Botnet Pay

Is there a reason why phone-based NFC payments use Google Pay instead of an app issued by a bank or something?

Attached: 512px-Google_Pay_(GPay)_Logo.svg.png (512x203, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2019/01/14/the-ludicrous-google-pay-death-sentence-can-lock-your-fi-account-and-phone-number/
onemileatatime.com/google-fi-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never used Google Pay, but I would assume that it is integrated in Android in Android by default? That would be a pretty good reason, normies aren't going to download an app just to pay at your shitty store.

>in Android by default
It's not, you have to download it.

nobody knows, huh?

does anyone actually this crap?

There was an article recently about how Google will just hold your entire Google account hostage if there is a Google Pay payment dispute, and their system won't automatically unsuspend your account even if the bank that processed the payment corrects the mistake, and there is no way to get in touch with a human at Google to go over the disputed charges. Basically, don't use Google Pay.

I was using my bank's app which then later updated and merged with Google Pay. Now I still use my bank's app but the money gets transferred via Google Pay. At least it works so I don't mind that much. Also my phone always gives a push notification when money gets charged so it's not like someone could do it without me noticing. It also doesn't work if the phone is locked, it has to be unlocked and screen on so I'm always currently using it myself.

>is a Google Pay payment dispute

It's using your banks cards... there is nothing for google to do or even the option to do

Your dispute is with the bank and they do the chargeback as normal

>I was using my bank's app which then later updated and merged with Google Pay.
Did you ask them why?
I'm looking at my local banks and none of them offer NFC payments on their app. It just seems strange.

Here it is. It's a little different than I remembered, but Google locks Google Pay all the fucking time if their A.I, flags the account suspicious (exactly what metric they use, nobody knows), and you can't pay for anything (apps, Google Drive storage subscription, Google Fi) until someone at Google unlocks it.

For other things, you can just give up your app purchases and start a new with a new account, but with Google Fi, Google won't allow you to port out your phone number when the payment is suspended, so you're completely fucked and lose your phone number.

androidpolice.com/2019/01/14/the-ludicrous-google-pay-death-sentence-can-lock-your-fi-account-and-phone-number/

onemileatatime.com/google-fi-review/

that's not a google pay thing

> The author's spouse purchased a Pixel 3 with a credit card that had an unrelated fraudulent charge that same day. This threw up a flag on Google's end, and that resulted in an immediate lock on the Google Pay profile.

They thought someone bought an expensive phone with a stolen CC

that's relating to google's store. Sony will ban your PSN account if you do a chargeback

Because it won't work on iphone. That said there are indeed alternative nfc applications for android.

>there are indeed alternative nfc applications for android
Name some.

Let me put it to you this way: if you embrace the botnet and use more of their products then you'll be able to get the most out of that sweet shekel-train when the class-action suits come down.

Australian here.

The Commonwealth Bank have a pretty good native NFC application in their app. It works just as well as Android Pay such that I can barely tell the difference. I use the app because less data to Google is good thing.

I suspect Android will mysteriously (((deprecate))) native NFC payments and force banks to use Android Pay.

>botnet pay
>he uses credit cards for payments
>and calls a third party a botnet

Government workers are like 45 years old, they can't make android apps. They use outdated shit from 30 years ago still.

Yes, because you are a tech illiterate normalfag.

PROTIP nigger: install another app that can handle NFC payments and then change NFC payments to that app in the default applications setting.

>...an app issued by a bank or something?
This is literally how it works in the developed world.

>trusting your bank with security

It's up to the banks, not the government.
But yeah, some (not all) banks do offer NFC payments in their Android apps.