What is this used for?

What is this used for?

Attached: file.png (1200x945, 581K)

APC UPS

>What is this used for?
Proprietary or somewhat obscure serial interfaces for admin consoles. Some enterprise switches use RS-232 interface on RJ-45 plugs for direct console input. The USB plug probably has an USB->RS-232 converter inside

to dl the entire internet on the go

There's no converter. Just a plain Rj45 to USB male.

How do you know? If you want a short cable, you don't need the larger, higher-power voltage 12v converters usually associated with rs-232.

Maybe it's to insert USB into existing patch cable infrastructure. I've seen that done with VGA. picrel

Attached: dropsyoursignal.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Attached: file.png (400x298, 93K)

L2 parallel vs serial communication. VGA is specially designed to have longer runs and thus, could benefit from an adapter like the one you linked, albeit with signal degradation. It would still work though, since it is analog and runs at higher voltages. USB begin to lose packets and speed after 2-3 meters.

That picture doesn't prove anything. A signal converter could easily be embedded in the USB plug. Pic related contains a USB decoder, DAC and audio amplifier. Those chips are larger and significantly more complicex than a serial converter.

Attached: 41g26KanxCL._SX679_.jpg (679x340, 7K)

I forgot to mention that all the electronics are stored in the USB plug side. The 3.5mm jack side is completely passive.

Network admin console cable that uses USB instead RS232 port.

Thanks, anons.

>user, its your grandma, the best buy sold me this cable for $49.99, they said i could back my pc up to the cloud with it. How do i get it to work?

Attached: 1538563827867.png (640x480, 461K)

I love you gran but let's return that thing
You can just back up your PC to my private 64TB cloud in the basement where I sleep

>user, i tried to download my pc from your TB cloud thing and i got cartoon girls who look like cats, some of them are quite inappropriate, and well some of them, well i cant even explain, what is going on?

Attached: 1537018638123.jpg (799x423, 90K)

For the Nintendo switch, in case you don't want an adapter.

How about reading the description where you got the image?

>USBGear USB RS485 Adapter to RJ45 FTDI chip Inside

>Ma'am, if you wouldn't mind. I can't quite get my head round these... maymays, do ya call them?
>Memes, Inspector.
>Oh yeah memes, that's what I meant. You see Mrs Columbo, she just loves ta shitpost ya know, she's sitting up with the lark posting these things but I can't make head or tail of them. The guys down at the precinct are always making fun of me for it.
>Well Inspector if I wasn't late for my tennis lesson we could discuss it more but I'm afraid I know little of the art, my late husband though, he was the man to ask about memes.
>Oh that's okay Ma'am, that's okay, don't worry about it. Just ah... just one more thing
>Yes Inspector?
>It's this folder on your desktop, some of these little frog pictures, the ones where he looks angry and sad, they were downloaded in the last 24 hours, but your husband was dead by then. It er, it doesn't add up.

Attached: columbo.jpg (446x299, 31K)

It could be just about anything. I use a custom arcade stick that uses an RJ45 connector on the back, and you can make cables that connect to anything. The one that connects to my PC is RJ45 to USB.

I read this in Columbo's voice.

PoE?

Attached: 1546569986867.jpg (400x400, 27K)

I'll show you later.

Ethernet. The active adapter is built in.

Attached: 1550345044321.jpg (632x553, 45K)

RS-485.

All USB poe adapters are 5v. Don't fry my shit.