. they can’t function like a modern CPU would without another die that handles IO and memory
but of course technicalities Linux is just a kernel and all that

Skip 5nm in favor of 3nm with gate-all-around

It's really a big mystery.
I don't know how they managed to do it, but somehow they managed to beat Intel.

Attached: tsmc-intel.jpg (830x1181, 279K)

extremetech.com/computing/277495-intel-goes-back-to-22nm-for-new-chipset-to-address-manufacturing-shortage

intel's 22nm is just as good as all the other chipmaker's 3nm

Attached: i666.jpg (2048x1370, 319K)

Intel is literally ahead of anyone in this industry.

Attached: intel-hits-target-two-years-early.jpg (1089x842, 270K)