pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

IEM / EARBUDS / EAR DILDO - anywhere but /hpg/
Required viewing before debating sound :
youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a-JGAobDwGs&t=12m

Previous thread:

Attached: cad3e1f874f6086d61ba224cc1dc4477.jpg (1397x1000, 906K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
fiio.com/e10k
en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--adapter--jack-plug--gold
moon-audio.com/grado-mini-adapter.html
amazon.com/Sennheiser-Cable-Adapter-Female-6-3mm/dp/B008JGWY2Y/ref=pd_sim_23_3/140-3253223-1076427?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008JGWY2Y&pd_rd_r=dc0a18e6-32d6-11e9-b9d0-e312d9a21541&pd_rd_w=ajl7G&pd_rd_wg=XExsc&pf_rd_p=90485860-83e9-4fd9-b838-b28a9b7fda30&pf_rd_r=J64G9YWQCE32W3GGTX7K&psc=1&refRID=J64G9YWQCE32W3GGTX7K
amazon.com/VCE-Plated-6-35mm-Female-Adapter-8inch/dp/B078X85LFS/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1/4 female to 3.5&qid=1550423704&s=gateway&sr=8-3
amazon.com/CGTime-Golden-Plated-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01M6CQYUK/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=1/4 female to 3.5&qid=1550423715&s=gateway&sr=8-4
amazon.com/SiYear-Golden-Plated-Aluminum-Connector/dp/B07G274Z3T/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=1/4 female to 3.5&qid=1550423724&s=gateway&sr=8-8
amazon.com/dp/B07DD4FTLW/ref=psdc_2267280011_t1_B008JGWY2Y
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1063702-REG/sennheiser_561035_adapter_plug_for_hd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder that /hpg/ openly accepts redditors and DAC whisperers from discord.
Oh and fooling people into buying lowfi entry level stax is a meme.

Friendly reminder that STAX have no bass and high distortion.

Anyone know any cons on the hifiman anada and arya? Considering buying them after auditioning them.

Btw I tested L300LE and L700 and they do have bass. Going to test sr009s and sr009 to see how they are.

What's your opinion on the FiiO K1 DAC/Amp?

Attached: file.png (800x380, 434K)

stax have no bass and are distortion cannons
hd600 have no bass either and snap as soon taken out of the box

cheap placebos are not as effective as expensive placebos
you need to spend more to feel invested and psychologically affected by the placebo

dt990s are better than hd600s right?

If you like bass, and a non intimate soundstage and crisp highs then yes. If you like mid centric, intimate soundstage with more relaxed highs hd 600.

if "better" means will the average person like them more, then no. most will prefer hd600
but both are ancient anyway

Iem faggot here, why do you guys like lugging around those heavy ass cans on your head while you can get comparable performance for cheaper in a lighter package?
I guess you guys never leave your house so that explains it pretty much

Attached: 0.jpg (602x709, 67K)

Does anyone have a link to instructions for turning superlux hd668 into fully open headphones? Only thing I can find is some guy on Reddit who didn't provide pictures.

imagine being able to have both
woooaah

>most will prefer hd600
That's not what blind tests say. But I'll make your head hurt and let you put the effort into reading the graphs rather than spoil the fun.

Attached: 990.png (1164x4230, 1.23M)

if peoples only choices are dt990 or hd600 i'm confident most would pick hd600..

you are confident everyone has hyperacusis like you

But why?

>comparable performance
no soundstage, no real bass feel, treble resonance that is unfixable, no comfort, inserting dildos into your ears, noise isolation that isn't always welcome (if you're at home in a mostly silent environment you may want to.. be able to hear when people are knocking your door, ringing your bell or calling your phone you know.)
Yeah it's totally like wearing open headphones
KYS and go back to your IEM containment thread faggot

Attached: ety1.jpg (904x1324, 173K)

>no soundstage
wrong, depends on model
>no real bass feel
wrong, depends on model
>treble resonance that is unfixable
wrong, depends on model
>no comfort
>inserting dildos into your ears
completely dependent on user
>noise isolation that isn't always welcome
wrong, depends on model
your ignorance is at tremendous levels, you just made a completely fool out of yourself with that reply.

>wrong, depends on model
no pinna, no soundstage. Read some real science you retard.
>wrong, depends on model
the only vibration you will ever feel is in your eardrum. That's not feeling bass.
>wrong, depends on model
Said treble resonance is something unique to every person and that changes every time you insert the IEM. You won't see a specific measurement of it because it's insertion depth and ear canal dependent and it happens because the IEM creates a seal in your ear canal, creating a unique resonance.
>completely dependent on user
Well, some people like inserting and keeping disgusting things coated in ear fat.
>wrong, depends on model
Yes, I guess you could always buy crap like the Audeze IEMs that don't even sound good without their EQ dsp.
>your ignorance is at tremendous levels
Yours doesn't even need to be named. You mention things like weight talking about headphones, you clearly never had something nice and fluffy like a QC35 to talk about the more travel friendly cans.

I have a very cheap pair of Panasonic earphones and they produce excellent base when inserted properly. It's not just a meme, the bass with earphones genuinely depends on having a tight seal. Still though, no earphone can compete with a quality pair of headphones.

>no feet on the OP
Bad thread.

>tfw a Jew made the best sounding office headphone

Attached: 3.jpg (3008x2008, 477K)

>wooden beats
sasuga jewry

Attached: zmf.jpg (1920x1280, 291K)

>no pinna, no soundstage. Read some real science you retard
there are open back iems that rival the soundstage of open back cans.
>the only vibration you will ever feel is in your eardrum. That's not feeling bass.
exact same situation with headphones as well, only way you can feel "real" bass is from a subwoofer.
>Said treble resonance is something unique to every person and that changes every time you insert the IEM. You won't see a specific measurement of it because it's insertion depth and ear canal dependent and it happens because the IEM creates a seal in your ear canal, creating a unique resonance.
haven't had or read about having such a problem, works on my machine
>Well, some people like inserting and keeping disgusting things coated in ear fat.
retard
>>your ignorance is at tremendous levels
>Yours doesn't even need to be named.
no u: the argument
>you clearly never had something nice and fluffy like a QC35 to talk about the more travel friendly cans
bose. need i say more? also still doesn't remotely compare to the compactness of iems.

>office headphone
Are those a thing now?

Your image just proves him right retard, the HD600 is the closest Harman target headphone, it just lacks sub-bass and it's shown that closer to the target curve is better.

>read about poos headphones
>500$ for an electrostatic which doesn't seem to require bluetack and fidgeting to work
>actually tempted to get one, more than I've ever been interested to get stax

I can't wait for it to be actually measured and reviewed, to know if it's actually a good deal or a scam.

My new laptop isn't able to drive my Sennheiser HD555 and my desktop's audio out is borked so I decided to look into amp/dac combos. The 555s have a 6.3mm (1/4") plug, but I can't find any amps/dacs that will take that. Do they not exist? Should I just use a 3.5mm out and an adapter?

use an adapter

Hello friends OuO

Attached: ouo.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>it's shown that closer to the target curve is better.
guess how far you're off on one of the most important things ever

Attached: bass.png (882x104, 63K)

based and objectivepilled

And the HD650 has been rated to have a preference rating of over 90 based on that paper. Oratory1990 who is the only other person to adopt Harman's system gave the HD600 a rating of 92 which is the highest score from a stock headphone he measured.

Redpill on STAX: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt. They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/, plus they pay Zeos to shill their crap just like Fostex does.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, with shrill highs that appeal only to near-deaf boomers. They have relatively high distortion, way higher than high end planars. And what they say is true, they have no soundstage.

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

based and objectivepilled

And yet, it still sounds like crap. Whoah...

gaming headsets confirmed summit fi

>muh blind tests
DT990 sounds like a fat smelly shit with ear rape treble and niggerbass. Keep coping.

Any adapter will do or is there anything to watch out for?

It looks like the fiio.com/e10k is a good amp/dac combo that's not too expensive. Does anyone know anything on that price range or below I should take a look at? The HD555 isn't hard to drive so I don't need anything overly expensive.

grado mini adapter is a nice high quality option or you can buy the official sennheiser adapter for 20 dollars, the cheap adapters don't have a cable on them so you can break your shit easily with those

Attached: staxloli.png (871x883, 887K)

Noa a SHIT
NOT cute.

>STAX
No bass
High distortion
Poor comfort
Poor build quality
Tinny midrange
Veiled highs

Objectively incorrect.

Attached: Ladies.jpg (565x421, 51K)

I can't find it on Sennheiser's website. Only this out-of-stock $6.48 one: en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--adapter--jack-plug--gold

The Grado adpater looks good though moon-audio.com/grado-mini-adapter.html

amazon.com/Sennheiser-Cable-Adapter-Female-6-3mm/dp/B008JGWY2Y/ref=pd_sim_23_3/140-3253223-1076427?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008JGWY2Y&pd_rd_r=dc0a18e6-32d6-11e9-b9d0-e312d9a21541&pd_rd_w=ajl7G&pd_rd_wg=XExsc&pf_rd_p=90485860-83e9-4fd9-b838-b28a9b7fda30&pf_rd_r=J64G9YWQCE32W3GGTX7K&psc=1&refRID=J64G9YWQCE32W3GGTX7K

amazon.com/VCE-Plated-6-35mm-Female-Adapter-8inch/dp/B078X85LFS/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1/4 female to 3.5&qid=1550423704&s=gateway&sr=8-3
amazon.com/CGTime-Golden-Plated-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01M6CQYUK/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=1/4 female to 3.5&qid=1550423715&s=gateway&sr=8-4

i have this but it sucks

amazon.com/SiYear-Golden-Plated-Aluminum-Connector/dp/B07G274Z3T/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=1/4 female to 3.5&qid=1550423724&s=gateway&sr=8-8

Attached: mud.jpg (1600x1158, 139K)

Attached: grain.png (893x558, 937K)

fuck i wish i could cook corn in my dac

Won't make a difference on audio quality, just buy the dac/amp or whatever, i thought you didnt have a cable, the hd555 benefits from a dac/amp because of its impedance response is wonky

Thanks. I might go with that one since it's official from Sennheiser, but are the adapter with cables like that recommended over a direct adapter like this? amazon.com/dp/B07DD4FTLW/ref=psdc_2267280011_t1_B008JGWY2Y
I would guess that not having extra cable would be preferable.

There's a review on the CGTime one suggesting it's mono-only. Is that even possible? I thought these cables didn't interfere with the number of channels.

Why does the SiYear suck?

>I would guess that not having extra cable would be preferable.
NO YOU ARE WRONG YOUR INSTINCTS ARE THE MOST WRONG OF THE EARTH
3.5mm jacks don't like the added extra weight of those short adapters. You need the extra cable so that the weight can be distributed on your desk instead.
Having an extra cable doesn't deteriorate the sound, that's audiofool mythology.

3.5mm jacks do NOT like weight at all. Don't use those short things, ever. You WILL break your computer headphone out.

That's interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks!

oh yeah the gctime is mono only
see the 3.5mm jack? it has 1 black stripe on it, that's a single channel.
it needs 2 rings to be stereo.

oh and cause i bought the siyear it has trouble plugging all the way in. the jack is really stiff for some reason.

>see the 3.5mm jack? it has 1 black stripe on it, that's a single channel.
it needs 2 rings to be stereo.

What about surround sound? 5.1, 6.1, etc. Aren't those a thing with headphones?

stereo jacks dont support surround sound
the "surround sound" headphones use a usb jack which has a surround sound software driver.

Surround sound headphones is just a shitty gimmick.

Why would they make a mono-only plug?

for single channel signals.. duh

for people with a mono system. they exist.

A stereo plug wouldn't work for that too?

im sorry u bought the fedora of headphones and didnt realize people were gonna shit on you

nope

yeah but u can also get a mono plug and itll work for ur mono thing

Here we go.

Attached: LCD-2C.png (974x607, 135K)

ooh cute

Attached: 1532873736037.jpg (2544x4000, 800K)

>keep turning volume knob
>headphones getting ridiculously loud, volume knob only halfway
>keep turning it
>a loud POP happens
>they keep playing but it now the higher frequencies are way more clearer or louder

uh what the fuck happened?

please tell me you didn't pay $799 for them

The trebles finally descended, my dude.

Is it a liquid diarrhea pouring up out of the speakers?

Anyone own fidelio x2? Speaker screws connecting to headband on these pieces of shit is starting to get too loose and i've no idea how to fix this since the screws are in a tight angle. Like to know if some1 has had this same problem

Attached: 1479365166989.jpg (221x225, 10K)

Thats what they mean by breaking in your headphones I guess

gunk in the cable just cleared out thanks to higher pressure

OH NO NO NO NO

How much are you paying to get poo'd?

You posted a made up story on Jow Forums.

I'm going through some poorfag days and my headphones just broke. Are there any good ones that go for around $30? I'll try and get better ones later, but for now, I'm trying to spend as little as possible.

Attached: 3sabi02_yukari.png (1946x1920, 323K)

koss portapro/ksc75
you will not regret it

Oh, an addendum: I have no preferences as long as it's not uncomfortable. I'd even take earbuds if the sound quality and the price are good.

I'll take a look at those.

>Is it a liquid diarrhea pouring up out of the speakers?
You don't want to know what's going on a sennheiser

Attached: soyfi.jpg (3810x3603, 964K)

What does "dark" headphones sound like?

I keep hearing that they sound unnatural, compare to neutral/bright headphones.

Are they really that different?

are the kanas moondrop any good?

kek underrated post

lower your treble range from 4 to 10khz by -6dB, listen and stop asking dumb questions
dark headphones are dumb

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1063702-REG/sennheiser_561035_adapter_plug_for_hd.html

>Sennheiser 1/4" Female to 1/8" Mini Male Stereo Adapter Cable
An adpter so you can finaly please your significant other?

>Budget
>Location
canada
>Type of headphone
over ear
>Open or closed
idk whats good for bass
>Comfort level
good
>Sound signature
bass for mostly house music
>Past headphones
hyperx cloud 2

Attached: sb11111.jpg (1390x1142, 131K)

first of all those are IEMs and you are in the wrong thread
secondly, depends on what you listen to. generally they are well regarded though.

Attached: staxbbc.png (2200x1142, 1.09M)

word man thats why im getting an lcd mx4 instead of a l300

Attached: 1548610569497.jpg (1920x1440, 1.27M)

do it you fucking pussy lmao

Attached: 1060c51b54bfc2f8ba97d1bc769b1a18f5646938945d7478c5b00527e031e234.jpg (858x721, 130K)

Looks good at half the price compared to Amazon, but I never heard about that site. Is it trustworthy? How can they have the same product for half the price?

Can get them for $1500. Gonna eq up 75hz by 16db

buy it right now retard, you fucking won't pussy