How to install pacman in Gentoo Linux?

Hello anons, I want to install Gentoo Linux again, since I uninstalled it due to my CPU being way too slow for compiling packages. But is there a way to use gentoo with pacman package manager (Arch's package manager)?

Thank you in advance.

Attached: sf-c.png (1280x800, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bedrocklinux.org/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXC#Arch_Linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not your personal tech support you faggot

Now that's what I call a good answer.

Attached: Screenshot_20190217_141940.png (690x366, 40K)

bedrocklinux.org/

Oh nice, so if I install packages through pacman they will work correctly with the system?

Attached: 1339550542725.jpg (450x420, 32K)

are you fucking retarded? you can't just mix and match package managers into one distro, you'll cause a fuckton of unnecessary errors.

if you want Gentoo with Binaries configure CloverOS. which is easy to do without reinstalling if you knew anything about Linux. if you don't then go back to Arch you absolute underage.

>Absolute underage
>Acts like an absolute underage

Ok ok, I didn't know about that. I will dig in pacman's source code to see if it will work. Calm down.

Why not? There's nothing special about them except that they're distributed with the distro. You can manage packages yourself if you're not retarded.

>my CPU being way too slow for compiling packages
Doesn't seem impossibly bad to me.

>But is there a way to use gentoo with pacman package manager (Arch's package manager)?
No. Arch isn't compatible.

But you can use -bin packages, CloverOS packages, Nix/Guix, pip and npm and friends, docker, ...

>if I install packages through pacman they will work correctly with the system?
Generally you can't expect that to work correctly.

But nix/guix packages generally will work fine for your user.

because the package managers are managing the system's binaries, having multiple applications do that kills atomicity.

Why not just use arch?

He noticed all his friends on Jow Forums make fun of arch and became self conscious so he switched to Gentoo like you guys told him to.

and this is why emotionally underdeveloped teenagers should not be allowed on the internet

Except with guix/nix. These work because they know how they can keep their stuff separate.

Also docker, pip --user and such, although that's not a general purpose package manager.

install Microsoft Windows

Ok anons, I've learned one thing in this post: Never ask anything in the internet.

By the way, I'm using Arch, but I would like to use Gentoo because of it's fast performance, but my CPU is a huge obstacle. Anyways, I will find a way to compile packages faster. Thank y'all.

iirc pacman is literally in gentoo's repos OP

I dare someone to ask this question in the official Gentoo IRC support channel and post screenshots

If you don't have a stronger system to use distcc on, you're better off either just sticking it out until everything is all set up the way you want, or using another distro.
Do not use Clover.
Clover is for lazy faggots that want (You)'s, thinking that sweet purple G in their neofetch gives them some sort of clout when they haven't done shit.

You can with

Yes apparently used for containers
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXC#Arch_Linux

glitchy ass poo pajeet nigger shit

>core2 duo
>too slow for compiling
Bullshit, grow a pair

Attached: 2018-12-25-003637_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 1.02M)

I have a rig with that CPU, it's absolutely based. 70 C compilin kernel is the hottest I ever saw it get

Compiled fucking qemu-patched and that shit took 2 hours. Though it was mostly my fault that it compiled for all architectures, not just x86_64. Fuck compiling shit that takes longer than 5 minutes.

This, there is absolutely nothing wrong with compiling on a core 2 duo.

Attached: scrot4.png (1440x900, 1.64M)

gentoo does not give you better perfomance at all (why does everyone say that?) it's for people who want control and stabillity and people who just prefer compiling. loving it for 2 years straight
>2 hours
oh boy then you're really going to hate the kernel upgrades and browser updates.

Why would you even use gen2

why are you using urxvt on gentoo? in the man page they're literally shitting on it

This was with a 6600k and 48gb of ram. I'm not a part of the compiling crew for sure, this was just some random shit off the AUR. I'd lose my fucking mind on Gentoo. I forgotten to put it in a tmux session as well. Not op btw.

Attached: blockhead.jpg (818x818, 100K)

It's just become my default terminal at this point and it just werks(tm) for now.
If I run into problems I can just swap terminals so it's not a big deal.

It just werks after you installed it

>in the man page they're literally shitting on it
Rightly so

Attached: file.png (1106x153, 29K)

what a fucking baby