When will we see graphing calculators at the dollar store

When will we see graphing calculators at the dollar store

Attached: 1550258333824s.jpg (210x249, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvhT_1FSU34
collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/calculator-policy
ncees.org/exams/calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never because Texas Instruments has a monopoly on the school system in terms of graphing calculators and what's allowed on the SAT/ACT

Just install octave on a cheap laptop, I don't get this graphing calculator meme. Is it americlaps that have overpriced Ti calculators as required course material?
You can't use them anyway for the exam, so what gives? I want the 20-something stems to leave until they graduate.

What about Casio?

Some tests do allow you to bring a graphing calculator, but not a laptop.

I wonder if it costs more or less than 1 dollar to make a graphing calculator.

youtube.com/watch?v=QvhT_1FSU34

When students unit and sue Texas Instruments for their jewery

Yes

We should have the technology by now.

Attached: 1550420048870.jpg (2172x2048, 672K)

Here in Sweden I bought a TI at a dollar store tier shop

Banned on SAT tests.

>When will we see graphing calculators at the dollar store
Never because I get there first thing in the morning before you even wake up and buy them up to resell.

It's not that we don't have the tech but the calculators are specifically limited so you can't do jack shit on them. If someone new comes out with a super cheap graphing calculator whatever board governing the SAT/ACT/whatever will need to go through the whole thing to see if they wanna accept it, whereas they can just say fuck you and go with TI/Casio instead.

With the effort you go through programming shit into the graphing ones you might as well just learn the material. For higher level stuff, you go back down to scientific calcs with no programming at all.

Attached: .png (1123x436, 49K)

yeah then they will order twenty trillion more from ching lee

when the education system stops artificially inflating the price

Isn't having a graphing calc a core thing that a Jow Forumsentooman must have? It is even mentioned in the Jow Forums bingo.
Just buy it once a used one or new with student discounts and you're good.

Even after you graduate, you can still use it at work if you want something versatile, but there's the risk that it might get stolen or something.

I still have one from middle/high school and really the only thing I even use it for is basic math operations.

Never ever. Academics is an overpriced scam.

Wrong, unless they changed it within the past 3 years. I had a 9860G that was allowed just fine.

Wolframalpha killed the need for any kind of graphing calculator for me, even a simple task like calculating the global maximum of a function with a TI-84 is so goddamn fiddly it's just not worth it.

Attached: 52674275_524591434700170_4107693360251142144_n.jpg (408x306, 19K)

Why the fuck do you need a graphing calculator?

>Calculators permitted during testing include:
>Most graphing calculators (see chart)
>All scientific calculators
>All four-function calculators (not recommended)
collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/calculator-policy

Anyway, you should just get a scientific calculator. Most professors ban graphing calculators on their exams and only scientific calcs are allowed on the FE exam.

>ncees.org/exams/calculator/
>Casio: All fx-115 and fx-991 models (Any Casio calculator must have “fx-115” or “fx-991” in its model name.)
>Hewlett Packard: The HP 33s and HP 35s models, but no others
>Texas Instruments: All TI-30X and TI-36X models (Any Texas Instruments calculator must have “TI-30X” or “TI-36X” in its model name.)

when they cost a dollar

Attached: 1516131831925.png (125x125, 2K)