Firefox to use indexedDB for extensions storage

Why do they keep trying to fuck with their one-digit percentage userbase? Now extensions local storage will be saved as inxededDB and not plain JSON anymore. And they're using fucking ABP with 49MB storage to prove their point.

>youtube.com/watch?v=kblmHBmIcnY
>blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/02/15/extensions-in-firefox-66/

Attached: fugfocs.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/mozilla-firefox-66-will-use-less-memory-improve-extension-performance-524986.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>For the average Joe, this change means extensions will load faster and thus improve browsing speed, while at the same time helping Firefox reduce the amount of memory that it uses.
news.softpedia.com/news/mozilla-firefox-66-will-use-less-memory-improve-extension-performance-524986.shtml

Sounds like a good thing and OP just being autistic and afraid of change. Firefox keeps improving with each release.

>Firefox keeps improving with each release.

Attached: laughing-transvestites-having-fun.jpg (500x500, 224K)

>single digit marketshare
>average Joe
nobody average uses FF anymore
anyone average and above moved on a long time ago
only the well below average remain
it was a great browser
but it all started to die when the safe space kicked out Brendan Eich

But it does.

>not just using Chrome

Attached: 1547814630233.png (1874x5445, 3.73M)

what's your problem really? do you often go and read the config file of extensions? how does this affect you?

>how does this affect you?
It would break one of my extensions that exports browser data in real time. Plus makes troubleshooting and viewing what's in the storage outside the browser a fucking mess since you can't open it like a normal sqlite database.

Stick to chromium 68 and forget all this cuckery

>google plus

Based Firefox

So make a fucking wrapper.

Lifelong Firefox user here. I disagree, regardless of my opinion on this specific change.

>If I say so, it must be true.
Mental illness is a fucked up thing, I'm truly sorry for your parents burden.

>gets faster and more secure by abandoning XUL
>gets faster by using iDB
>this is all a bad thing
Why are you autistic?

>I disagree, regardless of my opinion on this specific change.
nigga what

boo fucking hooo. what are apis?

>"gets faster"
Can you share a [citation needed] on that? No? Oh no! You know nothing about the thing you are talking about!

>inb4 faster like a car going down a cliff

There were benchmarks posted as soon as quantum was released, idiot.

>my face every time I see a Mozilla post with "extensions" in the title

Attached: fear.jpg (474x316, 19K)

It goes both ways. They improved some stuff over time and made other aspects worse.

Attached: only oldfags will remember.png (1030x169, 29K)

They're killing firefox for years now, why is everybody still surprised?

>not a new IP

Attached: 1532030484366.png (736x992, 1.24M)

>OP is autistic and is afraid of change
Please be gentle

So no more extensions backup? That sucks

Think "holistic". My judgment on this one issue isn't as important as my view of the entire project. I feel as though they make more negative decisions in general.

Yes. Sometimes the neutral changes agitate me the worst because they are truly just a waste of development time/resources.

>dumb enough to use a vulnerable browser were a simple image file could exploit your system