Are you mentally prepared for the inevitable and forthcoming singularity Jow Forums?

Are you mentally prepared for the inevitable and forthcoming singularity Jow Forums?

Attached: fig-1.jpg (1600x784, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/DuckDodgersInThe24thCentury
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It happened in our past.

Attached: The Demiurge is a mushroom cloud - looks like a Lions head.jpg (1685x713, 326K)

The singularity is a big meme. It's a fction.

It's not really 2019.

Attached: Duck Dodgers B5 massive red pill.png (1246x495, 319K)

There isnt 1 kinda intelligence tho
Machines are already infinitely more intelligent in specific tasks.

History has always shown us that the science fiction of today always becomes the reality of tomorrow.

archive.org/details/DuckDodgersInThe24thCentury

Go back Nostradomus

Who cares about your transhumanist meme ideology? Take your fairytale somewhere else.

>trans being somehow better than normal humans
fuck off with your CoC

>Who cares about your transhumanist meme ideology? Take your fairytale somewhere else.

They always laugh at you at first

>trans being somehow better than normal humans

>fuck off with your CoC

And then they turn to aggression.

You will see in time that you are wrong.

Ok, see you later space cowboy

>implying humanity in general is actually increasing in intellect
OP, please.

>You will see in time that you are wrong
no one cares, lunatic tranny

came to post this.
Niggers and other stupid humanoids will outbreed civilized people.

no

it's going to be crazy to be honest. We know something like this is going to happen but we don't know exactly how or what it will entail or the consequences. Here is the way I look at it, if human intelligence and biocomplexty is 100 and machine intelligence and complexity is 15 but going up at 20% per year they will catch up with us soon. Humans are not getting smarter or more complex.

I think we are either going to get a cure for aging and live in a magic utopia or we are going to get wiped out, maybe in my life time

should be interesting

ftfy
stop reading The Verge
thx

Attached: 1550503765317.jpg (1600x784, 99K)

Isn't it actually decreasing since late 1800s?

No.
No matter if they destroy us or help us excel, we will leave a legacy better than us, waiting to conquer stars. At least that way we will leave an impact on the rest of Universe.

Average modern man is more educated and smarter than your average guy from the 19th century.
I'm not saying we are smart, people just used to be really fucking thick.

I do wonder if stuff like us as people in general having increasing social anxiety ( i know I do) has anything to do with preparing to not BE social anymore when shit like this happens.

why was machine intelligence slightly negative just before 1950?

green line is too high for Jow Forums.

>le epik comment

Anti-intellect

Probably the tool that whoever made the pic used to make the the curved line.

I don't think human intellect changes that fast. Evolution is a slow process.

W

h

y

d

o

y

o

u

p

o

s

t

l

i

k

e

t

h

a

t

?

educated != intelligence
you can teach a monkey calculus

/thread

Because plebbit. They are literally too retarded to use single-spaced grammar.

Sometimes is, sometimes not. Imagine if we killed all poor people for a few generations. This is in fact what happened in europe, and the same with violent and otherwise strange people. It explains a awful lot.

For the perfect example of evolution happening very quickly, see the extinction of the dinosaurs.

p

l

e

a

s

e

stop

nice reddit spacing, faggot

Machines arent getting smarter / more intelligent either. Adding a few more threads to a cpu or cores to a gpu is nothing at all like getting more intelligent.

That's all technological innovation had been in the last 20 years.

> a few more
have you kept up with supercomputers at all?

consciousness is an emergent property, it comes more from the software than the hardware, any turing complete computer could create conscious output given the right software and a million years. With modern supercomputers more abstract software can be written and complied faster.

Relevance???

Are you suicidal?

This graph is not accurate. We already have trans humans but our AI is still shit.