What does Jow Forums think about Vivaldi Browser?

What does Jow Forums think about Vivaldi Browser?

Attached: download-thankyou-os-windows.png (980x551, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/google-backtracks-on-chrome-modifications-that-would-have-crippled-ad-blockers/
vivaldi.com/source/
tech.slashdot.org/story/19/01/23/0048202/google-proposes-changes-to-chromium-browser-that-will-break-content-blocking-extensions-including-various-ad-blockers
vivaldi.com/privacy/vivaldi-end-user-license-agreement/
old.reddit.com/r/vivaldibrowser/comments/54kzpc/psa_vivaldi_is_not_open_source_most_of_you/d836sgb/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like opera

Use it for work, have twitch streaming to the side
When the boss is watching I tune in to a music or news channel instead
My coworkers are jealous that I could watch videos while I work, I tell them it's a Vivaldi feature and they could have that too but they're too ingrained to using Chrome so they can't switch :(

It's made by the original development team of Opera

Daily driver

its for niggers

One of a few great Chromium-based browsers. I recommend it.

Let's hope that Vivaldi doesn't adhere to that rule change that will prevent uBlock Origin to stop working.

The rule change that was never implemented and Google backed out on you mean? Sounds like you fell for clickbait if your understanding of the situation is this poor.

>The rule change that was never implemented and Google backed out on you mean?
Oh, really? That would be great to hear, if true. Source, please.

If you need a source to learn that this was always just a proposal then I question how you even found out about this in the first place and your methods of research.

What a dickwad, hurr durr I know all about an announcement that was made barely a day ago

zdnet.com/article/google-backtracks-on-chrome-modifications-that-would-have-crippled-ad-blockers/

Does it have a furry mascot

It's proprietary and includes an EULA, so I have no interest in it.

Attached: Bowsette CTF.jpg (900x802, 174K)

There was no announcement for the proposal. No rule was ever changed. What are you on about? From the very start when this story was picked up it was always as a proposal but fuckwads like you don't read and just believe whatever Jow Forums tells them or fall for clickbait

>feels sad about how Jow Forums is not informed
>refuses to provide sources even if they ask nicely and assumes everyone should be updated about a day-old development post on chromium extensions programming
Guess what jerkface, you're part of the fucking problem

Attached: gordon raaaaaaaamsay.jpg (225x225, 8K)

vivaldi.com/source/
Everything else is just JS you can look at yourself
Look at this fucko. Check the date (or even the headline itself): tech.slashdot.org/story/19/01/23/0048202/google-proposes-changes-to-chromium-browser-that-will-break-content-blocking-extensions-including-various-ad-blockers

Good chromium browser. It performs a lot better than Firefox (personal experience) and I've been using it ever since

vivaldi.com/privacy/vivaldi-end-user-license-agreement/
>you are neither allowed to (a) adapt, alter, translate, embed into any other product or otherwise create derivative works of, or otherwise modify the Software ; (b) separate the component programs of the Software for use on different computers; (c) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software, except as permitted by applicable law; or (d) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notices on the Software or the applicable documentation therein.

I'm using it right now, I fucking love it. Disappointed in the fact that it still uses a shitload of ram like chrome, but other than that, a huge improvement

Attached: screenshot22222.png (1920x1080, 271K)

>There was no announcement
There is now. From the zdnet article
>Google engineers made it official on aGoogle Groups postinghours later, announcing a relaxation of the Manifest V3 changes that would have impacted ad blockers.
Though the article is misleading. They are still planning on putting an upper limit on blocklists, just that it won't be 30k as in the initial proposal

Its weird desu, vivaldi is legit just boneless chrome.

it's better than the other browsers but it's still shit, also no bitmap fonts

EULAs apply for the packaged product, if you're compiling directly from source then only the BSD license inherited from chromium applies

Its vertical tabs are nice, especially with the ability to combine tabs into stacks (and then open them in a tiled view if you want). Most of the benefits of FF's Tree Style Tabs extension, but way more stable.

>1. This End User License Agreement (“EULA”) governs your use (“You”) of the browser software in executable form (“Software”) and any ancillary services (“Services”) provided to You by Vivaldi Technology AS (“Vivaldi”) to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
Once you compile the browser, it's in executable form. Show me where it says this EULA doesn't apply if you download the source code and do anything with it.

If you read it carefully even the EULA itself notes that the source code is covered by a different contract
>Source code used in the Software, under open source license agreements

For all I know, that's referring to the open-source code from Chromium, not the proprietary Vivaldi UI.
And you don't use the source code. You use the compiled binary, which is enforced by their EULA.
Maybe the dev himself saying the browser is proprietary will stop you from spreading misinformation: old.reddit.com/r/vivaldibrowser/comments/54kzpc/psa_vivaldi_is_not_open_source_most_of_you/d836sgb/

>Disappointed in the fact that it still uses a shitload of ram like chrome
It is chrome with some OG Opera jizz toppings, why/how should it be more memory efficient?

>For all I know, that's referring to the open-source code from Chromium, not the proprietary Vivaldi UI.
Ok let's agree with that, the EULA doesn't apply to whatever edits they did to the chromium source code in Vivaldi since that is under an open source license.
>You use the compiled binary, which is enforced by their EULA.
I don't see how they could enforce this on something you built from source, unless their EULA magically pops up whenever you try to make compile.

I expected anything to be more ram efficient than chrome

I don't

Uhhh, so why are we arguing? The browser is proprietary (even if built on top of open-source), just like I said in guess that's what happens when you don't use GPL

Just pointing out that it _doesn't_ include the EULA, source-wise.
Viewing the source code atm, you can compile it yourself, the only license they mention is BSD.
The binary which shoves the EULA to your face before you install it is definitely proprietary though.

Attached: vivaldi-source_2.1.1337.tar source readme license.png (1005x679, 96K)

I use Firefox/Chrome/Vivaldi simultaneously daily. Vivaldi is not polish when it comes to UX. There are some mouse issues and just a bunch of very small weird UI bugs. UX is the most important part since everyone can do the basic web browser aspect now. I still prefer Firefox and Chrome.

Is it better than Opera 59?

This desu. Just use surf or icecat.

Opera went off the deep end when they got acquired by Chinese investors.
Looks like they're trying to get back in the game by having a browser UI overhaul, but Vivaldi is pretty far ahead now when it comes to customizability.

It's not the old opera, but at least it's trying to be the old opera, unlike all the other browsers.

it's the browser that I always wanted

finally could switch from the clusterfuck that is firefox, thank god

The moment a browser doesnt support my fav ad blocker, to the trash it goes.

So it is basically non-chink Opera?

botnet

Votnet.

Attached: 1543060378539.png (1200x1500, 207K)

There seems to be some security/privacy concerns with Vivaldi.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html

Which is unfortunate because I quite like some of the features.

Just another chromium re-skin. Absolutely pointless. After Opera was killed I had some hopes that this would try to bring it back under a different name, but it turned out to be a whole lot of nothing.

>Just another chromium re-skin. Absolutely pointless
It's non-chink re-skin and this is important

for some people

That split screen like funcion was kinda nice

I like it. Was really useful when I needed a lighter version of chrome for my craptop. I've since switched to Brave, but I keep it installed.

Aight im switching, Tree Style Tabs was the online thing retaining me

>switched to Brave

best RAM MANAGEMENT EVER
cant hit 300mb usage on my machine with shitton tabs

>Disappointed in the fact that it still uses a shitload of ram like chrome
the fuck????
vivaldi cant hit 300mb ram usage even after shitton tabs ?????????????

>switched to Brave

>switched to brave

oh dear

>switched to brave

It's the best modern, full-fledged browser available. However, it's proprietary so I don't use it.

Attached: 1545282807163.jpg (577x474, 73K)

>switched to brave
the absolute state

fuck chromium

It's the best browser now.