Amazon getting BTFO by the based Northeast states

Amazon getting BTFO by the based Northeast states.

Attached: stallman cash.png (1608x1077, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/13/cash-digitise-payments-money-cashless
aspokesmansaid.com/money-and-insurance/stories/content-10318/santander-customer-s-account-frozen-by-bank-with-no-explanation-and-no-warning---and-he-s-far-from-alone
twitter.com/AnonBabble

feels good not to live in a shithole state like New Jersey

At least its not New York.

Attached: BVvwCq4xeDruWAVSSb5uvwlFM2CyhUUbux3Oa1XRc2Y[1].png (522x747, 203K)

why ban cashless stores though?

privacy idk

To stop the wagies from being replaced.

Why not accept cash at every store?
a dollar bill is just as good as a dollar in a debit/credit card, in fact a dollar bill is even better as there is no processing fee for it

Angry boomers

I'm assuming they only care about taxes and have not even thought of considering privacy implications

it basically Luddism at this stage, but insisting on cash acceptance does have the pleasant side-effect of being beneficial for the privacy concerned, while I guess (their) real reason for inisiting on cash is Fighting to Save Every Job™ (and stopping the store operator 'taxing' their take in Delaware/Barbuda). While its all screaming at the tides to retreat - I pay cash but use self-service mostly - not esp. certain anyone will like where the alternative shopping future is heading very much either.

M-muh jobs

I don't wanna be the one that says it, but some people's money is worth less than others.
Who uses cash aside from poor people who bring down the reputation of your business?
Unless you're literally at 2 bit food cart, you have no business not accepting credit card.

even taco stands accept credit nowdays.
but its like trying to use a website once, and they insist on having your email.

Cash is still the monetary driver for poor people. Amazon saying "you can't have cash" is equivalent to banning poor people. A class divide basically.

Credit cards can pay a percentage cash back. Buying things with cash is just throwing money on the ground. Obviously there are some things you want privacy for, but who gives a shit if the NSA knows what kind of hot pockets you bought at the grocery store?

because for the simple fact that the only legal tender is cash. What "Legal tender" means is, that you can demand to be paid in cash if someone owes you money. If you owe someone money and they refuse to be paid in cash then you can tell them that you will not pay the loan unless they take cash and that is legal.

In the case of a shop they can refuse to sell anything to anyone. You cannot force them to accept cash and they need not offer you a means of paying by cash, The could advertise everything for sale providing you bay with tins of beans, they dont have to take cash but this presents a problem. Not everyone has a means of paying electronically or by any other means than cash. This creates a two tiered system, one that could lead to even greater levels of poverty and alienation, it also starts the decline of cash and a basis for a cashless society. It may interest you to know that you can demand your employer pays you in cash and they cannot refuse since only cash is legal tender

Banning poor people from your store isn't illegal though?
Find me a law that actually says this outright.

cash involves manpower behind it

>beta participants
they got that right

I really hope philly sticks to its guns l. Cashless stores is cancer

Already said but the official reason from the lawmakers is it discriminates against homeless/poor/old who can't easily get bank cards

what employer will pay you in cash unless they're tax dodging and paying you under the table?

We'll see. Everyone's been eager to prelube their anus for Big Tech, so it would be impressive if they don't.

a shop can refuse sale to anyone but refusing on the basis of electronic only would go far. like you said, cash is legal tender for paying debts, and a debt is owed for receiving a product.

whats more likely is they want your card to be used so they or your bank can track your purchases and build another profile on you to compliment the ones they already have

I dont know, but the fact remains that you can demand to be paid in cash and their refusal to do so is not legal unless you have signed a contract agreeing to be paid by other means

>tfw this man is pulling strings on the government to save us all from the botnet

Attached: RichardStallman.jpg (300x300, 22K)

Not for the consumer facing side of it
You can have a seemingly employee-less store and still accept cash
The only reason why you wouldn't handle cash is because you have absolutely no trust in employees which is not a good work environment to say the least

Any employer who is reasonable will pay a check even under the table of which you can go right around to a liquor store and get cashed

check cashing places would have no reason to exist if that were true

they're a literal leach off the poor, preying on those too poor or stupid to amass $1500 for a checking account without fees

agreed but then you dont have to shop there. It's not the law that you must buy things from their store, you are free to go somewhere else

poor ppl getting BTFO, fuck em, stupid unionized bolsheviks monkeys

It also hands over even more control to banks. For example if you apply for a loan, they will look at your statements. If they see charges for things like Netflix and Spotify, it weighs against your chances of getting a loan/mortgage.

To me that's insane and makes me wonder what else these fuckers are using the data for. Making things cashless hands over even more data to these people.

Here is a true story about a cashless shop that opened near to us

Once upon a time
Amazon are cunts
The End

the only thing nj is doing right

What do you do when they are the only option you could access? Or when everyone else follows their lead and goes cashless as well? Suddenly the poor are still fucked.

>No processing fee
Well there is when you consider a manager/boss of some sort has to be paid time to count, and sort the money and to then take it to a bank.

Literally the biggest fucking pile of shit I've ever heard. Not sure what it's like in the US but in the UK banks literally give away contactless DEBIT cards. You don't even need a smartphone to do contactless/cashless payments here

>It's not the law that you must buy things from their store, you are free to go somewhere else

This doesn't work in the real world where there are market failures. Like user says and the danger increases when you have massive companies like Amazon eating up the retail market and destroying the competition.

Your argument is leaning in the direction of people who say that big tech companies like Facebook, Youtube and Twitter should be free to ban (curtail the free speech of) whomever they want because they are private businesses. Unfortunately they are also in some cases monopolies and broadly, part of a social media oligopoly.

Don't forget the time it takes for cards with chip to complete the purchase
Any cashier could could faster then that.

Wrong.

All stores have to do is no accept EBT/Food Stamps and no poor people will show up.

I don't know whether I agree with NJ on this, but these are the reasons I can think of
>privacy
if I don't want to have my identity tied to my purchase, then I shouldn't have to, except for in extraneous cases where the purchase may result in immediate danger to myself or others.
>accessibility
if you have shit credit, then you may very well not have a bank account, or using it would cause problems. Credit scores are already broken enough, and not accepting cash makes for an unfair situation for people who can't get a debit or credit card.

More like retards afraid of progress are holding us back CASH NEEDS TO FUCKING DIE

>if I don't want to have my identity tied to my purchase, then I shouldn't have to

yes lets give the huge multinational our data and trust they won't misuse it

>progress
What can't you do because you have to accept cash?

What third world country are you living in? Chip and PIN takes like 10 seconds max

i don't know why the government has to stick their nose into this. if you only have cash then don't shop there. if it's a bad business model then they'll close non-profitable stores. the government fucks everything up that it touches

he cant count, thus the cash confuses him

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/13/cash-digitise-payments-money-cashless

I can't live a life without it and I should be able too cash is dumb

This is the worst city of them all.

Attached: Traditional Philly Greeting.jpg (476x348, 93K)

Only an ancuck like yourself would looked fucking Amazon or Google and think there's anything separating them from government

I honestly want an Amazon grocery store to open up next to me. I have social phobia, and I don't want wagies to greet me and say "Have a nice day."

Attached: 1548113749191.png (645x1242, 112K)

So in order to live without cash we must ban it instead of just allowing it to co-exist where people who want to live without can can do so and the people who do want to use cash can also do so

Legal tender, and freedom to be anonymous in purchases. Quality of life

>the companies are drafting legislation to close their own stores

Go out into the woods and live without cash

I have to pay my rent in cash cause I also refuse to use checks

That is your problem then. The legal tender of the land is the default. Everything else is secondary.

yes well one day something like this will happen to you and you will eat your fucking words

>Santander customer John Boyes had been banking happily with Santander for over two years, until a few days ago when he went to pay for petrol at his local garage.
>He tried to use his card and it was refused.
>As John knew he had around £3,500 in his account, he was puzzled. He also had a car on the petrol station forecourt that he couldn’t drive away because he couldn’t pay for the petrol he’d just bought.

aspokesmansaid.com/money-and-insurance/stories/content-10318/santander-customer-s-account-frozen-by-bank-with-no-explanation-and-no-warning---and-he-s-far-from-alone

If use of crypto were widespread, it would be a different story. Unfortunately it isn't, so in effect you are arguing for handing over even more control over your life to banks.

You could bet competing companies were supporting and possibly drafting that legislation. Amazon didn't bribe hard enough to swing it the other way is all.

Attached: 21-vending-machine.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1420x946, 235K)

Yessss... Please come down south and grow our economy more. Everything is going according to plan...

Attached: This triggers the yankee.png (943x909, 1.2M)

Cash is federally protected as legitimate for all debts in the US. It’s not legal for a physical point of sale to refuse cash.

Yeah, it's worse

>talking about us
>britbongistani shows up
>get acided and trucked

Its not illegal, but in any state, it becomes a huge issue because a state is made up of 90% poor people.

winfag detected

it's the same in AU as well, i've never seen someone use their phone for payments, every bank card supports it

I'm looking forward to seeing the news on his site when the law gets signed by the governor.

Attached: 1536174082914.jpg (500x333, 133K)

amazon et. al will need to offer discounts that will incentivize cashless transactions. They can still accept your cash, but you'll be paying 10% more than if you had bought with Samsung Pay or Google Pay or whatever.
Many B2Bs I do business with have a "paper invoice fee" of ~$2.

>using cash in 2019
>paying an extra 2-4% on every transaction and getting nothing back for it ON PURPOSE

pfffffffft

Attached: 1541453723168.jpg (600x600, 78K)

>you are free to go somewhere else
this is tricky
amazon isn't some little one-off novelty store, this could set set the standard
what happens if all stores switch over to cashless? where will you go then?

>not paying for your privacy
privacy has it's price and I willingly pay more.

>what happens if all stores switch over to cashless?
if all stores switch then that means that consumer demand is overwhelmingly for cashless stored. if there were a demand for stores that accept cash then some enterprising gentleman can open a business to appeal to this market

>paying an extra 2-4% on every transaction
uwot? where i live, only paying by card sometimes has a surcharge or minimum charge associated with it

national currency on its official circulation (bills and coins) should be forced to be accepted in any business that intends to sell in the national soil.

>should be forced
kys lefty faggot

I assume he means you miss out on the 1-2% cash back and other rewards cc companies give you for using their cards.

The problem is poor people get all of their accounts closed from over drawing

i'm not very familiar with those, but i do know what accepting cards costs retails a small amount, so some really small places will charge extra, perhaps only on public holidays, or will require you spend at least a certain amount before accepting cards
any larger place will absorb the added cost

>if all stores switch then that means that consumer demand is overwhelmingly for cashless stored
Functionality retarded

not an argument

You can move if you don't like it

Cortez will destroy Amazon

can't wait to blast you in civil war 2.0 to be quite honest my family

ITT: billionaire nut swingers defending amazon

>if all stores switch then that means that consumer demand is overwhelmingly for cashless stored.
or, y'know, they're cheaper to run, so they'll switch first and give consumers no other option

>not paying cash for the sweat 30% tax free discount

Solid. Notice how none of the Amazon NWO shills have anything to say about this.

Banks and big daddy government can seize my money at any point in time. And that's a good thing!

Why doesn't Amazon just make the checkout kiosks accept cash?
They already HAVE to have staff on premises to stock shelves, have them empty and refill the cash machines too.

Attached: 1547996499983.png (540x622, 367K)

>and give consumers no other option
if there is demand for a service then that service will be offered in a free market economy. kys commie.

>Banks and big daddy government can seize my money at any point in time. And that's a good thing!
not while i have a sizable chunk of my wealth in crypto

You don't keep your buttcoins in a bank account.

The filthy commoners might run off with the cash though

>the checkout kiosks
the idea of this store is that people can literally walk it, take things off the shelves, then walk out
there's no checkouts

>believing in fairy tale flee markets bedtime stories
Cute ancuck, it's time for bed

exactly

not an argument

There's no reason they can't have both. People with amazon wireless accounts can check out that way, people without can check out with cash/card.

I want to see what Amazon does to their bookstore here in NJ when the law passes. If they decide to close down instead of just accepting cash that'll be interesting.

yea, they could setup one cash payment kiosk or something
it would hurt the whole "cashless" name, but still, if they're betting most people won't use it, it will still make a name as a pretty-much-cashless store