What the fuck is an industrial grade micro SD card?

What the fuck is an industrial grade micro SD card?

Attached: 0B4DD912-55A1-4451-8626-52C763177107.jpg (1238x1300, 199K)

Uses

what's a coldcard

does it mean you can use the SD cards on the calculator?

Even samsung segregates their EVO cards with long endurance(slower) and for smartphones(faster but less write cycles)

Industrial is usually higher endurance

SLC only, sometimes has metal foil shielding inside

bitcoin hardware wallet

Hopefully one that doesn't die all of the time like consumer grade ones do.

>industrial grade
>they all come from the same chink factory

Attached: 374g642dh98h.jpg (242x209, 11K)

Are you a fucking retard? Not a single consumer grade card EVER died on me. I still have my old 32 MB one from the late 90s and it is working perfectly.

Siemens sells some industrial grade sd cards to be used in automation.

My guess is they are far mote reliable and can work inharsher conditions.

>(((Siemens)))
>my guess
Dude, Siemens is making garbage consumer shit nowadays, just like every other company. I bought an expensive Siemens vacuum cleaner and is absolute horseshit as compared to my mom's cold war era Braun vacuum which is still rocking around.
Also Siemens wireless phones are shit as well.

German manufacturing quality is just a shadow of what it was.

>My guess is they are far mote reliable and can work inharsher conditions.
Likely to be this. I've had a few microsd cards delaminate in extremely hot and humid conditions. They were just standard consumer grade Samsung and SanDisk cards as well. Older cards that had slow read and write speeds were also prone to overheating, and those cards were prone to toasting themselves under heavy load.
>t. tried to load live boot windows on microsd card
>witness windows thrash the card like a hard drive
>magic smoke escapes microsd card
>rippu

It is much harder to rip off business clients.

>being this much of a retard
I mentioned industrial grade sd cards to be used in automation, as in industrial applications.

How sd cards and industrial material relates to vacuum cleaners sure as hell beats me.

Attached: 1547324747780.jpg (378x396, 14K)

because its not manufactured in germany duh

It actually has a "made in germany" label, which is one of the reasons I bought it.
It must be Germany, Guangdong.

>How sd cards and industrial material relates to vacuum cleaners sure as hell beats me.
Basically they are all a scam. 'Industrial' is just a line of products of the same quality but more expensive.

Siemens hearing aid is top tier although.

titanium

delet this

Actually being this retarded.
There are far more specs than simple r/w speeds and capacity.
Resilience, water resistance, vibration resistance, heat resistance, etc.

>'Industrial' is just a line of products of the same quality but more expensive
is this the power of Jow Forums and comp sci?
Those SD cards user mentioned, are used on gear where a shift downtime is more money than your pathetic yearly income

Attached: 43534654654654.jfif.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Siemens Automation Software is a fucking unestable, not compatible with W10 only W7, slow, blaoted, unreliable nightmare

It means it's overpriced.

sandisc declare 5000 hours of HD video recording
and it MLC

Sandisk 8GB Industrial
declare lifetime warranty

Camera sd cards are constantly being overwritten and taken in and out in various conditions. Both digital and mechanical wear and tear, still they just work.

HPE (enterprise spinoff of HP) sells overpriced SD cards. Charging $130 for something Samsung sells for $8. Supposedly HPE says they are optimized for "servers".

Attached: i00052144.png (573x430, 197K)

trsr

There is a reason they are expensive, they are meant to last in a reasonably critical environment and that means not losing random bits of data over time and losing sectors when you decide to wrote over stuff more than a few times
The only reason the $8 Samsung cards don't fail left and right it's because most don't do much with them, people put shit on there phone's SD card and it stays there only to be read occasionally, rarely is anything written over again

>not compatible with W10 only W7
(and that's a good thing)

Like all memory manufacturing it is an imperfect process that will result in some being better and some being worse.

Attached: 1549059402215.gif (500x444, 92K)

Industrial have more reserved space for replace broken sectors, that all

also for Bitcoins Industrial SD not good cose lost data over time

Again, how the fuck does that relate to sd cards?
Siemens is a fucking gigantic tech company. Some of the stuff they make it's bound to be shit.

>Siemens
rotten

Most of the stuff they make is shit, Had a DOA drive controller at work.
Come to find out they dont even do a factory test on every item only random QA.
This motor controller costs over $20,000

industrial means rated for at least -40C to +85C temperature and 95% humidity (non-condensing)

Attached: fu.jpg (334x470, 25K)

The fuck, some Chinks tests even the ovens and other cheap shit like that.

>buy $8 sd card off of alibaba instead of industrial grade for like 200 or some shit
>install in plc and forget for a year
>shit gets fucked, need to restore but chink-tier card harvested from the reject bin failed 6 months ago from the heat/vibration/magnetic interference
>tens of thousands of dollars of downtime

some new plcs cost as much as a brand new commuter shitbox despite only having like 8mb of memory, it's because they need to be on 24/7 and stable as fuck. there's a reason people aren't building equipment centers with arduinos and raspberry pis.

You can drop this slow pile of garbage thousands of times and it'll still work fine
which is why they cost like $2000

Attached: IMG_20190217_143241246~01~01.jpg (564x1280, 165K)

But most don't. Not economical, especially when the end-user is 5000 mles away.
"Let the customer do the beta testing" is not just for software, you know.