Did Apple just solve laptops?

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not fan of Apple, but guys this is huge if true.

Attached: 5F6D093D-1481-4106-814B-30E5B72610F3.jpg (1125x1557, 989K)

... what part of that is huge?

besides the price tag i mean

What are you talking about?

you're mom

???

The only way they can "solve laptops" is if they do one or more of the following.
1: Make them highly durable and long-lasting. The old chinkpads look perfect, but their specs are getting just a tad dated.
2: Switch architectures from x86. We need to get off this sinking ship as soon as possible. Obviously moving to based RISC-V would be too much of an ask (they're still just starting to roll out more SoCs), but a shift to the ARM architecture, provided it is done in a way that lets users install operating systems freely, would be a step in the right direction.

>Jow Forums advertisement

Just how out of touch with reality are you.

>he buys apple
>he enjoys having his keyboard die after a year
>he enjoys having his screen dim and die after half a year
>he enjoys paying a 500$ premium
>fucking retard shill
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If Apple are making an 'all-new' 16"er.. that will be 42" of pure shit, squeezed into a single cheaply-producible, easily-disposable package. I wouldn't wipe my arse with anything 'Designed in California' last few years, and I actually use Macs occasion. Wheres the Mac Pro? In fact, no, don't, last one was comedy enough

That's got to be a really fucking stupid idea. At that size you're getting into dedicated workstation/gaming laptops, and why the hell would you buy a laptop lacking CUDA cores as a workstation, or a mac for gaming?

>That's got to be a really fucking stupid idea
got to be a $5k (starting at) 'idea', y' mean

Attached: 26940-39279-MacBook-price-comparison-July-2018-l[1].jpg (660x347, 31K)

MBP doesn't need a new design, it just needs its glaring bugs fixed, namely lack of USB-A ports, unreliable keyboard and cracking display flex cable.

>you are mom
no u

no u

>make the display an inch bigger
HOLY SHIT THIS IS HUGE APPLE IS SO INNOVATIVE HERE TAKE MY $5000

If Apple makes small laptop with 32GB of RAM I will buy one. Fuck waiting on Lenovo to make a small ThinkPad with that.

Attached: 1542579844425.jpg (996x868, 117K)

Predict what will the remove.
I say they will remove the keyboard. All USB keyboards won't work and you will need to buy an apple® approved keyboard separately for $120 plus tip.

Thinkpad T480 goes up to 32. X1 Extreme goes up to 64.

nah, it'll be one of those "screen keyboards" where it's just a tablet display that has touchscreen buttons for the keys.

sometimes I wonder how much those marketing guys from apple make to post in /g

Maybe they should start with getting a keyboard that still works when a spec of dust touches it

kys shill

>few details
>maybe 1 inch bigger screen
OMG

LAPTOPS SOLVED

but with some 80 miniaturized Apple® Taptic Engines®, one for each key.

Well, at the cost of soldered components and removed ports.

>32gb ram upgrade
That’ll be $2000, goy

First they need to solve their fucking keyboard issues. I bought the new MacBook Air a month ago and it's is already fucking up, the E key and spacebar get stuck sometimes.

Increasing the screen size by an inch is an obvious move to create enough differentiation to release a "new" laptop which is actually just a fixed version of the old one.
It'll be a "workstation" in that it'll be slightly thicker allowing it to be slightly better built and with a slightly better keyboard and a couple of more ports etc.
All of this "innovation" will create a laptop that would have been the sensible model to release in 2016, an upgraded 2015 model with more bells and whistles but it'll be sold at an even more grotesque markup than the current 15".
Macolytes will heralds apple's return to supporting "professionals" (youtube content creators) while gulping down the cost increase for a standard of laptop they should have got 3 years before.

Smart move.

Maybe you should get a lab environment and a proper 24/7 micro particle extraction system for your new MacBook Huge™ - your not poorfag, are you?

They've gonna reinvent the keyboard. They will add function keys that you can press and all the keys will travel a few millimetre with the finger making typing on it a magnificent feeling

Only the new $4000 macbook pro plus will have this new pro keyboard with function keys, the $2000 macbook pro will have the emojibar instead

>"we made the screen really big"
surely this will sell
think different

I can't put into words how based this post is

Nah. You were just using it wrong.

Attached: C84011C5-6CC5-4B4D-8158-3844146C6DF8.jpg (573x430, 20K)

Oh, hey, look, it'll be a bit thinner (So it throttles even quicker), the keyboard still sucks and it'll start out at 3.5k.

No thanks.

the emoji bar is the worst gimmick I have ever seen and I need to work with this crap on a daily basis. Thank god you can plug in an external keyboard

would you like to also purchase apple care with your laptop? Only 350$

Apple can solve this *unzips duck*

here's what they're going to do: touchscreen keyboard.
yes, the flimsy cheap butterfly switch keyboard was their strategic way to make this acceptable with their customers. the bottom part of the computer will have no touchpad or keyboard and instead will have a touchscreen with a contextual keyboard and drawing area

people looove to talk shit on apple, but theyre the only company really pushing the future of mobile workstations

optional.

and all good manufacturers offer some sort of replacement plan policy for $$$

user isn't that far off. apple has killed product lines and forced developers to move to new arch's throughout their entire history.

wow a .6 to 1.1 inch increase!

Attached: .png (1015x555, 34K)

>the future of mobile workstations
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1536135007291.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

yes

Why do you keep replying to yourself street shitter?

>aero 15x
>1080p, makes sacrifices everywhere and ugly as fuck
>costs the same as a MBP

have fun with your single benchmark while you ignore the entire machine overall.

look at this picture. this is what you would rather buy over a MBP? dont make me laugh

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy9wcHJlc3MvNDU2MTIvZ2lnYWJ5dGUtYWVyby0xNS0tMDAz (775x500, 176K)

>this is what you would rather buy over a MBP?
yes.

Damn that looks way sexier than a fagbook.

Have fun with your throttling overheating shitheap that can't even load a webpage without sterilizing your balls.

Look at this dumpsterfire. This is what you would rather buy over a real computer?

Attached: 1519133669265.jpg (959x1200, 138K)

Apple hater here:

What is the best laptop on the market right now to watch Netflix on?

I am torn apart between a LG Gram 17 or a Dell XPS with OLED.

I need a good screen and great speakers

yeah that chincam looks sexy on that 2 inch thick plastic plate below the 10 year old screen. the DPI is so conveniently low I can read the text on the desktop icons. also gotta love that built in light show on the front right handrest. and how can I forget the non standard key layout? A++, top choice

>fagbook loser complaining about bezels
LMAO

Attached: 1524684428030.jpg (770x577, 172K)

HP, Dell, heck Lenovos P1 and P72...
what the heck are you taling about?

based applel shill, asking all the wrong questions
>look at this - you'd take *THIS* over a Macbook?
FUCK, YEAH! cried the crowd, as with one voice

Yes, since that's a real computer and not a useless fruit toy for children.

Apple's way of "solving" anything is making it in such a way that it breaks as soon as the warranty ends. Nowadays they don't even wait for that, they make broken devices and then just blame the customers.

the screen

>all-new design
Will everything be soldered to everything else?

HEEEYOOOOO!!

Call me when they invent 17'3 laptops with good cooling.

you got it backwards, buddy. that computer is the kiddy toy. it even has a gpu for playing childrens games. the mac is for doing work

unfuck the keyboard

>Apple announces a laptop
>0 details or specs

>this is HUGE!!!!

not fucking retarded at all

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: laughing satania.webm (1440x810, 2.84M)

>the biggest tech company in the history of mankind is releasing a new laptop
>historically, every year or so they change the world of computing with a drastic design improvement
>being this much of a brainlet to not realize the significance of this

Attached: 1547182511443.png (641x481, 142K)

>historically, every year or so they change the world of computing with a drastic design improvement
Shills go home.

Attached: 1537991772938.jpg (1029x1425, 177K)

what?

this is exaclty what the problem is with itards.
they have their laptops as jewelry.
listen up faggot.
nobody is going to marry his laptop.
nobody is going to fuck his laptop
and nobody is going to date his laptop.
a laptop is a tool, it's not ugly or beautiful, it's functional.
if you think a laptop is prettier than another, then you are no less than those dumb bitches who buy hand bags for hundreds of dollars and shoes for a lot more, thinking that they are something special.

Microsoft is releasing a new Surface?

>fixing a problem that they invented
>a problem that plenty of manufacturers never had in the first place
I wouldn't count that as "solving laptops" but at least they're trying to solve their own problems

>>historically, every year or so they change the world of computing with a drastic design improvement
and, eh, last years DDI was, remind me again?
>and, the year before that? and..
YourBrainOnApple.webm

4 USB-C/thunderbolt3 ports
that alone is a gamechanger

>drastic design improvement
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1533020817657.png (1791x990, 819K)

Apple is desperately hoping people have forgotten they used to sell 17" Macbooks.

>cherry picked examples
okay bud. cant see the forest for the trees

>keyboards fucked
>displays fucked
CHERRYPICKING

Back to your shitting street Rakesh.

>this rare problem that happened to a few people is exaggerated enough that it must be happening to everyone

Ive had 2 macbook pros over 8 years and theyve been amazing to me. cant say the same about the windows laptops Ive had. The XPS I bought was a piece of shit, sold that to get the 2nd MBP

you've never owned an XPS street shitter

Attached: 1532851292260.jpg (643x960, 255K)

lol bruh, if I can afford 2 MBPs why would you think i cant afford an XPS? stay mad, white boy. I bet yo ass is posting from some broke as fuck barely running obsolete ass shitbook anyway. finna come up an whoop yo ass boi

Attached: The.Simpsons.S11E22.Behind.the.Laughter.480p.DVD.x265.10bit.AAC.5.1-ImE[UTR].mkv_snapshot_08.26_[201 (720x480, 45K)

>I bet yo ass is posting from some broke as fuck barely running obsolete ass shitbook anyway
Why do you assume I use a 2018 Macbook Pro?

already graspin for straws and calling names. well, its not like I expected an intelligent argument from a mac hater anyway XD

please sir do the needful and stop posting sir

>keyboard issues on recent MacBooks
>rare problem that happened to a few
Lol
Cope

>it even has a gpu for playing childrens games
ask me how i know you've never done any computational modeling/numerics/machine learning

>obsolete
>still functioning
dunno what y'all is arguing about but you're objectively wrong about everything

The ARM CPU in the iPad Pro is better than a mobile i7. Just let that sink in.

You shit in the street. Just let that sink in.

Attached: 1524595056658.png (942x810, 425K)

>better cpu with more thermal throttling due to shitty cooling
at least the fans are quiet

>Ive had 2 macbook pros over 8 years and theyve been amazing to me
What a huge sample size.

i use my iMacBook iPro iDevice to boil water for my tea while i watch youtube videos

>Did Apple just solve laptops?
Not with those keyboards, they didn't.

Reminder to report the daily advertisement threads.

I'm looking more for a 12 inch. 14 is a bit too far. Lenovo needs 32 Gee bees in the A285.

bigger sample size than you haters. 0 lol

reminder that macbook CPUs have to throttle down to where cpus were 10 years ago because of bad cooling and aggressive thermal throttling

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1522139733617.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

enjoy your shitty thinkpad. ill be on my "inferior" MBP, with zero issues. funny how you will now insist my machine has issues