Photoshop

is GIMP a good alternative to photoshop?

Attached: download (4).jpg (225x225, 7K)

Yes, although in my opinion GIMP is better than Photoshop

there's a conflict with mypaint and gimp, so most of distros can't have gimp and mypaint simultaneously.

>is GIMP a good alternative to photoshop?

Attached: bigkek.jpg (453x500, 21K)

for professional use that requires actual knowledge, no.
for most people? yes.

Yes.

Attached: softbrap.jpg (1001x679, 398K)

It is.

Attached: Macron_Geared_Up.jpg (1721x484, 726K)

>for professional use that requires actual knowledge
Explain?

Indeed.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-02_12-30-08.png (1280x720, 622K)

(he must think wagies actually produce anything of quality)

"professionals"

Yes, but not for professional work.It lacks cmyk support and if you share psd files with clients or coworkers, you're gonna have a hard time.

Attached: 1549516724387.png (640x480, 420K)

Photoshop is better and it's not even close.

GIMP is shit

>GIMP is shit
uh huh, thats why this fooled everyone a few months ago.

Attached: 15089969704991.jpg (1920x1008, 209K)

is intuitive design copyrighted or something? i'm a newfag ubuntu user, but GIMP is garbage

gimp really is garbage. it's incredibly slow and the tools are not conducive to a work environment. plus the interface, i mean the drag&drop etc not just the appearance, is a catastrophe.

Never seen that image before. You might as well be making it up

Gimp is total garbage, waste of electricity

Attached: trash.png (474x579, 40K)

I think photoshop/adobe UIs are the most non intuitive shit I've ever seen. gimp is fine

>gimp is fine
it's trash though

prolly right, just what i learned first so everything not it seems wrong. will keep trying.

what is the current way to pirate photoshop these days anyway?

funny, everyone is saying gimp is shit but without providing examples.

thread sponsored by goydobe?

>slow
what exactly is there to be slow even

idk I just search the crack for the 2015 cc on google since the newer ones are trash. Never failed to me.

GIMP is fine.

Compared to like...TuxPaint and the other shitware available for LInux.

Not compared to CS6 or even Paint.Net and have fun with wine/mono/.Net on *NIx to use Paint.Net.

Less talk.
Moar minnie may.

Attached: GSC8.jpg (631x477, 307K)

Gimp is as good, if not better than the what is shat out from adobe. Adobe has not made decent products in years. It's reader, for example is worthless, bloated and buggy.

Krita is better

Its not.

>sharpening tool is trash
>doesn't support non-destructive editing
>only supports RGB
It's not even an alternative.

Attached: the linux experience.png (900x756, 38K)

>non-destructive editing

i cant even fathom how this is something people ever have an issue with.

also, "muh sharpening tool". dude git fucking good. for fucks sake, theres a million ways to accomplish everything, and the sharpening tool blows balls in photoshop too, git gud with your own fucking brushes.

>lmao just don't use them lol
Yeah, great argument.

well, you already demonstrated you are too fucking lazy to duplicate layers and throw aside, why would i expect you try and grasp what i said?

Why are you even using software? Just use paper, git good.

thats just silly. are we done here?

Attached: YeaImThinkinWereDoneHere.jpg (693x1024, 783K)

if you know how to use it. kids using photoshop usually wont

>if you know how to use it

its just like anything else that requires talent.

give monet a crayon and some toilet paper and he will always make better art than picasso with an entire studio.

So should I install GIMP or pirate Photoshop to run through my W7 VM? Casual editing

how about you do both and see which one your prefer, all you will get here is people who have buyers remorse/no skill telling you to install shitdobe, and people who actually do lots of editing telling you GIMP is fine, but do whatever you want.

so just try both.

unJUSTed at last.

it helped me learn photoshop when i was 12 and didn't know how to torrent. i wouldn't say it's a good alternative though since it's missing a lot of features that photoshop shop has, although i haven't used gimp in a few years so i'm not sure if thats changed since then.

Attached: NothinPersonelle.jpg (693x1024, 517K)

>thinking you need anything more than color/luma channels and a brush editor/pallet