What went wrong?

Attached: tox-im-logo.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/issues/1379
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Logo just wasn't good enough, obviously.

Made by Lisp fizzbuzzers.

Not enough genders.

Not user friendly enough. It only attracts AUTISTS

>Not user friendly enough

Attached: 1527816895763.jpg (258x360, 55K)

Has Jow Forums actually finished a project?

Clover, Newpipe, Webms for Retards, and Angry Search are all successful Jow Forums projects.

Since when is newpipe a Jow Forums project?

Nothing. Its design and its logo are both awesome.
Also, the riffraff doesn't use it. Can't ask for a better IM system.

I was under the impression that both Newpipe and Clover are just individual projects.

It turns out it's pretty hard to convince everyone you know to make changes in their software
Who would have thought?

Since it's FOSS

Second two are literal who projects, Clover is more work of a single person

Implemented by crypto-retards

github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/issues/1379

Even /a/ has more successful projects, TOP KEK

tachiyomi?

The author used to heavily shill it on Jow Forums. Here's an example.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/"locked-down Youtube botnet app"/order/asc/

They were made by Jow Forums regulars who posted their project on Jow Forums and almost certainly other Jow Forums posters have contributed something upstream. You can check the pull requests.

Nothing, it's functional.

gee, I don't know.

Attached: AbsoluteStateOfTox.jpg (1000x1000, 204K)

> he doesn't know about pedo canaries

>Not user friendly enough
You literally just enter a password and your nickname. It's friendlier than any normie IM or social media simply because it doesn't need an email/SIM.

Tox is basically finished. The only things left to do is fixing MITM attack susceptibility and doing a full security audit.

>FBI bots on a private messaging protocol
Why is this surprising or alarming? Either don't be a pedo or don't connect without Tor.

>You literally just enter a password and your nickname
To have friends add you, you had to give them a super long code. Possibly through another IM the two of you already use. And at that point, why bother switching?
Also, even though it would completely make the security aspect of Tox useless, normalfags want to be able to login from wherever they want. This would require carrying around a portable client on a USB drive

You can exchange information in person. You can do it over Facebook, email, SMS.
>why bother switching?
The same reason everyone switches from Facebook, email and SMS to instant messengers.
>This would require carrying around a portable client on a USB drive
What? Tox is on android. it's also on iOS.
If you're dumb enough to log into a random public computer then you'd "need" a portable client for almost anything. Wire, Riot, WhatsApp, Viber, Jami. Nobody logs into web clients for anything other than Facebook.

>hurr just have different user accounts for all your devices.

stupid fuck

yeah me neither
everything on the pic is a legitimate reason to use an encrypted message service

int j[10];
for(int k = 0; k < 10; ++k)
{
*((int *)(((long)&j) + k * sizeof(int))) = k;
}

whats you're excuse

Attached: 1546295699668.png (776x720, 304K)

Complete lack of multidevice.

that doesn't make it a Jow Forums project. Jow Forums projects are failed shit like cloveros and netrunner

Who are you quoting, retard?

>Tox useless, normalfags want to be able to login from wherever they want. This would require carrying around a portable client on a USB drive
>What? Tox is on android. it's also on iOS.

Just because it's on it, doesn't mean it works properly. You need to have different Tox IDs for each device. You can't multi-device on Tox.

>haha im on my phone reach me at ASFASFD5ASD5ASD3ASF6ASFAA^6D4sF9A2S
>now im on my desktop make sure you reach me at ASD75f8962347825DSAF@#asd^ASD4

You can. You just can't be online on both. If you don't have your phone with you then it's probably offline, so you can use your PC. I don't see a problem.