Do these matter in terms of brand or is that just zoomer OCD shit

Hmm not sure if I need one or not and if brand matters what to avoid and any Blue pill fir me Jow Forums? Banned on pol atm btw wtf

Attached: Screen_Protector-iPhone_i8_weblist_1500x1500_001_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

Don't be a retard who puts the phone facing down or someone who constantly drops it. Just put a case and be done with it.

I never fail for the case and screen protector meme. It won’t protect your phone at all from serious drops. Just don’t be a dumbass. Also Neil degrass Tyson doesn’t use a case or a screen protector. The kikes are just draining you for money.

Attached: F5AB072A-CA78-42B0-8D9F-C20F19C4B274.jpg (604x453, 64K)

Ive bought them a few times. They do "work" technically, but you can kind of see little dots if you hold it at the right angle (in a grid formation, its hard to explain without seeing it), they leave a line of crud on your phone where the glass part ends, they fall off easily, and really only prevent against scratches in your pocket or something, they don't do anything to protect against drops.

They're not expensive, but I still don't think they're worth the money.

me again

this guy is wrong. Cases 100% do protect against serious drops if you get a good case. I dropped my phone off a 10 storey building to test my otterbox case and nothing at all happened to the phone. Im almost certain it would have been destroyed if it wasn't in a case. They're bulky, but to say they're a meme or that they don't work is just false.

I use them, saved my screen from some certain scratches and two drops onto gravel. Worth it.

So you’re such a dumbass you would purposely drop your phone? Okay.

I like a case just for the peace of mind. I like being able to slap my Note 9 on the table without babying it because I don't want my $1,000 glass sandwich to break.

They're a good way to ruin your phone's screen by removing its oleophobic coating.

I work in a phone repair shop. When it comes to tempered glass screen protectors you want to get a brand called injured gadgets. Significantly better than the competition.

>Neil degrass Tyson doesn’t use a case or a screen protector.
Who gives a shit what he thinks? You need to suck his dick for all your life decisions?

he's the smartest man on the planet why shouldn't we be following in his footsteps

>Neil degrass Tyson doesn’t use a case or a screen protector

Yeah I also look to black science man for technological guidance.

Attached: unhackable.png (611x248, 55K)

He's fine in his field, but he's an average smuck in everything else, like everyone is. Go find a mortal god to worship somewhere else.

>He's fine in his field

Attached: 1492639955682.jpg (1215x349, 387K)

Some off-brands simply don't fit right. That's all that I think matters. If you're about to buy one, I can tell you they really do protect your screen from minor scrapes and drops, but make sure you're allowed to get a refund if the screen is too small or too big to fit properly. Probably much less of a problem for iPhone users than it is for an idiot like me that still uses Android. eBay companies will ship you a screen that's supposed to fit an LG Stylo 4 (or whatever), and list it as made for your phone specifically, but in truth, it's just some random 6" screen for some other phone that didn't sell, and they hope you won't complain, even though the curves/holes/perimeter don't line up.

The point are scratches, not breaking from drops, idiot.

Neil Tyson is a literal actor with his own SAG card.

But one, the screen gets hairline scratches easily like in the image.
retard

Attached: images (3).jpg (480x640, 33K)

That's not entirely correct. If you drop your phone face down, the shield is supposed to take the brunt of that impact. The hope is that it will shatter instead of your screen, then you just replace the shield. Will it work every time? No, but it thankfully works sometimes.

A good enough enclosure-style case will protect your phone.

A good screen protector will protect your phone's screen.

THat said I threw a Samsung S5 through a 2" thick drywall...wall and it still worked, so...

Fake and gay

Had a screen protector on for the last two years and the other day it dropped on gravel. Protector took the hit and replaced it. Good investment.

Hey, samefag here, reading through the comments here, I just want to clarify, I'm referring to a Glass shield, not one of those sticky, felxible cellophane thingies. I'm not sure what you were asking about, but the cellophane only protects against scratches. For impact protection, you need a glass shield. There are kinds out there that also give you privacy; you can only view your screen from dead-on, and anyone else looking from another angle sees nothing but black. Kinda neat.

Because that's called an "appeal to authority" and is logically fallacious.
>he's the smartest man on the planet
lmao

>The kikes are just draining you for money
Says the iToddler.

I dropped my phone once and it saved the screen.