*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Attached: F248A853-B100-4759-9477-32A8D4D5901D.jpg (350x350, 8K)

nononononononononono

Attached: 9cfd1b2838c51c4827de7a9409009b1d.png (420x420, 335K)

It's on wheels, just push it out of the way.

Why do people find these hard? They're just there to see how you think through the problem, and how you communicate with your peers while solving said problem.

Attached: 1543462862878.jpg (362x346, 38K)

It's just further disrespect and dehumanization.

I can't stand it. I had a panic attack last time they did it. It's literally just the whiteboard when I'm on a team and solving problems it's fine

aren't you a special snowflake

Attached: 1549470855961.jpg (400x484, 72K)

rip, that sucks. i think it's just a matter of practice tho, if you keep trying eventually you'll just look at it and be like "ugh god not this fucking shit again, fine lets get it over with"

Attached: 1534906839466.png (243x266, 111K)

Whiteboards are dehumanizing and need to be stopped

Heh, don't remember by memory the exact specifications of a specific data structure from your undergrad CS class that you could remember in 10 seconds with any reference material ever? Looks like you aren't getting the job bucko.

Hello Ching ping, you do remember but you don't speak English very well and your code quality is subpar? No worries you're hired!

Spbp

If a whiteboard scares you, you should kill yourself.

Fuckin nice

This. Fucking speds.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-19 (25) g - interview goes great developers behave bro-tier - Technology - 4chan. (367x148, 39K)

Attached: hired.png (410x777, 43K)

If a fucking whiteboard blocks my path I'd just walk around it.

Any university graduate from a north american school that is worth its salt will have absolutely no problem with this

I love whiteboard tests. They give me a better chance since they filter out the retarded nigger monkey brained fucks that think they can code

I'd tell them I'm there for the programming job, not the janitors job, so he can fucking clean it.

How's that for roundabout thinking ya cunts.

A problem posed by way of a mathematical formula on a whiteboard, circumvented by ignoring the problem and assuming it's someone else's problem. Welcome to middle management, you're hired!

INVERT THIS REDBLACK TREE WHYTE BOI

Attached: whiteboard interview.jpg (600x356, 38K)

Maybe I was lucky but the ones I got were easy and they were lenient on writing out the complete code if I talked through my solution

Attached: 1521773588720.jpg (854x1280, 212K)

>retarded nigger monkey brained fucks that think they can code
wow, from your impotent misanthropic rage i can only assume you're a first class programmer and a terrific team member, and certainly not a tryhard man-baby. you're hired, but only if you promise not to bring a gun to the office on your first day, you psychopathic spaz.

the fact it's red black doesn't matter, just recurse over it and swap pointers recklessly.

Man, I like those white board puzzles.
What I really dislike is the "here's this code base, make modifications to fix this bug". This, and the "I'll let you introduce yourself..." or "Why did you choose our company?" type of chit-chat.

> if I talked through my solution
Thats really all they want I imagine.
If you're hiring for a team based job you would want people who work well on a team.

>wh*Te board

Rayciss crackaz keepin the BLACK coders down smdh

I laughed at this way more than I should have.

You reminded me of some troublesome times.

I've been to about 10 job interviews and I've never been asked to do this. Once they had me debug code on a laptop, but that's it.

"Being good at working in teams" is often a nice way to say "I have no actual skills".

I ask actually good questions, like about past shit you've done that relates to what were doing, and questions about "how would you start to design a solution to this large problem". If they've submitted code or a GitHub or whatever, I might ask questions about their projects.
Then I ask stupid ass whiteboard questions. If they're awkward and dismissive about the first half, but nail the whiteboard questions, I know they're either faking it by interview cramming, or they only have a math autist understanding of software.

Attached: 1491451774195.png (518x691, 406K)

UpvotedĀ”

I don't get it Jow Forums.

I had an interview. It went like this:

1. HR Interview
2. Code review exercise
3. Demo of product
4. Discussion on previous stages, and experience
5. Finish up with any other questions for them

I feel like I nailed every stage except for the code review exercise. I couldn't get what they were looking for, and one of the interviewers even had his head in his hand, and was shaking his head.

Yet I got the job, got a salary boost, and have been working at a great company ever since.

I just don't understand why I was hired.

lol

Attached: brainletsquad.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

wtf does invert even mean? Do I rotate the white board upside down? It's still the same tree, and therefore I don't need to re arrange anything in memory. I don't understand

>"alright user everything on your resume looks superb and all of the interviewers loved meeting with you. We just have one final task for you
>"we need you to assign an integer variable to the number 1. Now here is where it gets tricky so stay with me
>"you need to find a way to add 1 to the value of the variable and print the new value of the variable to the console. You'll need to do this until the variable equals 10
>"good luck user, we will return in 60 minutes

>b-b-but I can't do that
>f-f-fucking HR
>f-f-fucking pajeet taking muh job

So they want the output 2...9
I bet a bunch of retards printed 1...10

F
A+

Its a meme by people who dont know any programming
No real programmer find it demeaning about a whiteboard test, nor is it hard (if you are applying with a language you know)
Even if you fuck up the syntax you could still explain any function/scope etc etc etc
People who hate whiteboard tests are either people who dont know programming and never did a test or failed one test and never reapplied

I want one for my room.

>not grabbing onto it with both hands and having it and by extension you pushed through the hallways at exceedingly dangerous speeds by fellow coworkers

Never worked a late shift, huh?

Yeah, why would they? They probably had around 20 years of being a complete and total passive observer in school with no higher expectations put upon them. The school system totally prepared them for this kind of task.

Turns out that having public speaking skills and interpersonal skills is more important than having useful skills.
They probably felt like one day they could get you to be an ok coder one day and get other kinds of useful work out of you while you learned and went with that option because it's absolute fucking hell to get the average prepackaged good coder to not be some kind of horrible human blight on the work team.

I cannot move out of the vay

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Jow Forums BTFO