What coding/math skills do I need to make a game like this?

What coding/math skills do I need to make a game like this?

Attached: The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_box_art.png (370x269, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

n64.icequake.net/doc/n64intro/kantan/step2/index1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ss3AnSxJ2X8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you have to ask, you can't do it.

but i can

The same math & physics skills necessary to find out how hard I have to slap you with my 12'' cock to achieve decapitation.

you need a lot of patience. 3d modelling is a pain.
use an engine. use whatever programming language they use. probably C# or C++.

Just learn some basics of C# and you are good to go with Unity. It's fine for games like ocarina of time.

You're an idiot if you think that game is developed with c#.

All N64 games used C:
n64.icequake.net/doc/n64intro/kantan/step2/index1.html

It's not the coding/math skills that made that game so good, user.

You're right. It was the box art.

You're an idiot if you think I was talking about making games specifically for N64.

Unreal Engine

there’s a metric ton of N64 games being remade in it floating around on youtube

Unity and like $500 to hire 100 individual pajeets to work on it for 10 hours each

You're an idiot if you tell someone to use the language the developers used for the game and then call the person telling you they actually used C an idiot immediately after

based "You're an idiot if you tell someone to use the language the developers used for the game and then call the person telling you they actually used C an idiot immediately after" poster

Attached: 1524737552459.jpg (452x563, 43K)

kek

No one ever asked about tools developers used years ago.
If you want to create games like ocarina of Time today, you should pick Unity, Unreal or some other engine. It's way more productive than reinventing the wheel.

I don't think imaginary numbers will bring him all too far in gamedev.

The game isn't good.

chuckle

Not everyone involved would have to do maths, but you usually need them for 3D design, level design, physics, lighting, proper rendering, and other stuff. You can still do a game with available software, but the details and state of the art results usually are achieved with math.

You also need good designers, proper lawyers, psychologists, audio engineers, and much more.

Based. His cock is beyond values. Trying to measure it would be impossible

tldr: indie devs, good luck

So the game quality and WOW factor rest heavily on the art which has nothing to do with either coding/math (at the production level obviously for pedantic replies), if you want to focus on the coding/math elements behind game dev, I would suggest finding an artist friend and using Unity Engine as it's approachable and developer-centric. The two most common mistakes people make are falling for the engine trap or giving up when they realize they need art.

and with this approach you can easily learn basic C# and rely on the wealth of preexisting knowledge for Unity. You can get started without an artist by doing the tutorials on Unity and copying other people's projects which I found was most helpful

Linear algebra

OP asked you fucking retard. You're not reinventing the wheel, you're just using it.

you can't. is right

He asked how to make games like that, not how to develop Nintendo 64 games.
Writing your own game engine for mere platformer adventurer is reinventing wheel.

Fuck off gaylord
absolutely disgusting
Fucking foul
Stfu faggot. Minecraft never had any of that shit back when alpha went popular when I was here (you weren't faggot) back in 2008 or so
You need to use C or you're gay
Here's your tutorial OP

Basically, you need to know quaternions and quadratic equations, matrice rotations
youtube.com/watch?v=ss3AnSxJ2X8

Also here's the image for the fgts

Attached: index.jpg (271x186, 7K)

>>/v/

based