ITT

ITT

Explain why your favorite OS is the best.
Hardmode: no citing compatibility as a reason

Attached: DzqbL8GXQAAIkOY.jpg:large.jpg (790x820, 42K)

FreeBSD is the best because all components of the system are developed under one opensource project, rather than many scattered opensource projects, like GNU+Linux

GNU/Linux
because it BTFOs all those silly glowies

Attached: CIAnigger.jpg (1132x849, 968K)

*hugs*

>Lincucks

Attached: e0d7a.jpg (251x255, 22K)

>Windows 10
Allows me to use my computer without too much hustle, including running a linux subsystem.

GNU/Linux because it's the one I like most

win10

ease of use is everything

Windows
Because despite being 23 now windows has been a part of my life for maybe 16-17 years and I really can’t see about changing that

**hugged**

Parrot
security.focused with a daily driver option
clean and beautiful
mate
responsive
literally gets me diamonds
built in pentesting tools for fun, but not faggoty like kali

>literally hipster kali with faggot font
pass

Attached: watchesmrrobotonce.jpg (540x1047, 122K)

Just looked it up. I like the idea of it because Kali is meant to be a toolkit, whereas Parrot seems like it's meant to be a daily driver.

I still prefer just installing pentesting tools on other distros.

Another top-tier OS

Package management is amazing. Service management is amazing. The Runit init system is so intuitive and quick

Attached: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (250x206, 11K)

Void, because it has a cool name that makes me feel like a real hacker.

Windows 7 (i use win10 tho)
>interface is retard(user) friendly
>reminds me of nicer times (inb4 boomers say otherwise)
>still a favorite today and many people are familiarized with it.

Honestly I would swap to a linoox distro I had a spare computer to fuck around with and learn how to use the damn thing.

Fuck off

macOS

trackpad

GNU, because it is functional and free as in freedom.

I don't like CIA niggers & glitter boys trying to feed from my data & dox me.

Attached: qubesoslogo-580x358.png (580x358, 10K)

You know you can easily have two operating systems on the same computer. Or you could just install Linux on a live USB make a small hard drive partition for it to save files, and run it exclusively off of the USB.

Devuan testing
>its void with debian repos

yeah I guess I could but I dont feel like booting into via bios all the time

My favorite OS is trash but everything else is even worse.

insanely large package repo
stable releases are insanely stable
rolling release "branches"
takes security seriously (tracks cves)
supports a fucktonne of different architectures
very serious about free software

>gui with a code base from this decade
>no display tearing, actually has vsync
>desktop environment doesn't crash in spectacular ways
>scroll wheel doesn't skip more lines the faster the scroll wheel is moved
>remembers audio device preferences
>remembers window positions (gasp!)
>num lock on boot
>vpn clients actually have a way to handle dns changes
>doesn't require expensive 3rd party tools to manage large numbers of them

Attached: 23.jpg (707x1000, 158K)

>Honestly I would swap to a linoox distro
Don't. You'll regret it. Anyone who says Linux makes a good desktop has never run anything else on the desktop and doesn't know what the 21st century is like on modern desktop operating systems.

you don't have a "best os". every os has a different target audience and toolset. ie inferno is not comparable to linux even though they're both superior in different ways (even though the former is very old - i mean conceptually).

openbsd is my preferred os for daily use because the kernel is the smallest and simplest without detracting from any functionality which i use. also their attitude towards tools like (recently) the mincore syscall which is to remove instead of "try to support something that's inherently broken" like in linux, et al. in my opinion the bsd userspace is superior as well because each tool does one thing and has a tiny amount of code in it and because the kernel is developed concurrently each tool uses the very simple pledge/unveil interface (which is much simpler than seccomp/capsicum). the interfaces for kqueue and the like overall in bsd are simpler than linux's epoll which sucks. the default tools for their use that're preinstalled are very simple to use and very safe compared to the overhead of nginx/the myriad of acme tools/sendmail tools and the like.

go to apt-cache faggot and tell me which version of chromium's there after an update and share it with us.

niche linux distros are ironically less secure because there are less people to maintain packages.

There is no need to boot into bios all the time, a boot loader like Grub will allow you to choose which operating system to boot every time.
Also if you really want to learn Linux you have to use it as main operating system. Having Windows as a fallback helps provided you don't revert to it every time you're dealing with something "complex" in Linux just because in Windows it's two clicks away...

>100+ distros
All doing the same thing in a slightly different way with no real progress towards a functional desktop.

**hugs**

Windows 10 LTSC
It just werks
And no systemd

relative to linux:
>shit memory security
>shit performance
>shit documentation
>shit hardware support
>shit defaults and patches

>every unique feature it had (which it stole from solaris) implemented by linux
>developers are trannies who sperg out at security conferences

at least the windows guys have perspective regarding the time it takes to use their tools. unless your team is made up of boomers if you use freebsd you're just a retarded hipster.

if you need a distro to preinstall your hacking tools you're not a real penetration tester. the only circumstance when that would be acceptable is if you need specific old tools that have been patched, but since you're not using kali this doesn't apply to you.

Why would i install all the tools separately when i can just install the os...

literally just an apt-get away with something people actually use. enjoy an even more fragmented linux ecosystem where nothing online applies to you because you're a hipster.

FreeDOS
Minimal, respects your freedoms, and works on basically any hardware you use it on. Adds some nice features to DOS as well

Parabola because free and like arch

Is the lead developer still dead?

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC because gayumz

Linux without a shitty init and 100 trillion programs I'll never use

BSDs are great but documentation is abysmal

wrong.

Wtf are you blabbering about. The OS has everything i want already installed. Its runs perfectly to my taste. I even like the fucking cute little design in the terminal. The few thibgs its missing i just apt. Whats yr distro people actually use jamal

Attached: f572832.jpg (1533x2160, 330K)

based & qubepilled

absolute mongoloid not only in your software choice but in your language lmao, i don't use linux except for on servers because i'm not a permafaggot who needs to play distro feature bingo to feel like his life has meaning. your dumb os which noone uses will be a pain in the ass down the line if you need to install any software written by anyone else. why dont you just use debian like a sane person?

>picking a distro for the cute terminal/de

>Windows 10 LTSC
>no systemd
Nice one

Attached: 2019-02-12-23-18-19.jpg (801x534, 34K)

Windows 7
I'm gonna be a slob my entire life and I need the best OS to reflect this

it's worse than systemd tho

Attached: 1550530233815.gif (480x360, 82K)

That actually applies to you, scriptkiddie

Attached: 1550486451918.jpg (279x365, 29K)