2020 - 1

>2020 - 1
>OLED still has burn in issues
>mLED nowhere to be seen
>Best affordable thing on the market is still IPS which has zero contrast so even though the colors are accurate, the contrast makes everything looks dull as fuck

Where did everything go so wrong?

Attached: 1545685671420.jpg (600x600, 39K)

>IPS
>zero contrast
i see you've never had to stare at a TN panel for hours every day

I have a TN panel next to it, the contrast is about the same, which is absolutely shit compared to a CRT.

IPS panels with true HDR (true 10bit, selective backlight, etc) shit on TN any day though
IPS is still shit though, don't get me wrong, but saying they have no contrast means you just can't afford a good one

I mean, I have a low tier 15" consumer CRT monitor and it still beats the shit out of the IPS panel.
>just throw more money at it
That won't fix the technology of the display

dumbass, just crank up the contrast in games and movies and you'll get your perfect visuals
my normal setting is brightness 32 and contrast 45, in games and movies I increase that to 75. Everything looks much more vibrant then.

IPS is god tier compared to TN and VA
mLED will save us, until then, IPS is king
only braindead idiotens will disagree.

Pumping up the contrast on LCD screens fuck the colors hard and the white crushes everything.

Look at this garbage TN shit I saw on my brother's TN panel, top is my old Ultrasharp IPS
GARBAGE LITERAL MONKEY SHIT

Attached: ips1t.jpg (1152x3552, 1.21M)

No it doesn't, past 75 it gets real worse but 75 is peak performance with my Dell. Swear to god mate, no meme here. Colors look gorgeous.

I can only go up to 60 or 65.
Check black and white images like manga panels to notice it.

Stop buying $50 IPS panels. Either that or get your eyes checked

Are you implying that your IPS panel is superior to my IPS panle? I thought this was the technology borad, not the mindless blind consumerist board.

Thanks for letting me know that talking to you would be a waste of time

IPS do not typically have better contrast than TN.
Most are 1000:1, just like TN.

>No counter argument
Thanks for showing everyone your low IQ and sore loser butt

Modern, high quality TN and VA panels have colors that are not far off from IPS
Neither have god awful back light bleed and glow like IPS.
All IPS has is viewing angles.

Stop dumpster diving for IPS panels poorfag. Then you can see a good one is better than any shitty TN.
Backlight and bleed are always extremely overblown by everyone here. Fuck off

Attached: 1547495473773.jpg (428x424, 20K)

Why are you still replying if I wasn't "worth your time"? are you perhaps, seething?
>poorfag
Is this really your only argument? that my IPS panel is somehow low tier compared to this hypothetical superior IPS panel of yours?

Attached: 1423347072239.jpg (120x117, 3K)

doesn't matter, TN looks like ass.
get raped asshole
look at pic related, a top tier TN panel
notice how the shadows on the little hill in the foreground are much less pronounced in the TN panel? How the greens aren't as vibrant and how everything looks washed out. You cannot match an IPS panel whereas IPS panels are getting better every few years, you couldn't have

Attached: 1550349592724.jpg (1236x589, 152K)

It's all so tiresome man
I've fucking used TN panels and they're serviceable at best but the colors are such garbage it's laughable. And dark scenes in movies look like SHIT unless you crank up everything and then the white crushes everything, it's a fail either way.

>poorfag
>Fuck off
Jow Forums - Technology

I just want to keep you company on a Saturday night while I wait for my Uber. Retards don't leave their caretakers home that often.

Sounds more like you completely butt devastated after get BTFO twice.

says the nigger who thinks TN is even worth considering. Enjoy your subpar visuals you half blind moron.

>look mom I can say the N word xD
Kill yourself and fuck off, newfag.

That's funny because I too have tested an IPS and a TN panel and guess which one looks better with higher contrast?

Attached: 1550339457959.jpg (4058x5089, 3.92M)

>tfw comfy VA

See

See
And then go back to

the word nigger is very versatile, it can be used in a variety of situations. It's not just a slur against blacks
for instance, your friend forgets to do something you asked him to do and you call him a total nigger, it just fits. You can't use other racial slurs like shitskin or gook the same way.

Fuck off underage

Come on TN fags, hit me with all you got. So I gotta buy a premium TN panel to get better colors, almost IPS tier colors? What's the sodding point then
fucking lol at you useless sons of whores.

this is my favorite post on 4channel, upboated
nigger

How does it feel getting btfo?

>le N word xDD

IPS panels don't have better contrast than TN ones.

Colour depth has nothing to do with contrast and you can count the number of IPS displays with full-array local dimming on one hand. In fact, I believe that only ones that exist are those stupidly-expensive 4K 144Hz GoySync monitors from last year (which can't even do 4K 144Hz without chroma subsampling). High end FALD TVs use VA panels.

And FALD itself is only attempting to hide the weakness of the technology. It doesn't change the native contrast of the panel. The very, very best IPS panels on the market still have objectively, significantly worst contrast figures than the very, very worst VA panels on the market. Contrast isn't a subjective measurement.

Attached: contrast ratio.png (1560x2651, 510K)

You tell me :^)

Attached: 1423626879508.jpg (640x448, 138K)

OOF
Someone's triggered.

how come they look better than TN panels then? When I up the contrast on my IPS panels, things don't get washed out and overwhelmed by the white effect.

I'm whiter than you but I don't need to use 12 y/o underage insults to make myself feel better because I have actual arguments to back my shit, unlike you.

yikes!
cringe and bluepilled [spoiler]also a nigger[/spoiler]

Attached: 1550280323464.jpg (680x786, 52K)

>Using spoiler tags on Jow Forums
Way to show everyone how much of an underage newfag you are

Attached: 1487551343942.png (1149x1017, 1.07M)

Projectors and e-ink are the future

eeeew jesus man, I'm a darkie myself. Get off your high horse, words don't mean half as much as the intent behind them does. A literal child can understand that much.

>le 4chin is just for ebin shitposts dood xD
Fuck off back to

Attached: pisses_self.png (128x128, 33K)

15" laptops with 4k OLED screens were shown this year, expect them to be sold by Dell in a quarter or two
Desktop OLED monitors are still a ways off, if you want something larger the next step-ups would be an OLED TV.

>This thread
Why is it so hard to have an actual civil discussion on Jow Forums nowadays?
2016 and Jow Forums were a mistake

I plan on eventually running 2 monitors off my 2070. One of them definitely is going to be 144hz. Would it be wiser to spend the 200 bucks on the high hz tn monitor now, and hope 4k ips panels come down in price.

They won't magically come down in price boyo
get a TN panel if you want, but peak performance is IPS + 144hz so I'd use a 27" 1440p 144hz panel and say fuck you to 4k.

Ok. Im fine with my 4k tv as my monitor for now. I dont have an internet conmection for online play anyway so 60fps for single player games is fine by me. Response times for ips panels is irrelevant right, as long as its around 5ms? No one can actually tell the difference between 1 ms and 5ms

They can tell the difference but it's not essential to entertainment or gaming unless you're a pro gaymur
what really matters is 144hz.

You bought a shitty IPS display.

IPS is not perfect but a genuine IPS display is still miles ahead of TN.

There's no such thing as a "shitty IPS display" a IPS panel is an IPS panel.

>1440p 144hz HDR gsync IPS literally doesn't exist
>a 4k 144hz HDR gsync IPS does
>tfw

Attached: 1510480849015.jpg (455x395, 52K)

please check my comparisons here, contrast is ass on TN

>there's no such thing as "a shitty engine", an engine is an engine

Different DPI you raging mong.

>Retard gives a retarded analogy
Not a big surprise

>ALL IPS PANELS SAME
And you dare call other people retards

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>Hurr just buy le expensive monitor, it looks gud if you threw moneh at itz
You are fucking retard if you think there is a tangible difference between a normal IPS panel and a super mega gayming curved monitor meme.

Attached: you.png (326x253, 21K)

t. never seen a decent IPS monitor

t. brainlet retard who fell for jewish tricks and bought expensive shit that looks no better than a low tier CRT from the 90s

>what is A-MVA

I bought an LG oled 55b7a last year and have been pretty much exclusively gaming on it. I played like 120 hours of dragon quest xi consecutively without any variation in content. It has bright static HUD elements all over. No burn-in. Maybe I'm just lucky?

They have better color reproduction

>sour grapes

you forgot IPS glow
and VA black crush and smearing up the ass

>the retard that made this chart thinks theres such thing as an LED monitor

>buyer's remorse

>mLED will save us, until then, IPS is king
what a weird way of spelling CRT

TN masterrace
>People sitting near you can't see a fuck, built-in privacy filter
>Cheap as dirt
>No burn-in
>Colors are good
>Blacks and black enough

dont forget
>looking at the center of the screen directly causes both of the sides to be discolored due to the absolute shit viewing angle

Modern TNs have OK angles.

the TN i noticed that on is one i bought like 3 years ago

High quality TN panels are better then any moderate ips.

What size?
Under 17" I can't see shit

24 inch

Oh. Ok, maybe