What's this guy's problem?

Why didn't he write his own bootloader?

Attached: 124299-004-225EA56D.jpg (201x300, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yodaiken.com/2018/06/07/torvalds-on-aliasing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you are assuming he could.

He rather wrote something that was still needed, like git.

loot is a stupid name

If he could write the kernel, then there is no reason he didn't understand how a bootloader worked.
Bootloader was needed when he first wrote linux, so why didn't he write one then?

what's wrong with grub

Attached: question 2.jpg (907x778, 72K)

hopefully some day we won't even have to boot our systems. you would simply press a button and it would go right back to the original state it was at in one duty cycle, by making everything solid state

I liked lilo better than grub, I'm sure he wrote some kind of bootstrap to load the kernel in the early days.

gnu
Source? I doubt he did.

Initially he used minix to bootstrap linux

Turns out the bootloader is actually the OS. Not the kernel.

Got any info as to why Linus never wrote his own bootloader?
Shut the fuck up, user.

>Bootloader was needed
was it? didn't gnu have one?

Why didn't he write his own word processor?

Why didn't he write his own browser?

Why don't you write your own imageboard

more importantly: why was LILO replaced?

Why don't you suck my dick?

The word you seem to be search for is s2sleep

Why should he need to use gnu shit? All he needed was to write literally 512 bytes. Is Linus that much of a lazy fuck that he can't be assed to write an additional 512 bytes?

Why was your mom replaced?

For me, it's rEFInd

Kind of wish he had. Fucking hate GRUB2.

you wouldn't even have to load the state from ram, every bus will just be saved with solid state. it can only happen if we demodularize.

Do you know how a computer boots user?

well I imagine the computer has to come with Gentoo first, right? in order to get the Linux kernel. then, it uses a probability distrIBUTION to find which distrO to put the kernel on. from then I imagine it queries the WWW for a Windows kernel and just installs from there in the factory.

who gives a fuck if he didn't make LILO or GRUB?
I bet that faggot wishes he'd written a decent multi-threaded init by now though.

Yep, but you forgot the part where you have to shove your head up your ass to read the manual.

Linux has a built in bootloader.

I haven't used GRUB since I switched to uefi and gpt.

>sysv

dude didnt even know minix existed, if he had, he would never have bothered duplicating effort making his own kernel

Why would he?
UEFI is able to load the kernel without any external programs and is literally in every PC today.

Imagine being a big enough twat that you jerk your cock off on twitter saying men should write their own drivers when he didn't even write his own bootloader.

The kernel used to be able to boot without a bootloader on bios systems a while ago. Now a days I think it can only do that on uefi systems.

>this entire thread

Attached: what-if-your-wife-orbits-my-dick.jpg (600x536, 80K)

>What's this guy's problem?
He's old, hair is receding, and bad skin. His arms are tucked tight, forced smile but still a tiny scowl. He's unhappy but trying to hide it, annoyed. Possibly he doesn't like his picture taken, doesn't like the person taking the picture, or the reason its being taken. It could not have anything to do with the shoot, his mind is on something negative and he's putting on a front.

you're wrong, he knew minix existed, since he made certain choices based on it, and minix was used as a host when linux was first being made
the reason he didn't just use/improve minix, was because minix wasn't free at the time

>What's this guy's problem?
He actively refuses to write standards-compliant C because it's inconvenient for him: yodaiken.com/2018/06/07/torvalds-on-aliasing/

This guy is considered one of the best C programmers out there, and this is the retarded shit he is pushing. If this doesn't convince you that C is a hopeless, deprecated language, there is no hope for you.

The entire intention behind the linux dev cycle was to other people to write the kernel for him, so yes

why don't you suck your dick?

Why don't you get dicked, sucker?