/v/ toddlers will defend this

>/v/ toddlers will defend this

Attached: 1532948233344.png (1273x676, 1.09M)

The way it's mean to be blurred™
That'll be $1000 USD + tip

It’s honestly time to grow up and stop playing video games because they’re made for children.

Man Far Cry 2 still looks great in 2019.

You might wanna reconsider that argument.

Attached: 62EA953F-2100-4597-BB38-380C1A9A25B3.jpg (848x950, 80K)

the one on the right is cleary nicer, wtf are you smoking

None of this matters. Buy a cheap old card, turn down the settings until you get a reasonable framerate, then enjoy the game. If the game is any good, then it will still be good when played this way. If the game is crap, then getting higher resolution textures won't make it any less crap. You'll just be polishing a turd.

>bitching about optional setting like its some forced downgrade

Attached: 657896532311.jpg (326x294, 18K)

It removes the jaggies and gives a more cinematic look. Nice try Lisa.

>oversharpened garbage vs. realistic textures

Let it be known all timber is smoothly sanded with a pencil round edge regardless of application.

Attached: old man huang.jpg (475x324, 23K)

>highest GPU prices ever
>it's for the privilege of having RTX and DLSS, goy!
>turns out it's total garbage
Literal cuck.

I gave this a try as well. 4K DLSS in BFV looks worse than a Lanczos-upscaled 1440p image, there's much less detail and it looks very blurry. I have no idea how NVIDIA managed to make a neural network upscaler which is trained per-game and still produces worse results than an old, well-known and commonly used upscaling method. It's truly astounding, the fact that it looks worse is an achievement in and of itself.

At this point they should just give us the option to run lower resolution and use bicubic upscaling or some shit on the GPU, it would look better than DLSS.

Attached: 305d1af.jpg (680x340, 31K)

Someone had to waste development time and money to create that optional setting, meaning business will want to make that net loss back.

They have admitted there is something wrong with the image and are working on improving it. There are cases in which DLSS betters the image, in FFXV and in the 3D Mark Rtx demo.

Is this a bug or is it working as intended?

The jew went too far with 4k, it's just too expensive for the average consumer and there's literally no difference from 1080p unless you look at it with a microscope, only incels care about 4k, even tho they're the most "antisemit" people, they're the ones that keep giving money to the jew.
COMPUTERS ARE FOR WORK, GAMES ARE FOR CHILDREN.

In FFXV the TAA implementation itself looks awful, so even if DLSS works better than it does in BF V at the very least it won't look so bad compared to awful TAA.

The 3DMark benchmark scene basically sounds like cheating, because it's on-rails. They train their neural net on the benchmark and then when you run it, it is fed with EXACTLY its training data, because it's a canned, on-rails benchmark. No shit the results will look good, but in a real game the image is basically never be something which was trained exactly due to player control, as such results look worse.

This
TAA is literally the worst possible AA option which is why the conveniently use it for all comparisons.
SMAA looks 80% as good as DLSS at its best without the need for tensor meme cores and nvidiot taxes

It just a tacked on feature to try and justify the massive price hikes. No thought should be given to this shit.

There are decent TAA implementations out there and they can catch aliasing which SMAA misses. This whole TAA comparison is basically marketing bullshit though, because DLSS is not actually meant to remove aliasing, its true purpose is to increase performance by rendering the game at lower resolution and then (supposedly) applying very high-quality upscaling to majorly improve performance while not sacrificing much in terms of image quality. The problem is that the upscaling DLSS does, as we've seen so far, is just shit quality and extremely blurry.

BASED Leather Jacket Man wasting huge chunks of die space on gimmicks that actually make things look worse.

/v/ toddlers think this is hilarious, at a point i saw em mocking this like 2-3 days ago.

This isn't /v/ though.

yeah but 4K looks great and basically it sounds like you're poor

you're right, but this is worse than /v/

>surely DLSS won't end up like
>RTX
>Hairworks
>PhysX

1920x1080 looks great and basically it sounds like you're a good goy

Good bait. Almost got us

Besides tomb raider and Witcher 3 did anything even use hair works ?
That's the problem with these Nvidia memes why am I paying extra for features no one uses

>implying that anyone here has enough money to buy even an entry leven PC
HA!

Is this the power of AI™?

I like gaems, I had the money for an upgrade, I hate driving games.

And yet I care so little for this generation, that instead of upgrading from my 1070ti I've actually decided to buy a steering wheel with an additional stick shift.

I shit on the floor like a curry nigger.

The new Metro has PhysX and Hairworks.

this. unironically minus the judgemental/telling someone else what to do part. there is no way to spin wasting time on video games as a positive use of your time.

only exception is lan parties or some /tg/ tier shit

Attached: hDF425B7C.jpg (500x685, 80K)

FFXV, Borderlands, etc.

This

Attached: 1477616689191.png (709x636, 167K)

Well yeah, that's the way it grows on the tree.

>go back to 5