What does Jow Forums think about directx?

what does Jow Forums think about directx?

Attached: dx12-dx11-1.jpg (712x400, 29K)

i dont

install gentoo

Proprietary.

its shit and caused a bunch of games devs to only develop for windows

is vulkan the future?

It's like Open GL/Vulkan, except only run on windows and the versions before DX8 were hell on earth.
It was so bad, i have an initialization code on a picture, but the picture is literally too big to post on Jow Forums.

>i have an initialization code on a picture, but the picture is literally too big to post on Jow Forums.
Split it on parts

gaming peaked with dx9
dx12 is running it into the ground

Okay.

Attached: the simple and elegant initialization of direct3D 5 part 1.jpg (4028x2730, 2.49M)

But it is

Attached: the simple and elegant initialization of direct3D 5 part 2.jpg (4028x2730, 2.64M)

A big guy

Attached: the simple and elegant initialization of direct3D 5 part 3.jpg (4028x2732, 2.32M)

DirectXraycancer
install gentoo

>gaming

Attached: 1515662755438.png (814x806, 31K)

When you grow up, you will learn that adults do play games.
But then you will also learn that nothing of value is lost by moving to linux, as the crushing majority of the good games you can play on a computer run on either dosbox, retroarch or wine.

Linux is just a kernel.

>When you grow up, you will learn that adults do play games.
Manchildren aren't real adults.

Attached: gamer.jpg (640x452, 58K)

Language evolve, sometimes for practical ways (such as naming all the linux distributions linux, due how all of em use the linux kernel), sometimes for absolutely horrid ways (the current retard movement to rename internet to wi-fi).

its about to become obsolete

the new xbox wont use it.

So your dad is a manchildren for playing solitaire?

Oh, so were you talking about Android or ChromeOS?

DX12 is the best graphics API there is right now. Fast, fully featured, innovative, a joy to use. OpenGL is a horribly designed, legacy-plagued mess where about 85% of features are deprecated, and there are 5 different, sub-par ways to do any given task. Vulkan is good but went a bit too far in the opposite direction, and slightly lags behind in some features and driver optimization compared to DX12.

I too am a WINDOWS GAMER!!

I bet you never programmed a thing in your life, let alone used any of these APIs, like 99% of Jow Forums

retard shit

It's funny that despite having the least technical job game devs have the highest sense of self importance. Game devs are all college dropouts who have never written anything of value.

dx12 is literally slower than dx11 you tard.

volken is fuckloads faster than dx11 and even faster than 12.

wtf are you on. Microsoft have even hinted that xbox4 will use volken not Dx because its 100% nvidia..

>adults do play games.

If you're smart about it, you can even get paid to play games.

I've spent the last week playing Anthem at work.

[Citation needed]

have your eyes started bleeding from low fps?

>source: /v/

Not a gamedev and will never be one

You sound like someone who knows about the words ITT because he watches gaming youtube channels

FPS hasn't really been an issue.

>Not a gamedev and will never be one
Pathetic.

As in, i am not a gamedev and will never become one

I heard you the first time, retard.

Gamedevs are the literal slave caste of programmers, they are the pathetic ones

You are pathetic because you won't admit to being one of them.

what is he playing

Video games.

no shit

Attached: 1550000860615.jpg (600x931, 130K)

Im a CS undergrad, i have to use OpenGL because the chair at my university i work for uses it.

Attached: 88154a3afb3bc1b0a111b6cc039b20c2443aecd2afae0b5716c6f7c7eab9aac9.jpg (2048x1536, 637K)

Why ask then?

gamerware == pajeetware

devs dont use it because theyre lazy as fuck

I want to know what game he's playing

Attached: 1532399279663.jpg (500x339, 117K)

Why does it matter? Games are for children.

ugh

Attached: 5H2IQ23NTFHX3KG7XHMZ2ZIBUU.jpg (1400x788, 113K)

So is posting on a Chinese GNU/Linux Dick Measuring Forum, yet here we are.

18+

>He thinks anyone ever followed that rule

Attached: file.png (225x225, 80K)

Underage detected.

What's the point of asking for someone's opinion on something they have only superficial knowledge of?

I don't know what it is. I see a lot of people fail to explain this without going deep into technical jargon.

Every video card has its own set of "commands", so to make a 3D program, you would normally need to write a version of your program for every videocard available on the market.
What DirectX does (Direct3D in this case), is to have an fixed set of commands that get translated into the videocard commands, so you only write the code once and no matter the video card, the code will run.

vulkan better

Attached: dx vs vulkan vs opengl (AMD).png (1280x881, 1.87M)

Microsoft have their xbox platform set in stone now.
The "new xbox" will just be more powerful hardware.

for me? its vulkan

Obsolete non-free locked in garbage that no one should ever use.

For you.

Most every game worth playing is able to run on Linux. Directx is merely the bludgeon microdick uses to force customers to move to the latest piece of shit windows version. Directx could easily run on older windows versions but Microsoft has to withhold it to pressure people into buying shit they neither want nor need.

fpbp

And your mom is just an organic onahole

What does DX 12 perform worse than DX 11 in every game. Are devs not able to utilise it better or is it just not good?

It's epic, or should I say, EPYC.

This, this isnt the 00s where we had to download DirectX runtime libraries anymore.

Unreal engine?
I know it runs like shit on AMD but there are other games too which runs worse than DX 11 on both hardware.

>Not pursuing a serious field like embedded systems instead focusing on making fortnite characters move
Pathetic.

Install Reeefs

Learn to read, retarded loser.

There are some differences but it's not that much different from how it's done today.

The reason I dont post much on /g

Enjoy your ban, Zoomer.

Attached: 1543944964482.webm (720x404, 2.68M)