ITT: share your controversial (and correct) tech opinions

ITT: share your controversial (and correct) tech opinions.

I'll start:
>Javascript is an excellent first language to learn

Attached: typical_american_bachelor_pad.png (586x673, 375K)

>vpn's are very profitable now because they exploit people's privacy fears...
(((ads everywhere telling you that you need privacy.. and they can give you that for a small fee)))

I actually agree with your opinion there, mainly due to the amount of freely available learning resources out there that are based in JS and it works well for learning both OOP, FP and about prototypal inheritance and the classical structure. Should definitely learn a language like C afterwards though, then assembly.

>it's perfectly fine to use proprietary software
>open-source developers working on large projects should work on commonly requested features instead of whatever they want

>code of conducts are necessary to help promote equality and respectful attitudes in the industry

Apache is a very performant web server (at least with mpm_event instead of fucking prefork) and actually very easy to configure.

>There is nothing wrong with using Mac OS if you own a hackintosh
>there is nothing wrong with using a Git GUI application. Learning all those commands is a bigger waste of time than clicking a few buttons

99% of software is made by unbearable faggots.

they are good for connecting to remote servers (i.e. blacklist all IPs but your VPN), and also for torrenting in some places like America where cops will break down your door and shoot you for even visiting thepiratebay

UNIX has been always a virus, a cancer upon computing. It's impossible to kill off, and it has absolutely devastated the field.

There is nothing wrong with playing video games

Correct if you are a kid.
Incorrect if you are a real man.

>the industrial revolution has been a disaster for the human race

It IS good as a first language if you need an easy language to learn, but it's still bad in general.

i think this is the reason why ubuntu linux UI is so garbage

I think you might be 100% right about that

I tired using the git gui as a beginner, I could never get it to work, but I was able to pick up the commandline without too much grief. To each his own, tho

>technology is shit
Seriously, I spent too much time on computers and I was unhappy. I almost abandoned them, and now I'm happy. When I take care of my plants or my garden, I feel genuinely good.

Attached: 1541373539728.jpg (604x601, 29K)

yeah, real men spend all day on an anime imageboard posting pictures of cartoon frogs and complaining about apple and indians

CRT monitors are still perfectly fine to use, 60hz only

Attached: cat.jpg (353x363, 9K)

>Java is better than C# for portability among other reasons

I thought higher refresh rate meant fewer headaches

please elaborate. I'm currently taking a C# and it seems to be everything Java should've been. I've never had a real job though, so I have no real idea what I'm talking about.

I agree with your statement explicitly, but don't believe those aims are any good
this is fact

taking a course that uses C#***

came here to post this. we STEM people are captains of the cope, but it is soulless

ITT: OP prompts people to post opinions nobody cares about so people pay attention to his opinion nobody cares about.

Well in terms of portability, it was designed to run everywhere JVM is implemented versus C#, which (although it can run elsewhere now), was never really intended for use outside of Microsoft environments.

the TV should be mounted on the wall
fucking boomers

> nodejs and npm is poorly designed trash
> python is a good beginner and scripting language and that's about it
> systemd is bloatware
> java/C# are necessary corporate evils
>C++ and Rust are mostly interchangeable bar compiler speeds
> lisp and Haskell may not have huge commercial applications but are fun none the less
> osx and windows will always be the basic bitch desktops that the masses use with some Linux integration built in. The things that make Linux fun to play with and use don't necessary translate across to letting the fucking normies use it.
> sjws/dangerhairs and troons are going to fuck up tech if allowed to fester unchecked
> any and all large tech companies need to be demolished completely

>rent $1500
>jobs paying $12 an hour
Why aren't they buying things?

literally none of your opinions are controversial here, though most of them are incorrect

>also for torrenting in some places like America where cops will break down your door and shoot you for even visiting thepiratebay
That's what I use it for. Land of the free.

Agreed, although I'd say that python shouldn't be a first language. It should be for scripting and quick'n dirty code to figure things out.

Agree. Its allowed to many stupid backwards people to breed who frankly should have died centuries back.

you and yours included

Just because you disagree doesn't make them incorrect.

It's actually just GNU., not GNU/Linux (inane). No other system cares about the kernel (not even Android, which also uses Linux).

Call me when any desktop Linux distro is worth a shit on multiple displays.

Likewise. Without the industrial revolution many of us wouldn't have existed. That's not a bad thing.

Care to elaborate?

You know that 120hrz crt exist?

Internet programming forums are eternal beginners unable do something useful outside CRUD jobs

and you holding those opinions doesn't make them correct. Read the OP. We're in 4channel. Your opinions are incorrect

IBM 360 and Lisp Machines do a lot things better than unix.

like anything else it's about balance and not burning out

I like my garden too user. I'm more interested in talking about cherry tomatos and soil pH than tech some days. but not every day.

>owning a tv

Only boomers own a TV.

Thanks for confirming I'm objectively right. If you can't explain why I'm incorrect , you need to shut up.

I want to have my vision when I am in my 50's though

Linux distro has nothing to do with multiple displays. You sound like a windows user that has only used ubuntu. Multiple displays depends on your desktop environment / window manager or if you do it manually.
I use 4 displays (laptop + 3 external displays) with linux + openbox at work

OP said controversial, not opinions that everybody agrees with and are correct

I dont know somebody that would argue that javascript is particularly a bad language to start with, however it is a horrible language for anything more than 100 lines or anything serious

Extend that to all content though.

DAPs are retarded and you're better off just using your phone and investing in a higher end model with a good dac. If you have high impedance meme cans just get a USB amp.

>and also for torrenting in some places like America where cops will break down your door and shoot you for even visiting thepiratebay
c'mon guy.

Most people who work in tech are overpaid whiny faggots.

just what the fuck do you think every website in the world is made with?

>America where cops will break down your door and shoot you for even visiting thepiratebay
Well, to be fair, they'll do that even if you don't visit thepiratebay, so I'm not sure VPNs are really that effective there.

python is great for research, data analysis, machine learning, GIS and AI/ML
there's nothing evil about Java or C#
dumb sjws work in dumb positions. We need retards to do the codemonkey work
>we should destroy the economy lmao
dumb commie

Technology was a mistake and its use to subjugate, analyze, and control us is rapidly increasing. Smart devices are retarded, self driving cars are retarded, IoT is retarded, social media is retarded, SaaS is retarded, everything's retarded and needs to be destroyed.

Attached: 1548310036019.jpg (968x681, 70K)

Yeah and have you noticed how most sites now days are bloated with 100 billion lines of JavaScript to accomplish a gay fancy user interface when they could just make a simple website using HTML and PHP/Ruby/Python/*? I don't want to have to enable JavaScript to browse every fucking site on the web.

You don't have to enable Javascript to use Jow Forums. You should try it sometime.

Wrong thing is spilling their discussion to other boards

Is that $1500 a week?

what we need is acclerationism so technology can be used for its ultimate purpose

Attached: file.png (474x399, 161K)

>Guys live in an apartment he barely spends any time in because he's working 10+ hours a day
>We really gotta decorate this place nicer now that I've got to stay here all day, can I borrow your credit card tomorrow to buy some furniture that my friends and I can use while you're at work?

Probably a month, you fucking dunce. Since most people pay rent by month and not by week like some kind of short term degenerate.

Also if your wage is $12/h and rent is $1500, you need to fucking move. You can't afford to live there. Get room mates, look for better jobs or move someplace else. I've had room mates into my 30s and it was fun, but mostly it sucked dick. Weigh your pros and cons.

It is GNU, not Linux or GNU/Linux. Just GNU.

Hey look, it's double Stallman!

It's because women are nest builders and often don't understand how other people can be not that. Much like how a lot of guys can't understand why women want to settle down and build a future and a nest.

We're just different, that's all. No need to get upset. Just don't think with your dick and don't get caught up with some evil whore and you'll be alright.

That's ridiculous. You don't need to be doing anything suspicious for cops to shoot you in America.

Linux is an OS

This isn't an opinion. It is a fact that Linux is not an OS. It is a kernel.

>they said on Jow Forums(nel), on the technology board
Wow

Attached: your rebuttal.png (574x278, 428K)

Based and redpilled
Cringe and bluepilled

Hi, tranny witch.

I disregard most ThinkPad users as tech illiterate hipsters trying to feel smarter than mactards by consuming a different kind of fashion accessory.

This. You can't even GAME on a Thinkpad. Do they even run WINDOWS???

And these kinds of inane comments are exactly why I do it.

What games have you been playing, my dude? Gaming?

there is no way you actually believe that

Tech is like meth, it's hard to get off of.

>what is hyperbole

Basic is probably the best starter language as it is the language that carries the less "package" with it, and you can get to the whole "learning how to make your brain create routines" quicker.

But as soon you get this down, you should learn a good language to detox yourself.

This place is really shitty though. Acoustics is fucking terrible and conversation would be unpleasant. No need to be a "nest builder" to notice that.

Visual Basic is better (even if it's useless). Javascript is fragmented as hell and doesn't provide experience with compiled languages.

>10 hour days with no weekends off
Time to get a better job.

I don't think you understand what hyperbole is, son.

Metro is the most beautiful and well-structured interface for touch-based interfaces.
Microsoft fucked it up by pushing it into their desktop OS and now everybody hates it.

Attached: windows_phone_706.jpg (1000x462, 85K)

Too many people get overpriced autistic pc builds when they a-have no time to play games for long b-don't play games that require such a build in first place

I suspect this is one of the few reasons twich and youtube is full of these

t. Steve Ballmer

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with using git GUI, I think if it speeds things up like undoing changes on individual files or viewing changes, it makes sense to have a GUI, but it's a good idea to at least know a few git commands at the command line because I found it gave me a better understanding of branching and version control in general.

With node it became platform independent which is a huge plus for beginners

>explicitly
What's a troon

etc.
Who are you quoting? Here is a controversial opinion: greentext and its consequences have been a disaster for the user race.

The biggest problem with computing these days is that software has never been this bloated and slow in proportion to the hardware it's running on.
Especially web browsers and the modern internet, it's absolutely unacceptable.

Attached: 1542609257667.png (711x834, 647K)

Windows 10 isn't so bad after all
I can do everything I was doing in GNU/Linux
I still prefer GNU/Linux
But I can easily use Windows 10 exclusively

you can’t escape me

okay but linux desktop is ass and deep down u know it

An accelerationist should be wiser than to say "we". But yes, the only way out is through.

Attached: we.png (834x159, 25K)

>learning how to make your brain create routines
This wouldn't be neccesary if recursion was teached on 7th grade as done on fucking chile