/ham/ - Amateur radio general

First thread

Attached: Ham_Shack.jpg (582x360, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ettus.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Something I would've loved to get in to in its prime.

gayst thing ever

like IRC but more shitty and expensive

>Something I would've loved to get in to in its prime.
yeah it was amazing

*static*
I have a ham radio
*static*
me too
*static*

a golden age

I kinda want to get back into SDR again

I only did the pager decode / ADSB thing back when it was new and cool

Hard
As a
Motherfucker

*cracks* those were the days *sips*

Attached: 1530993406100.png (380x349, 77K)

Don't know where you're from but if you're in America you can get set up on VHF/UHF with a technician license for under $100 radio included.

why dont you paint those boxes different colours they look very boring

So this is the amateur radio thread, excellent. Excellent and so how is amateur radio different from professional radio? Also do your DJ's have all this equipment in their own home?

There are more hams now than ever.

IRC is still fucking awesome, pleb.

you forgot to say over, over

Attached: over!.jpg (480x360, 15K)

you should get back into it now because the price for a high quality SDR has hit the floor.

Buy a ettus.com/

They have multi-antenna that can physically locate where a wifi packet came from (direction/distance) from a single packet. oh and wideband so bluetooth, cellular, garage opener, car key, etc. Really scary shit. It means that the idea of owning frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum is redundant. Thats a multi-billion dollar industry.

I love listening to the loonies on 80 meters,especially during contests. It's a lot like being able to hear people screaming in their cars during a traffic jam.

t. zoomer

14.313 = boomerchan

The only person I remember with the "excelent, excelent" speech patter is the guy from GTA Vice City. What is the actual stereotype for the kind of person who does that?

not trolling boomers on ham