Life without the botnet

Is this true? Is it "impossible" to live without Google and the like?

flip.it/EQ-xRp

Attached: Screenshot_20190217-132636.jpg (1080x2340, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>uses apple products
>surprised internet traffic goes to apple

the absolute state

The only Google thing I really use in my life is Youtube, and even then I don't log in. When I finally get around to compiling Icecat and move away from brave, I won't even have any Chromium in my life either.

well, Stallman does it, but idk what his web life looks life. Must be very boring though.

If you want to post on Jow Forums/4channel you must use google recaptcha. When do you think you'll stop posting here?

He literally has other people make posts for him.

>Is this true? Is it "impossible" to live without Google and the like?
No. It's perfectly possible to live without any of those companies existing, and you're just an addicted normalfaggot if you believe otherwise.

Plus, at least 3 out of those 5 aren't even tech companies.

You should probably read the article. She blocked all addresses linked to those companies. Try blocking amazon web services. For instance if you do that, you can't use Signal anymore.

Not everyone uses the same stuff you use, user.

what the fuck is signal?

By all means, describe to me your magical botnet free life. Unless you're a NEET, I'm really curious about it.

A messaging app.

It's extremely painful. I had to turn down a job because they wanted to prescreen interview with Skype.

It's not impossible. In fact, it will improve your overall quality of life.

You can use riot.im or PixArt instead of signal. Wire is also objectivity better than signal but it depends on Google to deliver messages so it's not entirely botnet free.

>corporate has symantec vip login verification
>have to download the apk through googleplay
>using a custom android rom or outdated version of android will not work for google play services
>installing the apk from a alternate service does not work, since the apk requires google push services
>have to have a small device registered with the service to access accounts instead as a last resort
you can't be a gnutard with a fulltime job. I have to break my own rules, just to get paid around here.

>By all means, describe to me your magical botnet free life. Unless you're a NEET, I'm really curious about it.
You just have to think about the life of the average person ~20 years ago. It's not that hard.
My point was that it's very much possible to live without relying on those """tech""" giants. I never said I myself am botnet free. The very fact I'm posting on Jow Forums and using captcha for that negates it. However, I try to avoid it as much as possible. I don't use Facebook. I don't buy shit on Amazon. I don't own nor use any Apple or Microsoft products. Hell, I don't even use Google as a search engine, the only things I rely on are captchas as some YouTube videos.

Now for a more interesting question, what is there about your life that desperately requires the botnet?

Not everyone works the same job as you.

It definitely isn't impossible, because people did it for millennia before just fine, but you are severely limiting yourself if you what to live 100% entirely without any major tech corporations in your life. I think at this point you basically have to move into the middle of the woods and be totally self sufficient in order to get away. Its gotten to the point now where its more of an inconvenience not to.

>Is this true?
It's false
>Is it "impossible" to live without Google and the like?
It's possible, RMS is doing it just fine
Hell, I even managed to go 40 years without sex and I'm still "alive"
Everything is possible if you are stubborn and/or stupid enough and/or based enough
>t. 40 year old virgin

Ironically, there is some truth to your analogy with sex. Modern society is basically focusing on turning "wants" into "needs" when we actually don't need that shit.

I run Linux on all my machines at home, use a blackberry classic for phone... Until it dies. Startpage for search, which is admittedly a bandaid.

Still directly use gmail since it's a 15 year old account, but have a secondary email with my domain on yandex.

For maps, I use paper or OSM when driving around a new city.

>You just have to think about the life of the average person ~20 years ago. It's not that hard.
You're missing the point. I'm 30, I know it's possible. The point is that the botnet is embedded into everything these days, and unless you want to live alone in the woods naked with no money and no healthcare, you are forced to use it.

I'm also certain that you visit sites that use google or amazon services.

>Now for a more interesting question, what is there about your life that desperately requires the botnet?
Company uses W10, Slack. Friends use Whatsapp.

I’m okay with using certain services like AWS as long as the service isn’t tracking my behavior. That’s different than being addicted to Facebook or actually using a gmail account or chrome

>services like AWS
>as long as the service isn’t tracking my behavior.
Look at him, and laugh

>using brave

>Linux on all my machines at home
Google is a major contributor to the Linux kernel
>blackberry classic for phone
Baseband on all phones is backdoored
>Startpage for search
Your solving nothing doing this.
>domain on yandex
Might as well just make your mails public
>paper maps
Absolute bloat. Why do you insist on killing innocent trees?

I think he browses with Emacs or some shit lol

>Google is a major contributor to the Linux kernel
I don't have the autism required for OpenBSD.
>Baseband on all phones is backdoored
Has nothing to do with my original point or the OP's inquisition. That's known, I'm just avoiding Google
>Your solving nothing doing this.
I'm pretty much getting a proxy to use Google until I migrate to something else. As I said, it's a bandaid
>Might as well just make your mails public
To the Russians?
>Absolute bloat. Why do you insist on killing innocent trees?
I see now you're just trying to start shit as none of your responses are really worthwhile. Why waste your time responding to my post? So I'd waste time responding to yours?

see , you literally used google to post that answer

I want to not log into youtube but I like how recommended videos are tailored to videos I like.

If I don't log in then all the recommendations are filled with normalfag shit

>unironically buy Jow Forums pass so I don't have to use google captcha

>no buy amazon
so you go to the mall? or dollar general? I know we dont like alexa and fireOS but local business is trash out here. Amazon is the nicest things I own.

>everyone has the same job
>you weren't intelligent enough to make a virtual machine with android x86

It's pretty rough to cut out aws if you're a regular internet user.

thank god for google and their captchas im so glad to be teaching our future ai overlords

>prove to a robot you are human in order to speak

>software that can only do one specific task after training for orders of magnitude more time than a human, and even then the human is way better at it
>ai

Pick one and only one.

yeah, he has to ask other people to make texts and calls
it's possible. I know for a face he only wgets his webpages so he has to render the HTML somehow.

>Apple
This one is the easiest to avoid. Because they've contained themselves in their own ecosystem, all you have to do is not purchase their hardware. Everything they produce has an alternative.
>Amazon
While not quite as closed off as Apple, Amazon's services are also fairly isolated and, contrary to popular belief, replaceable. Almost every product you could buy is also avaliable for purchase on the websites of other large retailers. All of their media services such as Prime Video or Kindle eBooks face competition in the regular market as well as torents. On top of this, brick-and-mortar stores are still around and have the edge over amazon of your purchases being recieved immediately.
>Facebook
Facebook is hard to avoid IF you have a need to use social media not called twitter. They are control two of the largest platforms, facebook itself and twitter. On top pf this they own one of the largest IM platforms, whatsapp, and one of the largest online dating platforms, tinder. While it is easy for an individual to stop using these themselves, it is not always as easy to convince others. And if no one else is using a multi-person program, whats the point? However social media has not captured everyone yet, and for every person who spends their whole day posting on instagram there exists another handful who dont care at all.
>Microsoft
MS is tough to avoid, and believe it or not its not just Windows' fault. Its true that it plays the largest role in their influence on our lives, coming pre-installed on 99% on non-apple computers, dominating the educational front, and providing what has been up until recently the only viable platform for gaming. However the prevalence of the Office Suite as the set of tools everyone learns to use first has also taken captive many people's computing lives. They seem to have struck the perfect balance between application power and user-friendliness, and as a result dominate the business world. (cont)

>didn't mention AWS

Im only focusing on things the average person would see. That a company uses one hosting service over another will not matter to most normalfags.

Even users of Apple's computers often fall back to Microsoft's Office suite when they are needed. On top of this, because Microsoft is so prevalent in our world, the vast majority of end user software is developed for the platform. So even if a person would be willing to switch their Operating System, the lack of software support is too much for them to give up. I wont even go into detail on the lack of technical knowledge required to do that from the common man. Even if an individual gives up all microsoft products themselves, it is esential to know them if you have any desire to interact with those around you.
>Google
Google is so prevalent it has become synonimous with the term "search engine". To most people, Google is the gatekeeper to the vast wealth of knowledge avaliable on the web. Aside from Apple, they also develop what is virtually the only other operating system on the mobile market. Coupling that with the increasing popularity of Chromebooks, their grip on our lives increases every day. The fact that Chrome shares the browser marketplace like Windows shares the OS market only furthers the notion that Google is everywhere. The control Google has over advertisements is also concerning, though with even normalfags begining to use adblocking software that is becoming slightly less of an issue. I realise I told my friend above I would avoid mentioning things the end-user can't see, but when every webdev and their mother are using your add and tag services, its hard not to. Google truly has an iron grip on the web, and as a result are the hardest of the five to escape.

I cant believe I forgot to mentiin Youtube! The most popular media hosting site out there, Google is in control not only of our information but our entertainment as well. And they have not be afraid to show their willingness to modify what information they want us to see.

I have an android that spazzes out every five minutes because it can't call home. Even after a phone call it behaves like a woman's back massager vibrating fiercely with errors about not being about to call home and tell daddy google about my phone call. I also never take the phone anywhere unless it's a long trip out of town. Aside from this I use windows from time to time but mostly use linux. I also use google for most web searches. I consider myself relatively unexposed compared to normal people.
>posted from my chromium browser

I am a modern male and I don't use Google but I do use YouTube.

google is so systematically important that they shouldn't pay taxes. I am totally reliant on youtube to learn how to do stuff.

Use youtube-dl over a tor connection

unless you're your own boss or some blue collar slave, yeah it is impossible.

i work at a marketing agency, and i'm forced to use both pajeetsoft and jewgle crap because it's part of my job, i can't do work without using their products.

Logging in on YouTube is useful though. It helps a lot with fine tuning suggestions and not getting recommended retarded shit you'd never in a million years would even want to know about in thumbnails.
Just use multiple browsers and have a dedicated YouTube viewing browser. Or watch YouTube on a gaming console/dedicated streaming device.

it's impossible to use the internet and avoid google. everyone uses youtube to host videos, and every large website uses their recaptcha. unless you go with an iphone you're also forced to use android.

their other services, e.g. search engine, google maps, gmail, are also better than what their competitors offer so by not using them you gimp yourself.

>blue collar slave
>implying the average white collar job nowadays has more dignity

The only Google services I use are Youtube, and reCaptcha. And I only use reCaptcha because most webdevs are too retarded to implement their own method of anti spam.

tradies earn more than office faggots like you these days.

>Google
Use it for searching and it's included in Youtube and this site. Could switch to another search engine, but wouldn't want to miss out on Youtube and here.
>Facebook
Use it for Messenger mostly, if friends switch I would basically never use it.
>Windows
Main OS, don't game much so could probably switch to Linux or dual boot, but can't be bothered+Photoshop.
>Amazon
Order shit from there on rare occasions.

Which one have I missed?

he works in marketing, what do you expect? he's likely unaware that they earn more them him and clock out at 8 hours on the dot every day.

How fucking autistic are you to not just install Skype for an interview? Christ.

>working in a job where he is forced to use smartphones

Attached: 1549090047123.jpg (1200x1033, 106K)

RMS would have a lot more credibility if he demonstrated his philosophy in a DIY manner.

why waste your time on some shit company that does video interviews?

That's the point though, according to him it is literally impossible to send requests through the internet and not have corporations track you.

This. Manual labor trade workers have more fun and their job is a lot less stressful too. No sjws or office politics either, and lots of opportunities to start a private contractor business in big cities.
You just need to be physically fit and sociable.

Then instead of asking someone else to take the figurative bullet, why not boycott the Internet entirely? Sneakernet is an oldie but goodie.

>You just need to be physically fit and sociable.
have you seen the doughboys that work in offices?

this, even i have a "shitposting life" tier account for youtube and Jow Forums settings and another for business on another machine.

Yes. They deserve to boil there in that miserable environment.
Chads work trade jobs and fuck bitches.

ackshully DL is consistently much better than human experts at the tasks they're trained on, from digit recognition to image generation to game playing.
Also just because you refuse to use the words with its dictionary definition doesn't change the fact that ai is ai and your speshul snowflaek definition only exists in your head.

i got your point, how exactly do you think i feel working like pic related?!

my point was that, if your job is to flip burgers 8 hours a day, then chances are that you boss don't give a shit what OS or email client you use.

>inb4 service work isn't blue collar
don't make me draw this.

Attached: 81002360141.jpg (3264x2448, 1.27M)

>fine tuning suggestions
>fine tuning tracking spyware

Because nobody else is playing ball and it takes two to tango. You need to exchange information between point A and B across the world but only point A wants to use technology X, you're fucked.

No it does not. Because all the tuning amounts to just garbage and nothing else.

>watch YouTube on a gaming console
what about the ads?

>it's impossible to live without google finds google funded study

Imagine my shock.

and then they say yt isn't profitable

>Amazon
Never used it, don't even know what it is besides some online retailer shit that americans use.
>Facebook
Stopped using it half a decade ago.
>Google
It's a matter of comfort. I have an android device but I could go without it and just use a "dumb" phone.
>Apple
lmao
>Microsoft
I'll give you this one, you really can't dodge Windows.

You'd prefer to get recommended Late Night talk show highlights pretending to be trending with 50k views?
Oh yeah, that's such a good time.
It's not about what you get but what you will never get once you go out of your way to click on the menu on a shitty video's tumbnail and tell it never to show that shit again.
It still remembers those decisinos of mine from years ago and I'm very grateful for that.
I was using a PS4 for 3 months for watching YouTube and I only ever got 3 ads.
Though I buy all of my games on discs and it doesn't even have my CC info. Maybe I'm just on a "don't even bother" blacklist.
The only real downside is not being able to click on video thumbnails and telling it to stop recommending it.
But when I log in with my good old account that I've fine tuned for years, the recommendations work the same as on PC.

is that a meeting or is that how you guys actually work?

amazon sells absolutely everything, either directly or through through their marketplace which third parties can use. they started out as an online book store originally.

about a year back i bought a replacement bumper from them for a car that is no longer imported to the US. not only did they offer free shipping whereas no one else did, the bumper was cheaper than from any other source even those that specialize in car parts. the bumper was sold by amazon and not a third party seller. just the fact that they stock shit like that is pretty absurd.

so it really is an online retailer shit that americans use

Where are you from? How do you not know about how insanely huge Amazon is?

yeah that's how we actually work.

we have two main rooms in the building dedicated to different stuff, and a third room for meetings only.

Attached: 3dbc8648ed7f28c9602c6ca3501e16c95566d425r1-437-431v2_00.jpg (437x431, 23K)

eastern europe

When you block google, microsoft, and amazon services, a huge part of the internet becomes inaccessible. So much is hosted on various "cloud" platforms owned by those companies. I think one should consider cloudflare harmful too these days. Too much stuff is hosted on only a handful of providers.

it's a retailer and marketplace, but i imagine most people use it as a retailer. the third party sellers usually have slightly higher prices or sell less common items that amazon doesn't stock.

it's just the availability of items is pretty wild. you can buy things like car parts, brewing supplies, and books in a single order and typically have them delivered within the same week. otherwise, you'd have to visit three separate stores or order from three separate retailers.

Not just americans. In cucknada you can't buy fuckall locally so amazon is the only reliable way to get decent stuff.

that's fucking insane. i don't care how well they pay but i wouldn't last more than a week. we had a similar set up in grad school and it was impossible to get anything done. someone would start talking and that would suck everyone into the conversation. i usually ended up doing whatever i needed to get done at home where no one would bother me.

that doesn't sound healthy for the economy

Me too and I have ordered from them a couple of times too.
In some cases their prices are better than the local competition even with the international shipping added to it. It's nuts how efficient they are.

it's not. retail shops are dying unless they sell fresh food (grocery stores/restaurants) or are huge chains like walmart or walgreens. even sears and k-mart are going to be gone soon.

Well I tried to use it once to get an oculus rift since it costs 350 bucks in the us but amazon wanted to charge me addition 200 for "import fees and taxes" so I ended up buying it locally for $450ish
That's why I figured it was mostly for americans

You can even avoid YouTube if you use something like invidio.us . It'll still connect to Google's video servers to grab the video, but at that point, the only information you're giving Google is your IP, and not all the other info they get by running their JavaScript.

but you're still using youtube even if indirectly connecting to it.

You're using invidio.us, which connects to googlevideo.com, but no, your internet doesn't touch youtube.com

Still touching google server which was the point of OP: you can't really do anything without at least touching their servers.

It is for the most part due to the free shippnig in the US but there are select deals sometimes that are much better there.
If you ever need to spend over $200 ordering stuff online it's worth taking the time to check there too.

not him but this thread is about not using anything related to those tech giants so whatever you are suggesting would still use google's services

wanna know how well they pay me? it's 20% more than the minimum wage, that's how well.

the only reason i'm there is because i don't have any choice. web development is the only thing i can do, and getting experience in the field might help me get something better in the future, at least have my own desk and be able to work without someone telling me what they did on weekend.

>if friends switch I would basically never use it.
Make them. If they're true friends they'll switch. If they don't they're not worth it anyway.

>tfw switched everyone to cozy xmpp and deleted fuckbook

yeah that sucks. that's how much i got paid in grad school or thereabout. it was a waste of time in my case though so maybe the experience will at least be valuable to you.

It's possible, this "journalist" is just extremely retarded.
You can use umatrix to globally block any google/Facebook/amazon/whatever domain you want, and then just browse the web normally. You might not be able to use some sites, but it's perfectly possible.

>browser
Firefox
>search engine
searx, startpage, qwant, (((DDG)))
>email
Protonmail, cock.li, any other FAANG competitor like yahoo

she's just an idiot who can't handle living without Instagram.

I was merely suggesting a way you can get videos exclusive to YouTube while giving google the bare minimum amount of information possible. Google gains absolutely nothing from people using mirror services like Invidious (it's not like you're still connecting on your real IP, right?). It doesn't show ads, and you're not running their JS.

If you really want to get back to the point of OP, you CAN watch videos online without Google. There are plenty of alternatives.

just start your own provider if you don't like it

There are plenty of alternatives for videos that are NOT on youtube and that is a problem because videos are typically not mirrored to other services at all.

>Make them. If they're true friends they'll switch. If they don't they're not worth it anyway.
Many of them aren't even close friends, we have a chat group, so no they probably wouldn't switch because some autist started babbling about facebook spying.
I honestly don't care that much either, it's just my phone it's already full of Google's and chink spyware.