Sneed

Chuck

>I download files
Did we really need a thread for this?

feels good bros

Attached: .png (238x92, 5K)

based and redpilled

This is why public trackers suck

Are you implying that public trackers suck because they allow public downloads? That makes no sense.

Attached: file.png (825x109, 4K)

Are you dense? The less people who seed means dl times can be slower or the torrent will die.

Additional downloaders does not mean a reduction in seeders. You must be confused.

If everyone acts like OP, then yes. Are you trolling?

What you're proposing is a hypothetical that doesn't reflect reality. Not everyone acts like that nor does it hold any impact.
At the beginning of the download, assume 4 seeders 0 leechers, OP joins the swarm, 4S:1L, the download finishes 4S:0L.
Nothing changed.

So you're saying you can find as many obscure movies or even popular movies on public trackers as private? I don't think so.

>doesn't reflect reality
Can I have some of what you are sniffing? I wanna visit your """reality"""

That's not what I said at all, nor is it what the person I'm replying to was talking about.

For what it's worth when I can't something publicly, I make sure to mirror it if I have to jump through hoops to get it privately. This is pretty rare since a lot of people do this already.

It's actually an impossible proposition. The leecher wouldn't be able to finish the download in the first place if it wasn't seeded to begin with.

>It's actually an impossible proposition. The leecher wouldn't be able to finish the download in the first place if it wasn't seeded to begin with.
And more public torrents die or have 1 slow seeder than private trackers with multiple seeders at better speeds.

Under what basis can you prove this generalization?
The top lists of public trackers and the DHT itself disagrees with you.

Let's compare peers with the top torrents of the most popular private music tracker.

Attached: file.png (709x442, 27K)

public tracker keks

>the most popular private music tracker
Based OOPS!

Peer count and origin have nothing to do with speed. My gigabit connection is still a gigabit, regardless of if I'm seeding to tracker A or B.
If you're already saturated by 1 peer, you're not even going to be able to open connections to more.

>based
It's a shame more than anything. Just because I don't like the concept, doesn't mean I celebrate the death. It's a shame that users are forced into these communities, but I understand their lack of choice. Ultimately the problem is bureaucratic in one way or another. Be it bandwidth and/or privacy policies, as well as potentially country laws.

I feel like this trend will change eventually with the way things are going.