Will the PS5 and next Xbox really be significantly that much better performing than an Xbox One X?

Will the PS5 and next Xbox really be significantly that much better performing than an Xbox One X?

Attached: ADE797FB-08AA-4B9A-AC4A-11B905FBB6C4.jpg (970x647, 179K)

No.

Yes

I don't know

GPU performance alone won't be monumentally better. XboneX has the equivalent of an RX580 and I'd expect new ones to land somewhere between Vega 56 and Vega 64 level.

maybe

The cpu performance will be around x 2

Yes. Current consoles have fairly shitty CPU as AMD was in a slump (but they offer integrated solutions in form of APU).
In last two years, AMD released Ryzen CPUs including APU which are very, very good. So next consoles will be much better in that department.
What does it mean for player?
I'd say the biggest difference will be handling of 60fps in open-world games or just having larger open-worlds. When GPU cares only about the stuff that is currently displayed - it's the CPU that has to handle everything else.
For example, even XboneX was unable to run games like Witcher3 in 60fps 4k. That's because of weak CPU. NeXtBox should be able to easily do that.

Can you repeat the question?

Why isn't this thread in /v/?

Attached: sip.png (920x920, 878K)

Is this bait? Even if you stuck an i9 9900k inside an xbonex it couldn't run Witcher 3 at 60 fps. It lacks the graphical horsepower to do so.

Three fiddy

Current gen consoles are actually CPU bottlenecked. Xbox One X would get a massive boost from a 9900k, but it would never be able to cool it or have the power supply for it.

I doubt it. I think we've hit a wall, not just in terms of CPUs (transistor density), but games too. GTA V came out in 2013, Skyrim in 2011. Compare them to RDR2 and it's not a huge jump. Both games cost $200-$300m and 5+ years to develop. That's as much as a blockbuster movie. Basically, computing and gaming peaked 5+ years ago. Now it's just refinement.

there's other issues too. there was an article i read recently (cbf finding it) that shows the number of game hours played has peaked, and is in competition with video, etc.

That still doesn't explain how an RX580 equivalent GPU would run that game at 60 fps in 4k.

The xbonex has the equivalent of an RX 580, senpai.

No.

Attached: file.png (549x275, 108K)

why don't you cum in my ass about it you dityy little faggot

Bait image

Because it's a tech question you brainlet

I'm guessing the new consoles do one of the following:

>Full 4K across the board for all games
>60fps pretty much across the board.

Anything less than either of those two is unacceptable in terms of a performance leap.

Anything more than that is unnecessary.

And honestly I see the former rather than the latter happening. Sony with a "true-4k" console and idk what Microsoft could possibly do now that they busted their nut on the One X

about video game consoles

And that card runs the Witcher 3 at 4k at like 25 fps.

Who cares. We discuss all tech

It's 1600p upscaled.

no you dont