You aren't still using QWERTY, are you user?

you aren't still using QWERTY, are you user?

Attached: qwerty.png (1791x280, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

colemakmods.github.io/mod-dh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes I am.

QWERTZ

i use a single row of 101 keys arranged in ascending ASCII order

No, I tell Google Assistant want I want to type.

I tried to switch to dvorak once. Annoying only about 90% of thing support alternate keyboard layouts.

Sure QWERTY isn't optimised for many languages, but imagine how long it would take to get adjusted to a new layout. It's really not worth switching considering that any other keyboard you use will probably be QWERTY.

Attached: shitposting.png (500x370, 248K)

I'm using colemak at the moment, isn't too hard to learn and I like the way it clusters the letters together

Attached: lain 186.gif (256x240, 258K)

NOT ANYMORE apparently

About one day. Use sites that teach touch-typing, they typically have different layout options (some even let you set a custom layout).
Then do drills in a 1 hour on, 20 minutes off schedule (minimum 30 minutes on, maximum 1 hour on at a time is optimal). For each 'on' period, know what you're trying to improve and work on that specifically. For example, maybe you constantly misspress one specific key (wrong finger, e.g.).
One day should get you at 90% of your previous typing speed minimum.

Nope, I use Dvorak. It's miles better than QWERTY (I was never able to learn to touchtype on QWERTY faster than my abysmal 70 wpm typewriter-style pecking, but I intuitively started using all ten fingers on Dvorak as soon as I got a feel for where all the letters were), far more established than whatever the current meme layout that's 0.000001% more efficient is, and it's comfy af.

The only problems that I've ever had with it are that it doesn't work with Swype-style typing on a cell phone (there's about a dozen common words typed solely with the home row that the keyboard has difficulty differentiating), and there doesn't seem to be any standard for how games handle hotkeys. Sometimes, they look for the letter output, which is aggravating when it's an FPS and WASD are scattered all over the keyboard. Other times, they track the keys themselves, so all of the keybindings stay the same, but all of the tooltips are wrong. I've even run across a couple that detect the keyboard layout as set by your OS, which is always super nice and I wish were more common.

Does that factor against population sizes, or is RSTHD in dead last because nobody uses it?

Isn't 'total' the total amount of strokes accounted for, i.e. this is the population statistic?

It took me about a month to pick up Dvorak. Before, I was typing about 70 wpm with QWERTY, now I type about 55 with QWERTY (which is still depressingly far above average) and about 90 with Dvorak, although I can get up to about 115 for a short time if I'm really focused like in a typing test.

Total is the combined score.

I'm enjoying colemak

hi Xuming Zeng

I get paid, my time is actually worth something. If you think a normal person has 30 minutes a day they can use for this senseless garbage, you should get a job lmao

the CHAD dvorak vs the virgin qwerty

dvorak is really comfy for programming and regular writing.

colemak, loving it

Attached: 1550057213501.png (460x345, 101K)

I get paid, according to latest statistics, approximately 12x more than you.

I use my own, similar to qwer:

qwfrtygjkp
asdeuhiol
zxcvbnm

>don't have 30 minutes a day for senseless garbage
>flexes "job" on Jow Forums thread about keyboard layouts

Attached: drre.jpg (650x366, 24K)

>I'm so cool and hip guys look how underground I am with my keyboard layout
>give me le upboats

Sage these shit fucking threads

I just deal with the standard. Learning something better, then having to deal with the bad standard everywhere else all the time is only more frustrating.

AZERTY master race reporting in

Is bépo worth learning ?

No one's paying you for your off hours. Your leisure time is worthless.

I've been using Dvorak for probably 4 years now, I might consider switching to RSTHD as it looks like more balanced. I noticed that my right hand works a lot more than my right one with the Dvorak layout.

Dvorak or Colemak?
The difference seems to be in hand alternation vs rolls.

I'm not in that much of a hurry to type stuff, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting half my life on Jow Forums.

>not using dvorak for left hand
Imagine having to move your hand from the mouse everytime you want to type.

Attached: 1391962780769.gif (240x234, 2.72M)

QWERTY is great, you can type TYPEWRITER really fast with just the top keys to better sell typewriters door to door.

If you master a key layout other than QWERTY you won't be able to work effectively at a job where you can't change a lot of computer settings. You'd have to hunt and peck like a grandma until they make an accommodation for you as if you were a disabled employee. We are stuck with QWERTY.

No, I use qwertz.

Attached: 1490690220684.png (1048x1024, 261K)

I'm a vim user.

>doesn't have 30 minutes a day
good goy

>everyone works the same job and under the same conditions
kill yourself and take everyone who keeps sperging out with this useless fucking '''''argument'''''' with you

I use Bépo

Attached: KB_French_Dvorak_bépo_simplifié.svg.png (1920x593, 176K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190218-224721_1.png (1440x455, 52K)

I use only my thumb to type. SwiftKey with qwerty layout doesn't have any of those problems.

why are words with the letter Z so hard to type?

I use an undisclosed, high-profile confidential keyboard layout deployed by the governmental agencies at the CIA level and above. The layout is so hyper-optimal that releasing it to the public itself would turn into a public safety issue. My WPM alone has increased 16-fold since being trained on the new technology. With my new training I can slaughter my opponents at TypeRacer not only absolutely, but consistently. The layout even reversed my TypeRacer-induced arthritis. All of these results came with only ~12.5 hours of training.

Because it's a hard to reach key, due to being rare in Germanic languages (like English).

Cool, I use wqerty too. I can type the whole bible in 3 minutes flat (that includes the pause for snacks)

I'm going to be learning colemakmods.github.io/mod-dh/
It seems like the best choice nowadays, especially if you have an ISO keyboard. Wish me luck

Québécois ou Français ?
How many characters do you type every day ?
Are you always on your decktop PC or do you often switch machines ?

>point is a primary character
You sold me BÉPO. BTW why wasn't this made the standard back in the typewriter days ?

Good luck user

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Just for shitposting.
For programming, I just use 1 and 0.

Workman master race reporting in

where my >neo
boys at?

Attached: neo -layer-1.png (535x183, 20K)

Attached: neo-layer-3.png (535x183, 18K)

Attached: neo-layer-4.png (535x183, 19K)

I speak multiple languages.

system-wide arrows directly on the natural resting position, in a sane arrangement. vimfags can't even compete

Does neo offer any benefit for non-german typists?

Sure do user. The majority of the english speaking world does & I need to work on their computers without first changing the keyboard layout. Dvorak at home tho.

Still better than classical AZERTY. Why we kept that shit is a worse case of inertia than the Americans keeping the imperial system. THE POINT IS NOT ON LAYER 1 AND WE LACK CHARACTERS DAMMIT
t. Frog

/Thread
/Based
/Redpilled

Colemak master race

I only find colemak usable for ultra fast key combo roll.