Flash nostalgia

Why has nothing replaced Adobe Flash after almost a decade of it being phased out? HTML5 with Canvas, Webgl, etc were supposed to. But there’s nothing like the many hundreds of flash games I used to have fun with online 10+ years ago. Back then anyone could make a simplistic game and put it online. What happened? and is there a future for simple online games?

Attached: 6C89EF78-7BD6-42DC-ACAA-E89F4105E1F6.png (1044x1043, 81K)

Enough with this meme already.

because phone games are flash games but more profitable and you can do a fuckload more with them
sad state of affairs

I don't think it's a technology problem

Attached: capitalism.png (1016x620, 211K)

I think they all went to mobile, they even had an actionscript thing for Android a while back.

>there’s nothing like the many hundreds of flash games I used to have fun with online 10+ years ago.
They're all in your phone now you dipshit

touchscreens are not for playing games

Realistically, what will happen to all those old flash games?

Nonfree pig disgusting. GTFO with this shit.

Newgrounds and other websites are building an archive of flash games

Back when flash ruled the web I found it ironic that while people lambasted Microsoft for attempting to control web standards, they handed over media playback and control totally over to Adobe. It was a fucking cancer and I'm glad it's gone.

The servers that are scaping data off your computer while runnimg flash files will shut down. 15 years from now and playing flash games will be safe.

Instead of making this thread you should have just looked up HTML5 games. HTML5 is not the issue. Kids and adult children these days spend their time on Youtube instead so there's simply not anywhere near the level of content creation from a decade plus ago.

I miss playing Java games in the browser more.

Mobile apps took over.
Flash needed to go, anyway. Everything Adobe makes is bloated, glitchy shitware.

Yet JavaScript gets a free pass for being objectively worse.

-Flash
+JavaScript
This life is suffering

Quicktime called to say you're an idiot.

OSRS switched from being playable in a browser to only in downloadable clients. Seriously the internet has lost most of its position as a platform for games

>playing flash games 12 years ago
>this game requires adobe shockwave

Attached: YuhMoments2.jpg (640x640, 161K)

there was some mozilla project a while back to convert flash to html5, but it got abandoned.
basically all thats left is the standalone flash projector from adobe

>you can do a fuckload more with them
Big if true, some of the best phone games i played don't measure up to mediocre flash games

Some moved to either making games in actual game engines while most others moved to mobile with a bunch of template assets to get shekels off of thousands of ads.
The internet should never have been more than a geeky timewaster...

That was because Chrome fucked something up with Java.

flash was superior, it got killed because google couldn't read flash web pages.
The irony is that the model is slowly going back in the form of web assembly. Maybe in 2030 we will finally get back to quality and speed that was possible with flash in 2005.

this, phone games are the new flash games