Lets be honest here, is CS degree worth it?

Lets be honest here, is CS degree worth it?

Attached: img_0916.jpg (600x600, 41K)

t. butthurt journalist triggered on twitter

Am I behind on my math? I thought that it was left to rigth for 'same order' calculations.

if you want a tech related job, yes.

Both answers are *equally wrong*.
The correct answer is Parse error at character 8: expected T_OPERATOR or EOF, found T_LPAREN

Yes, it is, americans have lard for the brain.

it is but for some reason your average american has trouble with this simple concept.

no, it's a complete waste of time.

in this industry the most important thing is a decent portfolio, forget about a degree, every 3rd world shitter can get one.

bruh dick

Attached: tegaki.png (400x400, 6K)

>not using APL master race
The answer is obviously
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Average starting pay for entry level is $66,000 for those graduating with a CS degree. Of course it's worth it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-30_16-06-00.png (928x772, 102K)

If the "/" is treated as an obelus (÷), it makes the problem ambiguous. Following bedmas
20÷5(2+2)
=20÷5(4)
=4(4)
=16
Treating the "/" like a fraction like any sane person:
20/(5(4+4))
=20/(5(4))
=20/20
=1

No, it's obviously
Could not deduce (Num t0) from the context: (Fractional a, Num t, Num (t -> a))
bound by the inferred type for `it`:
forall a t . (Fractional a, Num t, Num (t -> a)) => a

Many large corporations still favor a CS degree (although good portfolios are valued as well), and that's where the majority of CS jobs exist.

No, whatever industry (((they))) are shilling is the industry to stay away from.

You mean
math.idr:1:8:
|
1 | 20 / 5 (2 * 2)
| ^
unexpected "(2 * 2)"
expecting "with", function right hand side, or with pattern

Trauma based mind control. Teachers are evil brainwashing psychos.

Attached: 1550502046645-.jpg (600x600, 42K)

>20/5(2*2)
>inside parens first
>20/5(4)
>can remove parens
>20/54

it's photoshopped

expected non retard, found reddit.

>Treating the "/" like a fraction like any sane person:
What? You only treat / like a fraction if there's parenthesis after the /. Otherwise, you'd miscalculate so many problems.

So I learned to do it the way you describe below. What actually is the correct answer?

The correct answer is the notation is stupidly ambiguous and you shouldn't write "/" on a line on its own or elide the * before a parenthesis without defining the order of these operations first yourself.

holy FUCK why can't she align her projector properly

Years ago, math teacher said everytime you see any number next to a parenthesis it means you multiply said number by whatever the result of the operation of the parenthesis was, and you do that after solving the parenthesis.

Your suggestion that the problem is just poorly written doesn't jive with the rest of the world and how they use math, the answer simply can't be these people are doing math wrong, you're talking about the entire fucking world.

Literally every teacher has some dumb shit with their projectors.

This

A mathematician would never write an expression like: "20 / 5 (2 * 2)"

It's completely arbitrary and ambiguous. The proper thing to do is to place parentheses around your expression so it is explicit what you want done. Expressions like these are stupid and I don't know why we continue to teach children this...no wonder they are confused.

No.

Yes.

Attached: me.png (254x247, 122K)

I feel sorry for your parents

dude they've been teaching math wrong this whole time

Yes because you will have first consideration of employment for any CS-related job unlike what future minimum-wage teachers will tell you.

PEMDAS says the right side, 16, is correct.

fakeImage.insert()
g.believe()
debate.activate()

That's exactly what I expect from someone who can't even set up a projector properly
Not to mention you write horizontal lines not that "/" shit unless there's no calculations behind that

EE > CS

Attached: 1548208145423.jpg (630x630, 46K)

Yes. However, it will be harder than you expected, and the jobs will be very disappointing.

Attached: opisalwaysafag.jpg (3072x2304, 513K)

but what does aem plo aul mean?

Depends on what you want to do in software. It is more reliable in its quality though.