Please share your EQ settings

please share your EQ settings

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (1920x1080, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_in-ear_2017-1/Apple EarPods
t-5.eu/hp/Software/Pulseaudio Crossover Rack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Flat, anything else is autism.

fx_enable=true
conv_enable=false
conv_ir_path=
conv_cc_level=0
vhe_enable=false
vhe_level=0
vse_enable=false
vse_ref_bark=7600
vse_bark_cons=10
eq_enable=true
eq_band1=660
eq_band2=500
eq_band3=550
eq_band4=-160
eq_band5=-180
eq_band6=-150
eq_band7=-230
eq_band8=120
eq_band9=220
eq_band10=200
colm_enable=true
colm_widening=100
colm_depth=0
ds_enable=false
ds_level=0
reverb_enable=false
reverb_roomsize=30
reverb_width=40
reverb_damp=10
reverb_wet=20
reverb_dry=80
agc_enable=false
agc_ratio=80
agc_volume=200
agc_maxgain=800
vb_enable=true #false
vb_mode=2
vb_freq=100
vb_gain=600
vc_enable=true
vc_mode=2
vc_level=40
cure_enable=true
cure_level=2
tube_enable=true
ax_enable=true
ax_mode=2
fetcomp_enable=false
fetcomp_threshold=10
fetcomp_ratio=100
fetcomp_kneewidth=0
fetcomp_autoknee=true
fetcomp_gain=30
fetcomp_autogain=false
fetcomp_attack=51
fetcomp_autoattack=true
fetcomp_release=38
fetcomp_autorelease=true
fetcomp_meta_kneemulti=50
fetcomp_meta_maxattack=88
fetcomp_meta_maxrelease=88
fetcomp_meta_crest=61
fetcomp_meta_adapt=66
fetcomp_noclip=true
out_volume=100
out_pan=0
lim_threshold=100

>_>

I have no idea how to properly configure eq

I don't use it anymore since I bought a headphone amp

Attached: peace.png (833x672, 62K)

I use Equalizer APO too, but there's no point in sharing my EQ settings. I've set it to remove frequencies that sound bad in my room with my setup.
I use it to act as a crossover too, because I have a dedicated amplified subwoofer and Eq. APO lets me pinpoint the crossover frequency to blend it correctly with fronts.
Some stupid games don't have the setting to force Stereo. I must have 5.1 channels enabled to let the crossover work but I have only 3 (front + sub). Games see the 5.1 and output to the channels that I don't have (seriously, what the fuck does it take to add a "stereo" option) so I've made a blend configuration too.
Is there a simple way to do the same with some Linux system? Eq. APO has a nice and simple ui.

Attached: Capture.png (381x301, 28K)

EQ depends on speakers, acoustic setting, and type of music.

This, and it works for bosoms and bottoms as well.

Flat. Get better headphones or a good room setup if you think you need EQ.

All headphones can be improved with eq retard

Attached: dt990.png (969x376, 42K)

>Pre amp +10
help

Only if you have the tools to accurately measure the frequency response of your cans so you can properly compensate them. That'll require a spectrum analyzer with tracking generator or a scalar or vector network analyzer and that's some expensive gear.

Nice catch. It was on +10 for comparison purpose. It's now back on 0, thx

Oh you are one of those who listens by looking at graphs

Attached: 1542903986044.png (900x851, 220K)

For anyone using Logitech Z313 speakers and using Equalizer APO, here's a flat adjustment:

Preamp: 2.3 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain -2.0 dB Q 1.0
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 57 Hz Gain -10.3 dB Q 1.5
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 90 Hz Gain -3.9 dB Q 2.0
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 155 Hz Gain -13.1 dB Q 0.7
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 218 Hz Gain -1.8 dB Q 3.2
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 265 Hz Gain -3.2 dB Q 4.0
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 349 Hz Gain 4.9 dB Q 4.0
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 360 Hz Gain -5.9 dB Q 2.6
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 444 Hz Gain 4.9 dB Q 2.0
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 690 Hz Gain 1.9 dB Q 2.0
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 860 Hz Gain -1.8 dB Q 3.0
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 1500 Hz Gain -1.5 dB Q 2.0
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 2500 Hz Gain -4.7 dB Q 0.3
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 7000 Hz Gain -10.8 dB Q 0.2
Filter 14: ON PK Fc 12160 Hz Gain -7.0 dB Q 7.0
Filter 15: ON PK Fc 13460 Hz Gain -5.5 dB Q 7.0
Filter 16: ON PK Fc 14500 Hz Gain -8.3 dB Q 7.0
Filter 17: ON PK Fc 19900 Hz Gain -12.3 dB Q 5.0

You can adjust to what you like more, if you don't care about accuracy. Many producers fuck shit up, which makes aiming for accuracy pointless.

What are you "improving" when you adjusting your equipment by feels? That's fucking stupid. The proper use of eq is for, say you had headphones whose bode plot had a minor dip around 8kHz you apply a bit of gain around that band to try to make the bode plot flat. The only reason you have eq is to make headphones whose frequency response isn't flat by design flat. Anything else is objectively the wrong way to use eq.

Many tracks come out with unacceptable bass boost or "loudness". Equalizer may not be the correct solution (hitting the fuckhead that produced that lame sound with a crowbar would be optimal) but it's one easily available.

>implying all songs are eq'd perfectly and aren't fucked up by the producers

Well loudness you don't need eq for, just adjust your gain. For music fucked by dynamic range compression... get it from a better source, eq can't unfuck that or digitally apply expanders and try to restore it. With bass boost I'd say get from a better source too. It's impossible to know how much bass was intended and you'll always be guessing. If it sounds really obnoxious then chances are you're getting some shitty rip from somewhere.

I agree with everything you've written, but as I said, it can be better than nothing.

>What are you "improving" when you adjusting your equipment by feels
I use EQ to better hear all the instruments in compositions and to improve location in games. My ears' spectral sensitivities are quite different for some reason but I never botheted adjusting for it.

Dipshit.

yes, but then you had to change the eq for every song

I used to EQ but then I got a USB DAC

Pic: "Flat".

With foobar there's some plugin that lets you save your eq. for every album.

Attached: 400px-Lindos1.svg.png (400x359, 42K)

Flat is for plebs that cant hear well or are too stupid to use an EQ.

I am super sensitive to sound and adjust my EQ to make the sound more crisp.

Attached: Untitled.png (1300x197, 7K)

>Crisp

What the fuck does that even mean? How does it relate to any physical measurable property of a complex audio waveform? You have no idea what the fuck you're even talking about. You just parrot stupid audiophool buzzwords.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-19 13-09-51.png (1836x1398, 127K)

github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_in-ear_2017-1/Apple EarPods

Attached: 1542141798030.jpg (1200x900, 181K)

gay

My EQ is 103

Flat is Justice

My negress.

Attached: eapo.png (813x735, 87K)

everything sounds so much better like this on my headset

Attached: eq.png (406x134, 7K)

This. Too many things are mastered very differently so making a new EQ for every individual album is silly. I tend to edit the files directly if I'm bugged enough about the mastering.

No point in replicating them though, since they are calibrated for to lessen the speakers weak points.

Attached: IMG_20190219_083839.jpg (1000x750, 691K)

t-5.eu/hp/Software/Pulseaudio Crossover Rack/

Attached: hesuvi.png (1512x337, 14K)

Producers master their tracks using expensive headphones and then sound test it in an insulated room, on likewise expensive speakers. Unless you have an identical environment you'll need to EQ to get the most out of a track on your sound system.
Even given the above, most producers have a much better understanding of mixing than any basic pleb with an 8-band parametric equalizer and will level their frequencies in a way that allows each instrument to punch through the track properly. If you deviate too much from the original mix you'll fuck up the overall tone and distort it from what they intended.
You're fucking up your headroom with levels like these and probably distorting the tracks you're listening to. Maximally you're going to add 15db, but only take away 3-4db. If you want to increase up your low and high ends so much, lower the mids without raising your highs or lows past 0, then turn up your volume.

I like bass though.

Sharing EQ settings is retarded unless you're asking for EQ settings for a particular headphone model.
Every speaker/headphone model is different that means the same EQ will sound completely different on different models and different rooms, the same speaker model will sound different depending on which room.
As for non-corrective (aka personal preference) EQ it depends greatly on what music is being listened to, for example music with slow tempo can stand a greater bass boost than fast tempo music, so unless you're comparing the same song on the same headphone model or speakermodel + same room the whole question makes no sense.

These are for the HD600

Attached: 1532816676311.png (969x982, 140K)

autims; the post