Some Navy draft forced to fill out punch cards in the 60s understands computer philosophy more than 90% of...

>some Navy draft forced to fill out punch cards in the 60s understands computer philosophy more than 90% of ""programmers""

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fventurebeat.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F05%2FAlan-Kay-Marcin-Wichary-Flickr (3917x2612, 2.03M)

Attached: quote-i-made-up-the-term-object-oriented-and-i-can-tell-you-i-did-not-have-c-in-mind-alan-kay-61-17- (850x400, 243K)

>our guy

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 3.17.40 PM.png (838x274, 98K)

Attached: quote-if-the-pros-at-sun-had-had-a-chance-to-fix-java-the-world-would-be-a-much-more-pleasant-alan-k (850x400, 266K)

Attached: file.png (850x400, 258K)

Attached: file.png (800x800, 277K)

Attached: file.png (850x400, 284K)

Attached: file.png (850x400, 252K)

Alan Kay is a true gentooman

cannot even meme, Kay is based.

This one is wrong.
We builds four pyramids as he described, then we try to build a pyramid on top of those.

why does it always come down to this

There were no slaves involved in the construction of egyptian pyramids. Get your facts together

I think he was protesting the fact that quotas were preventing Jews from being massively over-represented in higher education at the expense of anyone else.

the metaphor still applies even if it's referring to mythology
you mean metaphorically or literally?

MS-DOS and C++ were unironically the best things to happen to computing.
This boomer is butthurt because no one uses his language.

Metaphorically of course.

wowwee!!

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.cKV5p_HnKN1k8eZHt7ks0wAAAA%26pid%3D15.1&f=1.jp (413x243, 18K)

I was having a great time scrolling through the quotes in gallery mode, and then you had to come along and ruin it with your overused Wojak image. This stupid meme has been going on for like three years now and it should just fucking die already.

So which language I should learn today that he'll approve of

Implying utility is not an intrinsic merit. This dude is some dumb hippie faggot.

he literally explains why Joss wasn't successful despite being more useful. BASIC was literally advanced by shills.

WEST VIRGINIA

No he doesn't. He describes his opinion based on his feeling that Joss was better. He doesn't explicitly present anything that objectively proves it a better language or basic the worse.

trust me basic is worse

That's the gist of it.

gimme something to read that covers computer philosophy.