Nootropics

Anybody take nootropics that helps concentrate while programming? Adderall and the occasional Caffeine+L-Theanine helps me through a long project.

Attached: nootropics_redpills.jpg (1725x1800, 759K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erdős
youtube.com/watch?v=I1uoc8ZN0m4
mdpi.com/2079-3200/6/1/1/pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK305230/
psycnet.apa.org/record/2014-40798-001
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S019188699700175X
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I use meth.

>take drugs to make me super le smart meme
>still not smart enough to get a desk that wont lead to early onset RSI

Tap water and good sleep.
I make up the time slept with being able to focus more.

Anything else, even coffee will hurt your performance long term.

How is that working out for you?
Straight edge?

Having struggles with anti-depressants at the moment. Nothing gets done, barely leave my bed.
Is nootropics a really stupid idea in this situation?
I just want to enjoy doing stuff again bruhs.

Attached: 1422735253510.png (1920x1080, 103K)

Did not know Flouride and Estrogen are a cognitive enhancer. Yes I get good sleep as well.

You should all realize that this drug use makes you stupider everytime you use them. The short term gains aren't worth the double digit IQ point drops long term you'll suffer.

If you're TRULY after better cognitive/temporal performance and higher mental endurance then only the following things will help you achieve that:
>daily cardio
>7-8 hours of steady sleep every day
>cut off all drugs from your life including caffeine
>lose weight and become physically fit
>read books and learn new spoken/written languages

If you don't give a shit about any of this then just go straight to cocaine so your heart can violently detonate like a stick of dynamite.

What anti-depressants are you taking? I'm taking zoloft, but not for depression(panic attacks instead). I just do the coffee butter-mct oil combo, either way it gives me the shits. Hang in there bud, get some exercise even if its just walking to the grocery store.

I didn't fall for the drugs meme so no.

Sugar is a drug, so is your water. nice try!

DNRIs, NRIs, MAOIs

this
also cocaine is so awesome

It's okay. I code for three days straight no sleep.

>double digit IQ point drops
Sounds like your IQ is already in the single digits then

Have you asked your physician about Trans-cranial magnetic stimulation?

Yes, it's a very bad idea. If you're already struggling with depression, taking nootropics could really fuck with you. People *without* depression that take too much Aderall(or other stimulants) can have depressive side-effects, and heavy abuse can lead to permanent dopamine down-regulation (chemically-induced depression).

been there, once you start hallucinating go to sleep.

I agree somewhat. This should be the base of everyone's routine - if you're not already taking care of your health, then figure it out.
But after that, I think that taking nootropics is fine. It's something you can use to take yourself to the next level.
Whether it's harmful or not really depends on the substance. Something like caffeine, modafinil, or an adaptogenic herb? Probably not. Adderall? Horrible for you.

Yeh I figured it might make me really focused and productive at being sad and self-destructive.
Gonna keep trying the exercise pill then, thanks lads.

I use caffeine, nicotine, and methylphenidate (prescribed fbi plz no bulli)

Attached: 1550092403295.gif (607x609, 754K)

I don't know what's with funny clown frog but it makes me laugh every time.

Don't listen to this faggot , he's clearly never been in your situation. Depression is caused by a physical problem in your brain, plain and simple, and if the problem is severe enough then exercise alone isn't gonna have even remotely enough impact to fix anything. You need drug intervention, just something different than regular SRIs if that's not helping currently.

anyone who relies on drugs to do anything is a loser.

ADHD and I probably have more focus than you Adderall junkies.

Honestly it's all about sleep, nutrition, and exercise. Anything I take is just a poor substitute for that. The stuff I still use is basically nutrition if i'm not eating right....

(Nutrition)
Creatine (Literally the best and my favorite)
Fish oil
Uridine mono-phosphate (Occasionally)
Multi-vitamin (Occasionally)

If I'm tired L-theanine and Caffeine, but I try to avoid it.

The other stuff isn't worth it long term. Most people don't even test themselves in any manner to see if there is any actual effect to the noots they are taking.

>ADHD and I probably have more focus than you Adderall junkies.
Then you by definition aren't ADHD, just an idiot.

Why would anybody think you don't have a legitimate prescription for that

Use HTP-5 and L-Theanine in the morning.

Do you FEEEL like they help you through a long project, or have you tested this?

You know Adderall has been proven to cause negative effects long term if you use it...right?

What was your methodology?

The best nootropic I've used, after experimenting with dozens, is Lion's Mane.
The effects are pretty subtle - some immediate mental clarity. But as you continue to use it over time, you realize your brain is gaining neuroplasticity, you're more easily recalling ideas & combining them, and the things you've been learning are assimilated more quickly.

You know the down side to neuroplasticity...

This is the general idea...
"Once things are learned it is often more effective to strengthen the existing connections than to create more connections. The excess connections will just add unnecessary complexity to the neural pathways causing more lag time and therefore less efficient processing."

Shut the fuck up and die you stupid fucking boomer cuck

wow much rage

Please provide credible references to academic reports indicating what these “tests” are and that there is a difference between these “test” outcomes that makes how a patient feels irrelevant.

I suppose, but in practice that hasn't really been my experience. I'm just getting smarter.
If this is the case, I still think that the ability to constantly learn new things is worth it. When I look at how stuck in their ways old people are, it can be depressing.

Some of my best coding was done directly after multi hour hardcore intense exercise (And a hot shower).

Fuck drugs, its hard work but man its rewarding.

This.

I used to take this before it got pricey from the clinical studies they did.

Attached: manlet_Pills.png (735x1000, 190K)

Why are threads like these always so full of pseudoscience and worthless anecdotes that can just as easily be explained by placebo?

You can look up the studies for yourself. I am under the assumption that we're here for entertainment and no one has the time nor will to write out an entire scientific article with references.

I'm convinced that depression starts with a lifestyle and compounds into a way of life, and that by forcing a lifestyle change you will change your way of life and get out of the slump.

So user:
* stop browsing Jow Forums
* join local community gardening and talk about fucking anything with anyone.
* make some friends, go camping and hiking with them
* improve your self-esteem by lifting 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), keep a log of sets, reps, and weights for each day you do because it will give you a clearer sense of progress to compare the you of yesterday against, and short-term goals to set in each session.
* count your blessings

Let me drop some white pills to kick you off:
* nothing is impossible. the only thing between you and your goal is dedication and time
* human purpose is defined by legacy, so make something you can look back on when you're on your death bed and be proud of
* pic rel

Money on drugs is money wasted, you'll end up stuck taking meds just to get through the day, why do that when you could live life instead? Don't go gentle user, go fucking ballistic. This is your life, live it for you.

Attached: do.jpg (500x484, 26K)

bro science is the best science. not every biological specimen is the same. Most people here have some sort of disorder and we supplement with it prescription or over the counter drugs. Everybody reacts to drugs differently

and you aren't?

yikes
your post makes me start taking pills

Do you kiss your mother with that dirty mouth or just suck dick?

It's cheesy yes, but it works. A hell of a lot better than pills ime

- Don't take shady nootropics from russia/china
- If you're fat, lose weight
- Get a lot of sleep
- Do a mixture of aerobic exercise and resistance training without overdoing it
- Get in the 'never give up' mindset

Here's a stack I used to take in the morning:
L-theanine 100mg
ColdBrew Coffee with butter-mct oil
Sulbutamine
Nicotine(vaped,gum,or patch preferably)
CBD 4:1 ratio
B12 (methylcobalamin)
L-carnatine

>here goyim take these pills so you can make me more money

Attached: excitekike.jpg (527x588, 133K)

By calling other productive persons losers, you are the loser, yourself.

How about you give your shitty lecture to someone like based promoter of amphetamines paul erdos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erdős

Besides Amphetamines, I found Modafinil and ECA stacks are great stimulants. You can buy Modafinil at sketchy online pharmacies from India with crypto. At worst, if you live in the US, you'll have your package seized, but you won't go to jail. You can get Ephedrine in any local US pharmacy. Just ask for "bronkaid." You are limited to 48 capsules a month. So you have to save them up or get others to buy them for you.

Buying herbal, vitamin, and mineral supplements can be a hit or miss. It's usually only beneficial if you are eating a shit diet. However, most people are not getting enough vitamin D3. I supplement 3000 UI of D3 everyday. youtube.com/watch?v=I1uoc8ZN0m4

Fuck off with your fear mongering and just lift and eat your veggies bullshit. I weightlift, and eat a high protein, low fat vegan diet, and find only minor benefits to it. Stimulants are much better. As long as you don't overdose on stimulants and take a week off every 3-6 weeks, you will be fine.

>cardio
>lose weight
>read
This is woman's-magazine-tier advice

Stop regurgitating stuff you read on Facebook you fucking neanderthal. I bet you think fapping is destroying young adults and you're an anti-vaxer too, huh?

Attached: 1536352232648.jpg (1024x687, 139K)

>gotta take my happy pills haha :)
sorry, I don't have this problem

>yes goy take this meds so I can suck every drop of energy and life you have to make me rich

i did this ~7 years ago when i was in college. now as a senior dev if i needed nootropics to help me get work done i should be fucking fired. frankly if you need this shit and consider yourself a competent developer you should be embarrassed

underrated

Can't be too proud to use things that will benefit you. You're going to get older, and when new bloods come in, they are going to own shit.

Coffee everyday, Adderall in moderation every once in awhile to cram

Attached: 42e.gif (480x270, 1.83M)

no they won't. new developers are always shit.

Omega 3, l-theanine, gingko biloba+bacopa monnieri extract, magnesium b6, caffeine 100mg.
And yes it works like a charms, my ADHD is completely gone

did you remember to take your ALPHA BRAIN

>muh Limitless pill
grow up. you are not a college freshmen anymore.

I never understood this meme

You'll see.

I tried what is supposed to be the baseline shit for choline with Alpha-GPC and it just made me feel really fucking weird and way too wired to be able to even concentrate. In fact I had to go back home from school and sleep it off. Never tried anything else since then. I wanted to also try other things like aniracetram or some of the other racetrams but my expierance wigh alpha-gpc put me off trying anything else other than l-theanine which didn’t seem to do anything at all for me.

How do you find the Zoloft? I have anxiety and panic related issues as well (also OCD) and was prescribed it but was always too scared to take it.

L-theanine is not a meme placebo it actually works. you just have to be introspective enough to recognize its benefits.
for example, I get much more engrossed in a book's setting after taking 400mg L theanine, as if I'm living there as an invisible observer.
not sure if it helps for programming though

If you insist.

I am responding under the assumption that you aren't confounding "FEEEL" as in self report for emotional state.
That would be different than cognitive/memory enhancement, but mood enhancement. Depending on this the rest of
the post may be irrelevant.

Can you demonstrate that your perception is free from the many known cognitive biases?
Simple if you really want to know if something works you should measure it. other wise MUH FEELS.

If you are not convinced do your own research into psychological/psychiatric methodology 101.
For starters there are variety of effects that can skew results such as the placebo effect, nocebo, various types of cognitive bias, and methods to deal with it
(for example Solomon 4 group). KhanAcademy has a nice section in the MCAT Psychology section that covers some common thinking flaws that also relate. (Honestly not going to cover placebo type problems.)

Since nootropics encompasses a variety of domains and effects, there are a shit ton
of possible tests. If you are taking fault to a generalization, some self-report...FEEELING tests will work, others will not.

Being more specific to your request...
As for studies, here...example:

mdpi.com/2079-3200/6/1/1/pdf
In this case feeling... as self report rather than compared to say emotional state.
You can look into which seem valid, and which not. (assuming i'm not wasting time on you)

(tests used in conjunction with disability, but some also used elsewhere)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK305230/
(Reliability, and validity, different measures do not measure same aspect of cognitive flexibility)
psycnet.apa.org/record/2014-40798-001
....Individual response spread in self-report scales: personality correlations and consequences
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S019188699700175X

Maybe because you are healthy.
Nootropics may only works well with certain people and certain condition.

ADHD be like cant even focus for 5 minutes for anything, and my mind is incredibly active.
I focus on a lot of trivial things some of that could also trigger my OCD and false anxiety kicks in, I become extremely tired and cant even do anything.
L-theanine + caffeine has great effect on me. Helps me calm down and relax.
After a while I can finally work.

nicotine is literally the most reliable and safe noot you can try, other than unrefined coca.

Well I do also have OCD and an anxiety disorder. In fact the alpha-gpc triggered a mild panic attack. From what I read after you need to also be taking a racetram at the same time as a choline source, due to the racetrams depleting choline (or something along those lines), and the choline source such as alpha-gpc helping to replace the depleted choline. Ultimately though I decided I’d rather not fuck with my brain chemistry too much becuase I’m already quite fucked.

ADHD doesn't exist, people just have so much stimulation they have no focus left for things that matter.
That being said, Vyvanse is amazing.

When I was in college I used Selegiline to study for and take tests. It's a stimulant that improves memory capacity and recall. Would not recommend everyday use but used infrequently it gave me a boost when I needed it.

Attached: nurse.jpg (443x376, 101K)

cardio (aerobic exercise) and lose weight he is objectively right about though.
exercise improves literally all physical and mental functions of your body, it is the best medicine for 99% of things and improves upon already good or decent health.

Tried modafanil a couple times. did quite literally nothing for me.
They recommend to take half a tablet first time to see what its like but i went with the whole one as im 6'3" and 100kg of largely muscle (plus have a scientifically tested 33% higher base metabolism than average and thats per kg of weight not because im large), figured with all that i'd probably need the full dose. It did nothing so i figured id try out 2 tablets at once (the daily recommended max), still did not feel a thing, so i decided it just wasn't for me and let my sisters have the rest i bought (it works for them).
kinda disappointing desu.

thats because "lifting" doesnt do the same thing as aerobic exercise, it improves health in other ways sure, but not as many or to as high a degree. If you added even just 1 or 2 days a week where you jogged for 30mins you would start feeling even better. Plus i can only assume that the nootropics would still work even from a better "base" so its not like you cant still do them.

if modafinil didnt do anything, try armodafinil, its stronger

anime is my only drug

do you need a prescription?

actually i think the second time was that, i bought a pack that came with some modafanil and some armodafanil, hmm, i cant quite remember now. maybe ill see if they have any left and ill try one of those, they do say third times the charm.

just bought it off an online site , afanilexpress, i think USA you will just not get the package and wont get in trouble, other countires not sure about, but im an ausfag and got it no problems and my sister has gotten a package before from them so 2/2 succes

>Phenylpiracetam
I basically picked this at random and have been taking 100mg in the morning for 16 days now.
I don't know how to best convey the effects other than "I went from being a tired and emotionally drained mess to being a robot".
That is to say I don't know if I'd recommend it if you're not already in a bad personal situation, however it hasen't had any negative effects for me in this short trial.
I'm curious to see how I feel when/if I stop taking them but I'm pleased for now.
It's the strangest drug I've experimented with because it really doesn't seem to have a noticeable impact on me, like it's more reductive than additive. Taking my focus away from bad shit instead of making me feel good/stimulated.

Looking it up it was made to alleviate stress for people in space and that more or less fits my lifestyle right now.
>spend all day at home isolated at my desk
>no sunlight
>only speak with coworkers once a month for a half hour

Attached: file.png (768x273, 12K)

>The short term gains aren't worth the double digit IQ point drops long term you'll suffer.
I cannot disagree hard enough. If I manage to make it to old age, I hope to god I'm mentally devoid by then. I would much much much rather burn twice as bright for half as long.

All of you are HOMOS
lmao at your lives if you are not taking prl853
that is all.

I think what a lot of people fail to realize is not that drugs are bad for you but WHY. Literally ANY actual nootropic like amphetamines will actually do the exact opposite over time as cumulative brain damage piles up and the user is unable to function normally without using drugs. Good nights rest, exercise, healthy diet is honestly as good as it gets in regard to mental performance.

Fact is every kind of drug is bad for you in one way or another. They don't even have to be illegal to harm you, things like sleeping tablets and caffeine have not only harmed people but literally killed them as well. Don't even get me started on prescription pain medication.

Anyway my take on all this is to just avoid drugs in general, you'll be miserable and stressed without them but at least you won't have permanent irreversible brain damage.

>lose weight

not everyone on this board is a fat retard

nice normie-tier advice though

Attached: 234234.png (500x663, 29K)

If I need drugs to concentrate on something it isn't worth concentrating on.

*unzips pants*

god you're such a faggot

>Tap water
LUL

>cut all drugs from your routine
>exercise, which produces endocannabinoids

Attached: wu2e8qQ_d.jpg (640x480, 15K)

Increase baseline dopamine levels. AKA, stop masturbating and dicking around online. It's easier said than done. I would know haha.

Well if you follow his advice it isn't easy, cardio is bullshit.

Just lift weights.

I agree in part, however I reject the puritan notions of abstaining from chemical intervention via drugs.
I extend my natural control to break previous bounds, to include my physical brain and the chemical balances within it via external assistance.

I see taking a chemical substance as no different than most things people find acceptable. Such as exercise, eating food, and taking vitamins. They are all agents of chemical change. It is just that one is more direct than the other.

I feel regret for listening to others and trying to remain pure for so long. Snuffing my true potential at the cost of what feels like spiritual vanity above all else.

To me, an investment in the understanding of the physical body and experimentation with drugs is not a waste and potentially something that should be more commonplace.

The moral quandary I retained for a long time was that of a short cut. "is this cheating", "are the means more important than the ends", etc.

Ultimately I realized that life is not a contest and I do not need to seek the arbitrary approval of anyone. The work I do impacts a large amount of people, and exceeding my natural potential not only benefits me, but them as well.

I have spent a lifetime becoming the best I could be naturally, and now I go beyond that.

>all these angry incels getting mad over good advice
wew

Attached: g.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Not enough good drug then, there are a loy of shit drug too. What a double-edge blade

>anyone who relies on drugs to do anything is a loser.
Why do you feel the need to be cruel to those with medical dependencies or act like you're better just because you don't need them? Do you feel the same way about physically stunted folk? Are people with wheelchairs losers just because they need something you don't?

based and LSD pilled

i dont need drugs to get a brain blast
for some reason when im sleep deprived my brain goes faster when i focus on specific things
i guess its sort of like temporary autism except i already have normal autism
when im sleep deprived and focus on something, it has all of my attention
so even though my brain runs at say 75% capacity when im sleep deprived, 90% of that is used for what im focusing on and the other 10% for body functions and general situational awareness
whereas when im not sleep deprived by brain is running at 100% capacity but its divided into many tasks
so sleep deprivation gives me a net gain to mental tasks like programming
i think it has something to do with something something survival under stressful conditions

Those notions aren't puritan but a logical consequence of a stoic life. You're relying on external sources to act on your own will (admittedly starting off with your will) and then gaining a reliance on them that removes from you the freedom you might have once had over yourself. It's a hypocritical act.

Drug addicts use the same reasoning you're using about how "its just like food" and "we're just slaves to our brain chemistry". You're trying to rationalize what you know is shit, in the same way a slave utilizes slave morality to justify their weakness. If you want to live the life of a slave then go right ahead; but don't pretend that sniffing coke isn't snuffing your potential, because it is. Not a single druggie in history has accomplished anything noteworthy besides dying alone.

You're not exceeding anything, you're just crippling yourself. You hypocrite.