Jow Forums, why do I hate Macs so much? Everyone else seems to like them, but to me...

Jow Forums, why do I hate Macs so much? Everyone else seems to like them, but to me, every second spent with it is suffering and frustration. Everybody tells me to get used to it, but I had an iMac at a previous job for a year, and it's been 3 months since I'm using one at current work, and they haven't become even a bit less infuriating. It's like they were specificially designed to do things in the most unintuitive and retarded way.
Is there something wrong with me? I mean, clearly I'm in mintority, maybe there's something I don't get?

Attached: macbook pro.jpg (1808x1680, 748K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting
macrumors.com/2018/12/21/apple-dan-riccio-on-2018-ipad-pro/
macworld.com/article/3330576/apple/apples-gaslighting-ipad-pro.html
engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Everyone else seems to like them?
Who are these people? Most people on here are promote gnu.
>Is there something wrong with me?
How should we know? You didn't give any coherent reason why you feel the way you do.

No, you're absolutely correct. Don't let idiots gaslight you

^autocomplete typo

>Is there something wrong with me? I mean, clearly I'm in mintority, maybe there's something I don't get?
There is nothing wrong with you
Apple and Macs are objectively trash
There is nothing that Apple hardware or software does better than the competition
In fact the competition does it better and cheeper and in more easy compatible way
The apple faggotrons won't be able to answer what makes applebso good
Instead they will parrot the same bullshit of muh stability, muh no viruses, muh unix (mac os x is trash unix) etc
Nothing, apple is shit and gay
>but mac are needed to develop ios apps
Lock in, also iOS is trash too because Apple

>Who are these people?
Literally everone at my new job.

>You didn't give any coherent reason why you feel the way you do.
By far the shittiest keyboard I have ever experienced.
Retarded shortcuts that you can't change which require you to take your fingers of the homerow for basically anything.
No window snapping.
Animations are low fps, take forever and there's no way to disabled them completely.
Shit overheats and throttles. Even when I'm not compiling anything it's usually pretty hot, hot enough that it kinda burns my fingers. Everyone tells me it's normal, but if my personal laptop would've gotten even half as hot I'd be running to service center to see what's wrong with it. It never got nearly as hot even when I worked on a huuuuge data analysis project on it.
I mean, even the look of it makes me depressed. The fucking wet concrete / kitchen applience design and the transparency bullshit in OS, I just can't understand how someone does not find this ugly.

>Everyone tells me it's normal
You just described the average apple fag
Whatever apple does is correct
They always use excuses for whatever shit apple pulls
They are like religious zealots, worse actually
Apple is part of their whole being
When something doesn't work in their apple piece of crap then "it's normal" but a few moments later on the so slightest issue on anything non apple they are "lmao pathetic apple is the best"

A bunch of aids ridden fags the whole lot of them

>muh stability
Programs crash on it quite often. In these 3 months I had a case when it would not boot after update, and just last week it would not boot after a reboot. Both times it came back to life after several reboots ( but I really hopped it won't so that I can plead to the boss to give me a normal computer )

If it's connected to an external monitor( like it is all the time in my case ) and you close the lid( like I do every hour or so to get coffee / a smoke ) it doesn't go to sleep.
If you use a third party mouse ( I hate to use Magic Mouse, it's absolute fucking trash, shit legit gave me carpal tunnel, never had problems with my wrists before or after ) you must change the scroll direction in system preferences. However, this setting also applies for the trackpad. So if I disconnect the laptop from the monitor to go to a meeting or something, I have to go to system settings and change the scroll direction. Then, when I get back, I have to change settings again.
Also, I had to install a 3rd party app to make the forward / back buttons on the side of the mouse work. Good thing it was available, for most of the things on MacOS there's simply no app. For most stuff I'd like to change ( and had no problems chaning it on a PC ) there's simply no way to do it.

>No, you're absolutely correct. Don't let idiots gaslight you
What does gaslight mean? I tried looking in the dictionary. However, I still don't understand.

Yeah. When I heard they'll give a Mac and I can't choose an alarm buzz went of in my head, but at that point it was too late. I need this job right now.

Imagine being such a brainlet that you can't handle Apple devices.

Attached: 1447539110576.png (1064x983, 1.55M)

>Programs crash on it quite often...
You are just using wrong, everybody knows that apple is superior
>no really look, it crashes
Well then it's supposed to crash, you shouldn't be doing that, apple knows best

Don't sweat it kid, it's a job, take the money and don't pay attention to the apple fags

The touchbar. Holy shit the touchbar. Not only is it absolutely fucking useless, but now I don't get a physical button and I have to hold FN to make function buttons appear.
Stuff like compile / run tests is usually bound to them by default in code editors, used to be cool when I could initiate the action by pressing one single physical button.

Think how much courage it took to replace the conservative bigoted function keys with the brace and progressive touch bar
Think how much progressive the touchbar with the diverse emojis is

It's an apple marketing tactic.

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting
macrumors.com/2018/12/21/apple-dan-riccio-on-2018-ipad-pro/
macworld.com/article/3330576/apple/apples-gaslighting-ipad-pro.html
engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/

Attached: 1534158005752.jpg (400x291, 23K)

You missed their favourite reasonfor defending it
>it's better for designers
But they'll never tell you why.

Touchbar is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

>overpriced, flimsy, "unique" faggotry shitpiece
no thanks

What the fuck, I thought the touchbar was some gimmicky little extension and not some handicapped replacement for another thing.

Bloody hell!

I like the aesthetic, macos is nothing special honestly.

> I can't figure out the babby os

This thread again. Report advertisement threads.