Case thread

Case thread

Post your ideal case
Review your current case
All form factors welcome
Discuss cases

Attached: mbx_mkii_003_01.jpg (1355x903, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/2FjG3C/silverstone-case-sstgd08b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

H700 with a mesh mod on top and front.
Currently using a HAF 912 which is absolutely solid, airflow wise. Even got some good cable management going

phanteks p300

Attached: e7wzmsJ.jpg (1960x4032, 469K)

>putting your foot on your case
disrespectful as fuck.

it's just a computer bro lol

My current case: Enthoo Pro M

Its honestly one of the best cases in terms of space and usability, its so good I bought a spare.

ideal case: I used to use a Corsair 600T in white when I custom loop watercooled. I fucking miss that case and now I'm sad that corsair are just starting to pump out trash cases.

RIP Obsidian/Graphite Series era

Attached: 5PQJ7Tm.jpg (3024x4032, 953K)

are there companies that still make beige box PC cases?

Modular case is the best.
>5.25" bays if needed
>enough 3.5" bays for data hording
>3x140 mm front fan
>handles
>reasonable price

Too bad that cases today only came with 2 or 3 HDD bays, and don't even have option for 5.25".

Attached: Mastercase MC500P.png (1000x794, 212K)

>gpu power cable just fucking there
you should have ran that to the right like the mobo power cables

Is there ones for a size of a console pile a mini or a mini itx. I am thinking to build a powerful PC in a small build I can hook up to my TV.

Because glass is for losers

Attached: silverstone_mm01_dustproof_waterproof_pc_case_1[1].jpg (620x620, 32K)

I'd buy that one if it available at my local store.

What you're looking for is an htpc case

My HX750 just shat itself a month ago. Have fun when the warranty doesn't support "normal wear and tear" :^)

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (991x899, 334K)

No you fucking degenerate gather taste

Housefire

NZXT for sure.

Attached: Screenshot_20190216-235446.png (1815x2048, 3.58M)

Does glass have any utility beyond seeing into your computer?

No

Guess I better get an all glass case then

the node 202 is a pretty good option for the price.

other cases: dan a4, ncase m1, sugo sg13

Anyone who spends more money than a fucking rosewill costs is a total dipshit.

I got a Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Its standard case fans, in combination with the standard Noctua NH-D14 cooler I have, are really loud. They're all 3-pin fans.

I intend on upgrading all of them.

Hate me all you want, I wanted to build this as a case. Turns out it's really hard to build a case.
I wanted to make it out of aluminium, but that was apparently impractical, so I got a whole bunch of plywood and spraypainted it. I had a cooling fan down the bottom with an AIO and a blower type GPU, so all the head would be able to be pushed out through the back and the bottom of the whole thing. I added a riser card so the GPU could be laid across the motherboard instead of taking up too much room and I attached an Arduino board up to the motherboard and an RGB led strip.

The arduino board is still half-done, but basically, I built a capacitive button for the power, which could be short pressed and long pressed
It was also controlling the LED strip, which would pulse a green flash from the center of it, out to both edges on power on, it would cycle a few colours and have a few random gentle flashes while idle and on hard drive activity, it would send a light pulse from left to right, which would generate more on further hdd activity. On power off, it would blank out, and send a green pulse from left and right which meet in the middle.
It was going to be fucking sick, but turns out I'd missed a few measurements and was way too obsessed with making it as small as possible.
Lessons I learned:
- Mounting components reliably is tough
- Add more space, you don't need a super small case
- Don't use a riser card for GPUs, they're dodgy and expensive
- Measure everything many many times and try not to make modifications to components, like stripping off metal brackets, it's annoying and untidy.
- NodeMCU feels like a meme, Arduino is more well known, despite how cool a wifi power butto would be.

Attached: sbx.jpg (2211x1080, 466K)

Nice shoes too user

is there a case like this still available?

Attached: lianli pc d-600.jpg (1200x630, 52K)

It's okay. I think my Ncase was better, but I think I'll keep it in here until Zen2 comes out.

Attached: Ghost S1-min.png (2170x1254, 1.17M)

What type.of filthy animal wears shoes in the house? Oooo, probably a ni

TJ11, my ideal case, and I own it (among many other cases)...currently nodding alot of radiators to fit in it, and working on a fairly large and complex waterloop.

Attached: IMG_20190131_122105.jpg (3648x2736, 2.24M)

i don't think so, only on ebay for a ridiculous mark up. the only other case like that that I know of was the pc-d8000 by lian-li. idk why but they seem to make a case only for a little while and then stop production. there was a pc-d600 that sold on ebay not that long ago for 400-500ish?

I switched to an NZXT H500 recently.
Somebody tell NZXT to kill themselves with their SSD mounting. Not everybody has straight connectors on his SATA power and SATA data cables

That sounds more like your mobo oem should've given you more straight connectors. I don't know why mobo partners still provide 90 degree sata. I've had to use it once in an itx build. They should give all straight and make all the 90 degree after market.

Do they still make sideways desktop cases that lay flat under the monitor? I want that, but new.

Because they are actually a relatively small company, and have to set-up custom tooling for case runs, and make most of it by hand and assemble by hand, well they do for their aluminum cases.

These days their quality and design has taken a bit of a dive, and they probably get some parts mass produced out of shittier materials by machines for some of their cheaper case runs (Back in the day there was no such thing as cheap and Lian Li associated together in the same sentence).

HTPCs

fractal node 202

though i don't like it because the intake for the cpu and gpu are both on the bottom in this orientation. it has plastic feet that raise it up a bit but i honestly it's not enough, the temps are substantially better in tower orientation. i would try to mod the case to give it slightly taller feet

Yea, but without that htpc look. Any with multiple front facing trays to put all my boomer tier front panel shit.

Ideal case? I don't know, one that's easy to build on, good thermals and cheap.

Current case? A Sharkoon VG4-W. It's shit. Doesn't look good, can't install more than two case fans (there's holes for a second intake fan but it's blocked by front I/O), it's a fucking mess.

Is it just me or is the H500 loud as fuck? I put it on my desktop because muh window but damn i can’t hear myself thinking

pcpartpicker.com/product/2FjG3C/silverstone-case-sstgd08b

Fortunately I had spare SATA data cables.
But I had to power the SSDs by using a splitter as my Corsair modular PSU has 90° SATA power connectors

Phtanteks P300, 350 and 400 all have terrible intake airflow.

My friend still use his old Haf-912.
He had the Battlefield 3 edition, if he ever plan on getting rid of it i'll take it.
I love to put new pc parts in old cases and see how they hold up!.

Attached: catto on tha cumputa.gif (234x234, 606K)

Whatever case coat 20£ at the moment of buying a new pc

I had ordered that case but kinda glad i canceled.
I like compact cases with beefy components but no dust-filters is a major thumbs down from me desu.

Nice I got P400s here. I kinda regret it though, should've gone with Enthoo Pro M or Fractal Design Define series for muh future upgradeability.

Attached: 2012_macpro-100016448-medium.jpg (300x294, 19K)

this is what happens when you have your pc on your desk and you go into full autism rage mode after losing a game of team fortress 2

That's pretty sexy but probably should have a water loop

both ends are 90 degree?

Core X9. Can't be asked to take a proper image so take stock.
>Absolutely massive
>Great Airflow
>Completely modular, can take out literally every part, and even change the position of front I/O
>Can fit 20+ 3.5" HDDs easily without sacrificing airflow if you build your own frames instead of using the included ones
>Comes with proper dust filters included and installed
>Great to fiddle around in so much space
>Cable management is great and as easy as you can get
>Build quality is amazing actually

Attached: ThermalTake Core X9.jpg (600x580, 94K)

Oh and forgot, if one is not enough space,or you want a massive water cooling solution etc, you can take off the top and bottom and stack them on each other to make an even larger case.

yes you should've, that shit looks retarded because it's just one fucking cable and the rest goes the other way

could just get a pantyhose and hotglue it on the inside of the vent holes

Mine came with 5 (3 and a 2) hard drive bays and two 5.25" bays.
Lovely case to work in and be able to carry down the stairs easily because of the handles for a clean out.
Not too huge looking but has tons of space inside.

Why would you need more than two 5.25" bays?

>can't find ideal case
Eight horizontal PCI slots, two vertical PCI slots, one external drive slot, either good airflow or good noise dampening, I don't even care beyond that point, how hard can it be to manifacture something like this? All the cases with 8+2 PCI slots are these newfangled showoff cases with tempered glass panels, PSU shrouds and 0 (zero) external drive slots.

Attached: 1544872456272.jpg (1200x1000, 165K)

He's right.

fractal design define r6

An updated version of pic related with filters would be the perfection.

Attached: download.jpg (271x186, 8K)

Nice printer, dude.

These cases always make me mad because they're so close to perfect but they always have one or two things off, like a logo or blue status indicator LEDs. I'm really ready for the soft white meme to finally take over, that shit is great.

Node 202. You can fit a full sized pci card. There's also enough space under the gpu area to put a thin fan... Or if you want to get creative, you can do pci bifurcation and out 2 devices in (I have a gpu and a 10gbps nic in mine)

Attached: best-MiniITX-MicroATX-case-ever2.jpg (700x6480, 2.94M)

Genuinely tell me, why do you black out vendor logos sloppily just to post something on Jow Forums?

Node 202 is cpu on top, gpu on bottom

beggin ya to obtain a clue

Not the other two, but those shitty gpu cables is why i vertical mounted my gpu.

I'm don't believe in logos.

I was using a p400 but airflow through the front is atrocious

Went back to my enthoo pro, I'm getting the feeling i need to replace the front fans with better ones for more pressure

There is no Battlefield edition HAF 912.

Attached: FLQMETNJGSG79P2.LARGE.jpg (474x219, 22K)

so much bloat

based

redpilled

queer

oven aesthetics

based but why

Why do cases still have drive bays in 2019? Use externals like the rest of the civilized world.

that mesh on the front looks so bad

I'm planning a G5 mod currently. Aiming for SSI-CEB motherboard support and next to no visible cables/components besides the motherboard and everything on it.

Yeah, we should get rid both 2.5" and pcie altogether.

I bought this the last week.

> No meme windows
> No meme RGB
> No gaymur/cringe design
> x2 5.25 bays

Attached: 81HN270pfNL._SL1500_.jpg (1128x1500, 213K)

wow you're really mature and not at all contrarian

2.5" is already depreciated for me. I went full m.2

500gb nvme for os and 2tb sata for storage. I refuse to use sata cables anymore. And if APU get good enough I'll drop pcie cables as well.

Nah I'm not really autistic about temperature. Besides in my country it usually cost more to buy a computer parts than in USA, so a $80 case would cost $100 here.

We should remove m.2 too.
Why should we have a local storage when we have a cloud computing.

>Why should we have a local storage when we have a cloud computing.
Only poorfags rent

Let's go further than that. Why would you need a powerful local machine when we have cloud computing?

Not the same philosophy for me. Itx apu builds can get this small using 2x m.2 drives rather than sata and no gpu means it can be as small as the cpu cooler height.

I don't gain anything removing m.2

Attached: V5KmzwFh.jpg (768x1024, 181K)

Latency-free gaming

I'm waiting on 10gbe to come standard on itx boards so i can use my nas for all big storage

CORSAIR CRYSTAL 460X RGB W MT ATX

Attached: setup.jpg (4032x3024, 2.85M)

Why would you meme yourself like that

any thoughts on the o11 dynamic?

Great but little to no tower air cooler compatibility. Thermals on it with an AIO are fantastic though with several fans.

Just by removing m.2 and use embedded memory just like phones you could go even smaller.

Pic related is my current, though I'm looking to jump ship when I male a new build for ryzen3.

Has anyone else done the vertical mounted mobo like Silverstone for these cases?

Attached: 09095256677l.jpg (450x320, 21K)

ideal case is having no case incels btfo

Attached: r5 titanium.jpg (453x679, 17K)

Fridge front tho.

My gaming rig
Phenom 9150 CPU
Ge Force GT430 GPU
8gigs ram
External and internal cooling (fan on GPU kinda broke)
Can run Rust on min settings at 25-30fps
Can run Stalker w/ mods, Eve, World of Tanks, etc.
Windows 7 and a couple VMs with Debian run fine on it
Case: Gateway DX4200

Attached: 1550481172-picsay.jpg (1600x1200, 429K)

This the type of shit you get for free

It's for cooler temps, m8!

Attached: tumblr_oo7w1b1nE31t92wp3o1_500.png (500x281, 136K)

It's the best computer I've ever owned