CRTs don't have burn-in

>CRTs don't have burn-in

Attached: crt.png (925x658, 1.04M)

Anyone saying CRTs don't get burn-in isn't old enough to have actually used them.

>said no-one, ever

Said no one ever.

Citation?

this guy must've been playing pac-man A LOT

this shit 30y old
working 24*7

almost like it was taken out of an arcade cabinet...

There is an LCD with burn in at my office. Its a PC that is used maybe 10 minutes per day but the month is kepy onto the company log in page.

if a copyrighted image burns into my monitor and i sell it am i infringing

Degauss it.

What color is your hair and how many plugs do you have in your penis?

That's actually a good question...

Attached: 1548719512370.png (832x718, 729K)

made me think (unironically)

degaussing only demagnitizes the surface of the screen, with burn in thats a physical flaw that happens to the phosphors from being on for too long that they are no longer able to light up as much anymore.

How it looks like?

technically, it's not a question because of the lack of a question mark

This but with illegal hate symbols

burned in windows logos could be a large scale violation of trademark law for people who resell used monitors

so it's more than twice your age, I assume

had many tvs, one of them worked for the better part of 20 years, had no burn in

but that said, everything burns in if you use it long enough, even when micro leds come around, they will burn in from use, and would do much the same as this crt in the same circumstance.

>Said literally no one

>had many tvs, one of them worked for the better part of 20 years, had no burn in
Burn in comes from having an image on screen for extended periods of time. For most people, plasmas would never encounter burn-in even though they were notably worse than LCDs and CRTs.

How the fuck is an LED going to develop burn-in? Does that mean it's always firing even when no power is applied?

tvs/crts/whatever dont 'burn in' from age, you could use it 100 years normal wwatching, never be a problem. Its when theres a static area that is constant and unchanging, for example, a station ID top bottom in a public room thats always tuned to same channel, OPas pacman grid, or airport sign/clock, anything where that area of the screen never refreshes, you'll get burn in. It shouldn't be a problem on domestic TVs/monitors, ever, otherwise, theres literally problems with the display manufacturing process.

over an leds life span they get dimmer
granted its not the same curve as light bulbs have, but they still get dimmer over time, so the more something is used, the less it will show up

look at oled burn in for an example of what im talking about, leds will do the same, but on a FAR lesser and over a longer period of time scale.

never seen CRT burn in person but have seen OLEDs heuhuehue

for the most part my tv im thinking of was from back when I watched nickelodeon and cartoon network nearly the entirety of its on time, or the thousand plus hours I put into some games.

my point being, while crts can burn in, you can't accidently make them burn in like you could with early lcds/plasmas/oleds

I burned into mine a tie fighter on star wars battlefront 1 (on og xbox)

ebin troll mein freund

Attached: ebaum.jpg (1470x1470, 94K)

>over an leds life span they get dimmer
so, the opposite of burn-in

by that logic oleds don't have burn in either.

>by that logic
By what logic? All I said was it's the opposite of burn-in.

this shit 30y old
working 24*7

No, burn in is getting darker too.

Who the hell said that!?

this is why they had screensavers...

why do you think those programs that changed what was displayed on the screen while it was idle were called "screen SAVERS"?

Asking the real questions

Attached: 1492399757652.png (514x672, 162K)

Literally no one has ever said that and why the fuck do you think screensaver were even invented?

What are screensavers

>>CRTs don't have burn-in
nobody ever said that save for zoomers larping as boomers
burn-in is literally why screensavers were a thing

almost pacman