So I was using the TOR browser, with default settings, to fill out a Walmart survey...

So I was using the TOR browser, with default settings, to fill out a Walmart survey, and the site correctly identified the store nearest me. I checked the circuit, and it claimed it was being relayed through two foreign countries, yet somehow Walmart's crack IT team managed to see right through it.

So is TOR just frickin' useless?

Attached: icon-TorBrowser.jpg (75x75, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fQY-V0l2g5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>default settings
your retarted

If you posted from phone it identified the cell tower you connected to.
Same with windows phone detection with location switched of

Your browser says the device is in russia but connected to a cell tower @ your location. Guess who's lying.

>Walmart survey

> default settings
i bet you had javascript enabled too, didn't you, you sad faggot? my fucking sides.
> windows phone
absolutely fucking irrelevant
>Your browser says the device is in russia but connected to a cell tower @ your location. Guess who's lying.
you just have no idea how torbot works on mobile devices, do you? you are have less functioning brain cells than op.

Not irrelevant, windows phone is closed source botnet constantly giving your actual location

completely fucking irrelevant to the discussion of TOR, you fucking idiot.

Sorry user, I'm not surprised a government funded program is fake

Oh look. It's *THIS* thread again.

Attached: 1550365419358.png (202x220, 91K)

I said windows phone because my gf had one an you need a microsoft account toa fucking use it. By accessing said ms account you can check your phone location. And it's showing your current location even of wifi, and gps are disabled.
I bet not only ms phones do that

>>default settings
>your retarted

So you're telling me that, out of the box, TOR is useless? The settings it recommends are all wrong?

>to fill out a Walmart survey
You copy pasted the link out of the e-mail did you?

It doesn't disable js by default. It doesn't have uBlockOrigin by default. Yes, it's somewhat shit.
You should be 100% anonymous still unless a website has malicious js which breaks anonymity by using browser exploits.

> Entire thread is just derailed into shitting on OP instead of actually discussing privacy concerns
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: ygbaagw8ux2pz8b3kww8.jpg (1600x900, 182K)

>Tor browse
>used by haxzors and pedos
>has exploits bypassed by Walmart js
How useless can a browser be?

No, I typed it in.

You know what? Fuck the lot of you. What a bunch of useless cunts.

I came for help, I found abuse. Just go straight to hell.

/thread

lol faggot

>not knowing security concerns of JavaScript / browser
>thinking tor is magic
u hacker now

walmart probably pulled off a correlation attack against you

>instead of actually discussing privacy concerns
>retarded users aren't a privacy concern
The buffer overflows and the side channel attacks get all the press, but the easiest way in to a locked building is almost always to get someone inside to open the door for you

Post the proof idiot. Link, screenshots, webm.

like intel?

specter / meltdown?
Tor, Proxy, private local net, dosent matter. you def can make a movie style virus that 'takes over the world' using those 2 in combination with few other things.

Literally the end users fault for not disabling it.

It's tor's problem for not defaulting to disabled js.

Next time we get a thread like this can we give solutions WHILST ALSO calling OP a retard?

If tor is so secure why does it have it?
If it has exploits that can be used by fucking walmart why are those not patched. I doubt that some leet haxzorres made walmart page
If it pretend to be so secure js should not even be a part of it
Why should i want to eneble js ever if it's walmart easy to get avves to info?

the actual footage of walmart it team pulling a correlation attack on you
youtu.be/fQY-V0l2g5c

I put a condom on my tongue and my bitch still got pregnant. Wtf condoms are useless.

TOR is not enough but it should work if your turn off the other botnet browser your using...
if you have open tabs shut them down and try again

>exploits that can be used by fucking walmart
It's literally you sharing personal information

No one in this thread knows what they are talking about.

It's not exploits in the sense you're thinking of. Browsers usually don't and can't check if the Js is malicious, it just runs it.
Default settings isn't an argument. If you were serious about security you would've checked them from the start.

don't forget to always run Tor browser fullscreen because hackers expect you to not run it fullscreen

>Default settings isn't an argument. If you were serious about security you would've checked them from the start.
Meant for

>that is so autistic it could work

Attached: 69b.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

If tor was serious about security it would disable js from the start.

tor browser isn't, you mega brainlet.

>Blatantly acting like a redditor
Try harder faggot

I use Tor on a daily basis to social-engineer myself into social media accounts held by cute girls. God fucking bless Tor.

We're talking about the browser, retard. If you can't read from context then you're the brainlet here.