I'm still using a nexus 7 2013 with 3G as my daily driver...

i'm still using a nexus 7 2013 with 3G as my daily driver. since it's showing it's age i thought about replacing it but google never made a successor. i also looked to apple, but the mini 4 is way too overpriced given it's age (even for apple standards). i'd rather not want to go into samsung area, do you Jow Forumsents can recommend a model that it's basically the current years nexus 7? amazon fire is off the table, literally the same specs but a second botnet built in.

Attached: nexus-7-2013.jpg (740x503, 135K)

By daily driver you mean something you throw in your bag for commuting, trips, or your primary computing device?

commuting, trips and access the internet in private at work.

I hope you are ready to the 5.5 inch jump, son.

no, not really. i have a key2 as smartphone and it's not an entertainment device.

There is a rumored iPad mini 5 as well as the yearly iPad update on March. You also might want to go with iOS this time since they are more privacy-centric than the big G.
Do you need it to be 7 inches? Because some phablets already reach that size or larger, albeit they do so by making the phone longer instead of wider.

thanks for the rumor. 8" would be fine too, just something that fits in a small bag.

I've been using a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 since my Nexus 7 broke a couple of years ago. Got to say it's a great replacement.

Check chinese brands, they make similar specced tablets but much cheaper. Forgot the name of the brand, they made chinese tab s4 with exact same oled screen and I think mediatek cpu, costs like 250$ or smth like that.
Other than that its pretty much only samsung, lenovo and huawei who still bother with tablets.

If you're willing to buy Chinese stuff buy alldocube/cube tablets. They're great, have 3G on some models, got decent cpus and most of them have wacom stylus. Underrated as heck.

Secondary are Chuwi tablets and then Teclast stuff, but only the premium models.

Don't buy gdp it's a scam bascially for the price, and they're unpractical in real usage, heat and fan noise and screen that is impossible to read from even if you have short hands.

If you want to play safe then Asus and Samsung.

thanks, i'm going to look into that model.
looks like i have to reactive my aliexpress account, then.

Samsung Tab S5e

Tab s4 is better

Same screen
not a glass back
6gb ram isn't korean fuckin exclusive
Less power hungry SoC
thinner (might be a disaster)
also cheaper

Seems better to me famoli

More powerful
Has a wacom pen
Has headphone jack

>glass back
Who cares what the back is made of. Literally is like this, first its glass, then next year its "superior" metal, next year metal is so outdated so we made it out of superior glass, next year company bring revolutionary new design with metal back.

Xiaomi Mi Max 2

The mi pad 4 is the closes tablet to the Nexus 7 2013 in dimensions. It even has the same resolution and aspect ratio. No nfc though and no devs porting lineageos to it. Probably that it's not popular outside of china.

Attached: mipad4.png (760x1567, 280K)

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

how much of a upgrade is pic related? idk how to read specs. my nvidia shield is like 3 years old so battery has gone to shit. still usable tho.

Attached: file.png (767x1518, 215K)

I also use my nexus 7 almost every day. The accelerator died and it can no longer change orientations without a program to switch them manually. I wish they would make a 2019 model.

Attached: 1548821001410.gif (500x348, 386K)

Kek I'm still using the old lenovo A3300 for shitposting and reading >ebooks

Attached: IMG_20190131_012756.jpg (2000x4000, 1.63M)

sauce? for biological purposes

Rooted fire hd 10 if you want to save some money or pay in installments.

>Has headphone jack
The tab s5e doesn't? I just sorta assumed it would.
Truly the last pillar of sanity has fallen, fuck android.

Nexus 7... ffs...

Bought myself a nexus 7 2012 used for $20. Rooted + fixed the slow flash lag and it works perfect for browsing/reading/fap. Only has slight issue with some webm.

how do you fix the lag?

probably F2FS

Had a Nexus 7 which I adored and used everyday but eventually kicked the curb. Best replacement I could find is the Mediapad M5, I love it just as much, if not more.

Attached: e7a9593d-f54c-4717-b6eb-e3bae33f3558..jpg (1024x768, 96K)

Parrot mod I believe is what its called. Its a governor modifier I think. XDA forum has more info

Get Huawei media pad T3 8.
It might be old, but it's good, cheap, and will last for another 5-6 years.

Patrician taste.

Attached: poop.png (409x495, 356K)

Xiaomi Mi Max 3
6.9", 5500 mAh battery.
Much smaller, but only 0.1" difference.

I kinda like the nexus 7 for its huge bezels. Gives you something to hold that isn't touchscreen.

Should i buy a lenovo tab4 10 plus or xiomi Mi pad 4 max? And how can i fix That some streaming platforms only play 480p streams on xiomi?