Why have you ever made a videogame in SQL, Jow Forums?

why have you ever made a videogame in SQL, Jow Forums?

Attached: file.png (492x231, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codepen.io/elad2412/pen/hBaqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't.

I have. I try to see how many queries I can make in an hour. Then I try to break that record.

why would you do a game in HTML5 or CSS3?
isn't it just easier to draw pixels with a lib?

If you're making a simple web game, drawing to HTML canvas is way fucking simpler.

you can't use either of these to make games. what you need is WebGL.

>Program game
>Query Language
*wheeze*

Attached: 1507686249571.png (645x729, 70K)

Jow Forums can't be this retarded right?
surely

If you've ever run a private WoW server, it uses SQL for user logins, character stats, item inventories, etc.

>he doesn't store multiplayer user data in a production-grade RDBMS

shiggidy

Yes. I try to make the shortest SQL statement to overload the db.

It's used to query that information from a database, not to implement anything about the game logic itself.

if anything CSS3 is weirder

ogame.org

Attached: ogameorg.png (1264x925, 997K)

Jesus fucking christ you are retarded.

Funnily enough, the university project I was allocated is to make a game that teaches Internet safety to children. I chose C++ to build it because it's familiar and there's a lot of support out there for this type of project. BUT, I later found that the school the game will be deployed to also uses Chromebooks as well as "normal laptops" and wants cross compatibility.

When asking a lecturer for advice, they suggested making a browser game however my project supervisor and I disagreed. Should we reconsider?

Attached: 1549057997439.jpg (428x424, 16K)

Just use HTML5 and have it run in a browser, otherwise it won't run on Chromebooks since they're crippled pieces of shit by design.

Make a JavaScript game, look for inspiration on Facebook, they've got a couple that aren't completely horrible.
fb.com/games/instantgames

Unironically possible in transact sql, just have to bind some functions for rendering.

Java? Chromebooks have android app support now. Does mean you will have to have two development versions. May get you extra marks for project management/VC.

based sneed post

You would use SQL to:
- Save server side state on MMOs etc.
- implement load/save game
- store game assets

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Good old days. How is it nowadays ?

>You will never spend time after school playing shitty Kings of Chaos clones with your friends again
I miss Stargate Wars.

Attached: sneedormiss1.png (850x1371, 542K)

>Internet safety to children.
Oh god.
>making a browser game
I think your project supervisor is correct. Maybe show children what a HTML5 game has access to. How hyperlinks work. how you can make a text called "www.youtube.com" refer to a shady cross-site scripting website. or how to press cntrl alt delete when a webpage hyjacks your inputs and prevents you from leaving. I'm sure you can make something in to a game with annoying popups and obfuscate link that will either stay in the same domain or leave the domain. Children can be quite perceptive. Just tell them you'll be teaching them something their parents dont even know (Because people dont even know the difference between a uri and a url)

Good luck.

I know everyone who understands the internet has a hateboner for it but it doesn't change the fact that html5 is probaly the fastest way to make anyone understand what a webpage/internet can do.

CSS and SQL are Turing complete, if you cant make a game in them it just means you're a brainlet

*blocks your path*
codepen.io/elad2412/pen/hBaqo

>CSS
>Turing complete
What?

I use sql in my games, I have a couple of hundred items and store their stats in a sql table.

just download phaser

>tfw you will never be 8 years old again and play flash games on your schools super fast ADSL connection

Attached: QPIXXcB.jpg (550x366, 33K)

It means your an retarded.