>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56
1440p
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1548908505949.png (1680x1591, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AOC-G2590FX-Framless-1920x1080-DisplayPort/dp/B07D377Q6D/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=AOC+G2590FX&qid=1550122721&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&th=1
amazon.com/dp/B07NBM6KYH/ref=as_li_ss_tl?th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=hardwunbox-20&linkId=66cfa83235d1c4a07ba37022b9177321&language=en_US
youtube.com/watch?v=R2WP5nLFMk8
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/predator-xb271hu).
pcpartpicker.com/list/HvWHFt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im so sick of trying to find the perfect ips monitor for 1440p gayming. the only one that is close is the PG279QZ but its just OKAY. VA is out of the question due to slow response.

tell me why I shouldn't give up this retardation and just buy two TN monitors?

Why isn't the 2070 recommended anymore? It's like a 2060 without any VRAM issues.

There's no vram issues. Post the benchmarks if it has.

Have you ever owned a high refresh monitor?

>All this 1070Ti vs 2060 posts
>I can't buy a graphics card until I know the outcome
>been like this for a few weeks now
>I can't seem to pull the trigger on either
>Even professional reviewers don't know if the 6GB will last

KILL ME

Attached: 1548370807510.gif (300x168, 285K)

Can anyone confirm if the non-Pro Barracuda is stlil 7200rpm? What does 'multi tier caching' mean?

Attached: 52736429_250218792567937_2432694438804324352_n.jpg (960x556, 70K)

Will I be fine if I purchase another 2x 4Gb DRR4 2666 kit to full up my 4 ram slots without any compatibility issues?
Or should I sell my current 2x 4Gb kit and then buy a 2x8Gb kit? Maybe even at higher clocked l?

I think you were told pretty definitively what to buy last thread.

nope

Attached: bfv.jpg (324x506, 40K)

I dont know for sure but i'd bet it just means there's some DRAM and NAND on it.
It's probably overkill whatever it is since in the end its still a harddrive

Do we seriously need to have the OP change the 2060 section every thread

Then you probably wouldn't have an eye for the performance related deficiencies of high refresh IPS.
If you are just worried about IPS glow or something then yeah get TN since its cheaper

basically i bought one assuming it was 7200rpm. Now I'm worried i'll be stuck with a slow drive. Though I haven't booted my pc yet so if it is in fact shit perhaps i could get a replacement

It should just be removed. The 6GB of VRAM is literally a giant "DON'T BUY ME UNLESS YOU ARE INTO CUcKOLDRY" sign. No one is retarded enough to buy it unironically.

whats the model number?

I'm definitely concerned about IPS glow especially on a high end product. I might just get two of these
>amazon.com/AOC-G2590FX-Framless-1920x1080-DisplayPort/dp/B07D377Q6D/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=AOC+G2590FX&qid=1550122721&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&th=1

and call it a day unless someone can recommend a higher quality TN

amazon.com/dp/B07NBM6KYH/ref=as_li_ss_tl?th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=hardwunbox-20&linkId=66cfa83235d1c4a07ba37022b9177321&language=en_US
This one's pretty good. It's got a new type of TN display that doesnt suck as much at colors and is also 1440p. here's a review youtube.com/watch?v=R2WP5nLFMk8

Will a 2600 bottleneck a 2060/1070Ti?

Actually believing that 6GB of VRAM is a problem (especially at 1080p) is just a giant "I'm so stupid that I love to get fucked in the ass like the dumb whore that I am" sign

Is it okay to buy cards that have been used for mining if it has warranty still

>Tech Jesus art.
Quite the Michelangelo.

Higher clock would be nice.
Ram works faster and better if you stick to dual rather than quad.
So 2x8gb would be better

So I did some proper testing and the contrast is absolute ass on TN panels, I don't know who memed me into saying TN panels have better contrast than IPS but I hope they get touched by big black men and by touch I mean BUGGERED
pic related is from the third Hobbit movie, the gold from Smaug's lair looks fucking orange in TN. Even the reflection of it on that archway doesn't look like gold.

Attached: hobbit TN IPS.jpg (1523x564, 192K)

as long as it works with g-sync!

Another with Trine, it's comical really.

Attached: Trine TN IPS.jpg (1530x570, 417K)

And a final one with Doom

Attached: Doom TN IPS.jpg (1526x551, 300K)

Get the XB271HU, it's got the slimmest bezels and the BLB lottery is less bad here. If you want to see why you shouldn't get TN, refer to my comparisons above.

KG271U. You won’t be disappointed.

I'll see your cherrypicked, out of context cropped screenshot and raise you whole video with in depth analysis proving that 6GB of VRAM isn't a problem at 1440p
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM

Depends of the brand

please stop shilling this overpriced monitor

>it's like a 2060 except twice as expensive
Yeah I wonder why it's not in the OP, retard

No one asked you, poorfag. Go play with your TN panels. Refute my comparisons above or go fuck yourself, I've had enough of the TN memes. He can certainly afford it so there's no reason not to get it

What's the most silent HDD? I was thinking 2.5" 5400RPM

>recommends TN panel when he asks for an IPS monitor
gee

you wanna tell us what TN you used for your comparison?? For all we know you're comparing some TN from 2004 to a IPS from 2018.

That is probably correct

is 411 w/ tax a good price on a 1080? its a triple fan rog strix.

Yeah it's got freesync+LFC which means good gsync compatibility

The TN panel is 24GM79G, released in 2017.
The IPS panel is the U2312HM from 2011.
Don't get me wrong man, TN comes close after calibrations but it's no match for IPS colors and contrast. I've seen that for myself.

I fell for the ips meme and spent $562 (tax included). The BLB isn't that bad and it really does have slim bezels. Pic related is at 100% brighness.
T. Xb271hu owner

Attached: 20190214_215326.jpg (2560x1440, 507K)

Yeah, it's just a bit more expensive than the 2060 while having more vram. Strix are very good too

Yes, these tests are redundant. Pictures taken with black displays aren't the same. Minor BLB is real but not a problem when you're actually using your monitor. Excellent price btw, that thing goes for $670 here.

I've been looking into monitors for over two weeks now and it seems impossible to find a good IPS. The PG279QZ seems okay but ips bleed lottery is real and I don't think something that costs 600 dollars should have such a huge potential imperfection. Same goes for that acer monitor that's always mentioned (which got a bad review:rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/predator-xb271hu). VA would be perfect if the response times weren't garbage.

So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place and I don't understand why this huge industry can't come up with something close to perfect. For CPUs and GPUs its easy. You get what you pay for. Spend 1k on a threadripper and you easily have the best consumer CPU with no drawbacks. Spend 600-1000 on a high end IPS monitor and there are issues no matter what.

See how awful this is? How can you enjoy dark scenes in movies/games with such a noticeable flaw.

left is definitely better for gay men (actual games, not interactive movies) because you can see more.

I can't see the model number in the ebay page, only the item number 232851273320

Never built a pc before, now I want one because fuck editing video on my 5 year old laptop with integrated graphics.

r8 pls no bully, AMD GPU is there for compatibility with macOS. Or should I wait for Radeon VII?
36,786 Pablocoins = $1930

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 8.35.26 PM.png (1920x1962, 1.36M)

Thanks B&H had a sale around black friday. Shipping was free but took almost a whole month to be delivered because of the backorder, but it was worth it.
I don't notice the blb flaw at all in a pitch dark room but then again I use my monitor at 20%. Full brightness hurts my eyes. Pic related is at 0% brightness.

Attached: ptnKWlS.jpg (2560x1440, 494K)

i feel pretty good about having opted for the RX580. Got it cheap with two games I actually wanted, and it should see me through until a GPU emerges that feels like a no compromise upgrade at a reasonable price.
4K can remain a meme for now, and I don't see 1440p as a big upgrade over 1080p

Shit looks oversaturated and I definitely don't have any problems seeing demons in Doom. See
wew like I said, it looks worse in photos. It's not a concern when you're actually using it. See , it's magically gone.

use crystaldiskinfo

>intel
shitty housefire

I'm not going AMD for the processor. Installing Mac on that shit is a pain in the ass.

You can flash a 56 to perform like the 64.
The Vega 64 Is a waste of money.
Also do you intend to put games on the SSD. It's better to get a 256 minimum unless your SSD is solely for OS

should my psu fan be facing up or down?

>You can flash a 56 to perform like the 64
Does that work with Mac?
>The Vega 64 Is a waste of money
So do I just wait for Radeon VII? There are a couple resellers online in my shithole but they're pricing it at about $950 instead of $700, so I'm not buying that right now.

>Also do you intend to put games on the SSD
No, that's what the 2TB HDD is for, the 2.5 SSD is for Windows 10 and the M.2 is for Mac.

With games it's not so big an upgrade. Ultrawide displays have a higher resolution minimum (2560x1080) which is more demanding than 1080p, which is why it's convenient to aim for 2K performance in those situations. Otherwise it's not that much of a big deal.

>>You can flash a 56 to perform like the 64
>Does that work with Mac?
Don't know. Why the hell are you using Mac in the first place?
>>The Vega 64 Is a waste of money
>So do I just wait for Radeon VII? ,
If it's a good price yeah but I'm sure you'll find a cheaper Vega 56. Also what's wrong with Nvidia?
>>Also do you intend to put games on the SSD
>No, that's what the 2TB HDD is for, the 2.5 SSD is for Windows 10 and the M.2 is for Mac.
Some games loading time can be cut from a minute or half all the way down to a few seconds. It's considerable with certain games with long load times or frequent loading screens.

Ignore that 'bad review', it's good for use. Rtings is always harsh, you can go to your local computer store and then get it tested right there, if it's shit you can get it replaced immediately. It's what I will do when I get my Acer one next week. Dealing with potential issues at the onset vs living with trash visuals for life, it's an easy choice.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I already have an 2x8Gb kit in dual channel. I am looking to upgrade up to 16Gb and trying to get my head around any issues to do with running two different 2x kits for 4x4gb dual channel memory.

Can I change my optical drive drive letter without it being an issue???? Thank s

Attached: 1493923688258.png (354x286, 29K)

>Why the hell are you using Mac in the first place?
Video editing and audio production.
>Also what's wrong with Nvidia?
No support from Applel. Editing comes first and gaming second, I would basically waste my money and be stuck with integrated graphics unless I booted into Windows.
>Some games loading time can be cut from a minute or half all the way down to a few seconds
I do want to be able to play games smoothly but like I was saying it's not an absolute priority. Also I don't mind waiting.

If you already got 2xigb just use that.
And sell your 4gbs. There is no benefit to it. Only cons.

Yes
Good luck. I don't have the knowledge to help you sorry.

Yes, you just format it and choose a letter iirc

i just installe the new hard drive and want the hard drive to have the letter D: but the optical drive have that so i wanted to change optical drive to E:

Nothing wrong with the 1060. I have one in my other rig and a 1080 ti in my main rig and there isn't really a difference for 1080p gaming

Depends on set up. The fan pulls in and exhausts out the back.

Hackintosh has a cool thing (well, actually its bootloader, Clover) where you can test out a VBIOS, so if it doesn't work, you just gotta restart the PC.

it's currently facing up pulling in hot air from the gpu but the alternative is to have the psu fan choked against the case

Thanks, if I had the money I would absolutely buy a Vega 64 + 2080 Ti, each for its respective OS (if it's even possible to get that working), but for now I just gotta figure out the sweet spot between Hackintosh and Gayming PC.

>where you can test out a VBIOS
I actually don't know what this is or means, care to enlighten me?

Since he told you you could flash a Vega 56 so it could become a Vega 64, you need to flash a VBIOS for that. Clover has an option that lets you load that VBIOS without using a program to flash it and having to flash back whatever if it doesn't work.

I used it for instance to fake a different model of the same card (a 280X) which was giving me compatibility issues, without having the need to flash it so Windows could still enjoy the normal card. I could also do some testing with different modded VBIOS. Problem with macOS: It doesn't have that many tools for stress testing.

Besides if you're going to buy a GPU for hackintosh alone, don't go that far. Games on hackintosh run like absolute ass even on high end GPUs, you'd be wasting some mad money. I would even argue your iGPU is good enough for it.

are there any good keyboard and mouse options that actually look like they were designed for adults? Preferably not ridiculously expensive either

cut a hole in the bottom for it to pull air in through

sheesh just buy Nvidia. why bother with all this tinkering crap

You're shit out of luck, they don't usually design much for manchildren pretending to be adults.

>Besides if you're going to buy a GPU for hackintosh alone, don't go that far. Games on hackintosh run like absolute ass even on high end GPUs
No I just want to render video super fucking fast.
And what do you mean by "Games on hackintosh"? You thought I was trying to play vidya on Mac? I'm going to dual boot.

My goal here was to build something that
>is 500 or less
>is small enough to mail or pack easily
>can play modern-ish games
By that last point, I mean it isn't a deal breaker if I couldn't run the F1 2018 at 60+ fps, etc.

pcpartpicker.com/list/HvWHFt

Am I close?

>I'll see your cherrypicked, out of context cropped screenshot and raise you whole video with in depth analysis proving that 6GB of VRAM isn't a problem at 1440p
It's what AMD fags always do.

>No I just want to render video super fucking fast.
Generally Windows is still faster when comparing the same software being used. Not much of a reason unless you stick to a macOS exclusive like FCPX.

>Generally Windows is still faster when comparing the same software being used
Except when the software isn't available for Winblows.
>FCPX
Yep, that is exactly what I use.

Attached: bodoque1-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 123K)

PSUs can handle a lot of heat. some second hand GPU air isn't going to kill it.
The PS3 slim and PS4 airflow design vents the entirety of the 200watt CPU+GPU's heat into the PSU and the PS3's main heat related failure is the GPU solder balls melting, not even the PSU.

You can achieve that effect with a ICC profile and some settings, maybe adding "digital vibrance" for saturation.

Is this a decent OC for a 1080ti? Do the number look right or did I do it wrong?

Derp

Attached: 61E8FCE1-F338-4F7A-82B8-3BEFB58B5E76.jpg (2000x800, 655K)

Whoa. 139MHz might be the fastest anyone has ever got a GPU to go.

eh the APU will limit you quickly. try seeing if you could go rx570 instead with a different cpu

I meant the OC numbers m8. I just finished a testing session of 3hrs of Hunt:Showdown (gpu sits around 98%) And she’s stable as. Was just wondering if it’s worth trying to push the numbers. Only other person I could find online has 60/350

Kind of tech related and kind of /v/ related but you guys are smart so ill ask here, i want to create a new library folder in steam on my HDD for general games storage (was storing them on a single ssd till now) do i need to create a folder titled "Steam" in my Hard drive first or will steam automatically take care of that when I select the drive for install?

You have to create and select a new folder in that drive. No need to call it steam.

Steam will automatically make a “steam” folder when you designate a new drive library

is it really recommended to upgrade the cooler for a ryzen 2600?
I don't plan to OC unless I can no longer hit 60fps at 1080p

I've been waiting for Navi for so long I realized I no longer want a powerful GPU. What's the point when games in 2019 are no longer worthy of interest?
Cute girl.

if you arent OCing youre good with the stock cooler

I've had a 2600 for a day and the cooler was on the noisier side. May want to replace it if you care about that.

Not everything decent is announced a year in advance.

Is the 2070 not worth buying at all?
>not that anything that has come out lately is