The amount of shit you have to go through just to compile a simple C application on Windows that opens up a window and...

>the amount of shit you have to go through just to compile a simple C application on Windows that opens up a window and draws a triangle with openGL
its beyond retarded how archaic this garbage is

Attached: realhumanbean.png (864x752, 337K)

Then don't use Windows for C programming faggot

try it in android its even worse

>i want programming to just be
import everything;
make_the_shit;

stop being a brainlet

you faggots only breathe oxygen molecules you built yourself right?

This will increase productivity. It should be like that, for the same reason that home and office Linux distributions are using binary packages and not sources.

>download tcc
>download SDL
>put SDL in tcc
>put linking option correctly
>import windows.h
>write 3D stuff with SDL
>tcc -run
done

Kys brainlet

Yes. this is pretty much what I want. Getting Vulkan + GLFW on linux to work is a pain in the ass. Nevermind windows, which is probaly worse since visual studio is a fucking clusterfuck UI.

>1000+ lines just to display a fucking triangle
i get that they want it to be very modular but jesus christ

oooooo, didn't know there was such a tiny version of c compiler. guess it's time to learn ansi c!

go fuck yourself.
all you need is notepad.exe and a fucking 2mb compiler to draw triangle in minutes on windows.

Vulkan isn't that bad. It 'only' takes 200 loc to draw a triangle but after that it pretty much does exactly what you want without vendor specific code. Though you can check and optimise for pretty much every feature a graphics card has. It even has wayland support.

does tcc ship libc headers?

Yep, Win32 and WGL are rarted. That's why you use something like SDL or GLFW.

and then on linux you do it in like 20 lines lol

wat?

>download msys2
>use pacman to get gcc and your preferred library
>write program on your preferred text editor
>compile with gcc and link library
>done

>graphics programming on Windows
Wait for JAI.

SDL is alright, GLFW is still retarded. So many unnecessary lines of codes and library dependencies.

>using visual studio instead of gcc + text editor on windows
That's your first mistake faggot

Don't. Use. Visual. Studio. With. C.

I think you're confusing GLFW with something else. It's much simpler and smaller than SDL, as it doesn't do rendering or audio. And it doesn't depend on any inessential libraries (i.e. system libraries on Windows and X or Wayland on Linux).

I feel you OP
I spent a week figuring that shit out, granted I only did it for 20 mins a day but it was infuriating.
Then I found out I have to write my own function for dynamically allocating arrays from heap just so I can fucking send the vertex array to opengl and just moved on to unity.
I got better things to do with my 4 hours of free time per workday

Attached: 1540039686608.jpg (640x632, 212K)

Really? I used the lighthouse3d snowman demo when I was 17 and I had 0 problems

>using an archaic language
You brought this on yourself.

Jai is vaporware

For a second I thought by tcc you meant this

Attached: loo compiler.jpg (640x400, 68K)

Fuck that's c++.
Whatever.

This is why you should use Delphi.

>Safe
>Easy
>Doing it yourself
Pick two. If you want to manipulate the screen easily in C, use FreeDOS or a similar OS where screen memory isn't locked behind a driver and an API.

what's the point of importing windows.h if you use SDL?