Well Jow Forums? Are you a Maker or a Taker?

Well Jow Forums? Are you a Maker or a Taker?

Attached: photo_2019-02-17_22-29-25.jpg (640x476, 45K)

If I could line up every viacom executive and pull the trigger myself I would do it.

/freecountry/ here, seeding 24/7 from my home connection since 2012 or so

intellectual property was a mess, it can't survive the internet.
what we need to do is abolish it, megacorporations have ways of funding that shit for their workers' leisure anyway. all that needs to be done next is establishing government programs for strengthening unions so there's constant job market competition without recession, high employment rates, and lower hours for a higher wage

Geophysics. I basically make oil. Good luck stealing it without getting gunned down immediately. Nobody can really stop me from torrenting my media and hentai games however, so I do that.

>intellectual property was a mess, it can't survive the internet.
actually it's doing just fine and patents are still enforced well

media companies have done a good job in the last 20 years since napster to get the price down and the service up on their content to the point the average person is willing to pay to give the artists a cut and quality fast legal access

piracy is just the domain of the angry neckbeard now

Attached: 1530275095705.jpg (640x640, 75K)

literally everyone in my town has some piracy streaming box they bought off ebay. you are divorced from reality.

>literally everyone in my town has some piracy streaming box they bought off ebay.
I wonder why netflix and apple music rake in literally tens of billions of dollar a year if nobody is using them?

confusing!

Viacom is despicable.

t. crazy ancap

I d/l YouTube videos and mp3 them to listen to them at work etc because

- they censor shit so fuck em
- they censor shit so i wanna keep a copy in case its gone
- they censor shit so using youtube-dl to keep copies and Brave to block ads is like getting YouTube Premium for free lol fuck em
- most of what i watch is demonetized anyways

this from someone who used to not even pirate music

in the 80s/90s/00s media companies used to be really against censorship, now they ADVOCATE that shit fuck em

>piracy is just the domain of the angry neckbeard now

or someone with no money, or a principle that disagrees with paying thousands of dollars a year with software that's not hard to make, but very heavily copywritten.

or people who want to watch their owned media conveniently, like with Plex.

if you think any multi-trillion dollar company can't afford to have some "angry neckbeards" skimming off maybe 5% of their earnings from people who would have likely never bought the product otherwise.

>or a principle that disagrees with paying thousands of dollars a year with software that's not hard to make, but very heavily copywritten.
who are you to make that assumption of a codebase you've never seen and know nothing about beyond the occasional heresay/anecdote copypastas on forums that can easily be framed/tweaked by the poster to serve whatever narrative towards that product/company they're trying to push?

>assuming my assumptions

you're a real cunt, you know that?

but they were assumptions you just outright admitted to making without any specific examples, making it look like you just blanket assume that for anything proprietary which is not really an uncommon opinion on Jow Forums

There's so many just below them eager to do what those executives you just executed that it doesn't even matter if you kill the top branch

>"""our""" work
>implying it's not greedy jews who never produced anything of value in their lives, who are trying to suck more shekels out of consumers

>Maker or a Taker?
I am a giver.

Shitflix is literally in huge long-term debt, Apple Music could be hidden in apple reports (merged with more profitable app store for example), and looking at Spotify I doubt they're profitable.
They're going for too big to fail territory, but sooner or later they're either rising monthly fee to extreme and eliminating all sorts of free tier they have or failing.

maybe in burgerland

>stolen

Thats antisemitic

>intellectual property was a mess, it can't survive the internet.
it can if they lower the prices and raise quality, just like every other successful piece of software, or electronics has ever done w.r.t. the status quo

A maker is just someone who takes from other makers and puts it in a nice box