Opera is actually comfy as fuck

On desktop it's a less laggy and less RAM-using version of Chrome, with a better layout and a bunch of useful features.
And on Android it's by far the best mobile browser out there. Intuitive layout, no lag (very nimble) and a similar host of useful features. Most notably very responsive word wrap.

Does anybody here use it? I'm tempted to make it my main browser but I'm scared of the Chinese botnet aspect of it.

- Would it be safe to shop through (input credit card details)?
- Safe to online bank with? (although I would never do that with my main browser anyway, but just asking)
- Safe to manage passwords with? (let browser remember passwords)
- Safe to sync data to use seaminlessly on multiple devices?

Attached: Opera_2015_icon.svg.png (1200x1200, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/opera.html
blogs.opera.com/desktop/2019/02/opera-r-3-developer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use it and it is comfy as fuck. By far the best Chromium derivative.
The chink botnet is the one aspect that sucks, but they're not that kinda chinks. Much like google they want your info for ad profiling, they don't give a shit about your credit card info or whatever.

... however, ungoogled-chromium penetrates him from standing - M00T

I use it since 2012, but just switched to ungoogled-chromium few days ago.

I use it daily, always found it weird how little people even consider using it in all those browser threads. Works great.

NONFREE
USE FALKON AND ICECATMOBILE

Answer to all 4 is yes, though you should use a proper password manager (that goes for any browser).

Given the quality of those programs, nonfree is essentially an endorsement at this point

>another Jow Forums is underaged thread
Opera stopped being good when it became another chrome skin, faggot.

Opera is still better than Chrome & FF fag

>password manager
Get autistic enough to remember your big passwords.

>less laggy than Chrome

What kind of PC do you have where your browser lags?

Been using it for 2 years. I've been torn between Opera and Pale Moon as my main browser, the thing that keeps me from switching to Pale Moon is the pop-out video feature in Opera, which is ultra comfy.

>- Would it be safe to shop through (input credit card details)?
>- Safe to online bank with? (although I would never do that with my main browser anyway, but just asking)
Sure. If you have any problems then I don't think it will be because of Opera.
>- Safe to manage passwords with? (let browser remember passwords)
Kinda. It will ask for your admin password before revealing your password in plain text, unlike Firefox and Pale Moon which will just show them to any motherfucker. So just make sure that your devices are password protected. For better security you can use a password manager addon.
>- Safe to sync data to use seaminlessly on multiple devices?
Yes.

> I'm tempted to make it my main browser but I'm scared of the Chinese botnet aspect of it.
Why would you be of interest to them?

Are browser notifications currently broken for everyone in Opera or just me? Been like this for several fucking versions.

I thought that was just me. In my case though they only got fucked since the last update.

I enjoy it! It works well for my PC at least.

I too like Opera but I've more or less switched over to Vivaldi now that it has gotten a bit more flesh on its bones.

I wish Vivaldi had a bit less flesh. I'd like to switch too to get away from Opera's chink overlords, but goddamn it's laggy, and I'm not on a toaster either.

>owned by the chinese
>pretty much a reskinned chromium
>offers nothing chromium can't do better
unless you're technically inept, opera offers nothing of value

those polacks working on it put good work in UX, but..
spyware.neocities.org/articles/opera.html

Is the built-in VPN actually any good?

It's been like this for me since v56 I think.

The speed is good. It's range banned on Jow Forums.

It's fine to get around regional blocks and the like, but you don't want to trust it with any actually private info.

been using it for over 2 years, really my default now.

opera was fine, until the botnet become so memory hungry it slowed my system to a the equivalent of a w95 486, wiped it and installed brave and now speedy system again

Attached: improvisseadaptovercome.jpg (700x350, 46K)

Wait opera is bad?
Shit... I might need to get brave.

+ video pop out
+ real print to pdf
+ opera turbo
+ best looking and fastest chromium browser
+ access to every chrome plugin
+ configurability
+ settings allow remapping every keybind

vimium works fantastic
no conflicting keymaps
vimium's omnibar instead of default one
and probably more I can't think of
among chromium browsers it's the best in my opinion

>Pale Moon
That shit is dead. The only password manager with an XUL extension these days is LastPass. Better go with Waterfox.

>And on Android it's by far the best mobile browser out there.

You clearly didn't try Bromite.

Does it feel great that you're sending your data to Google?

Typical neo-Jow Forumstard npc response. It's 2019, if you think you have privacy on the internet then you're a fucking retard. Just use whatever works best

Agreed. I understand there's no privacy, so instead of using the Tor browser or anything opensource, I allow companies to make millions of dollars while I get absolutely nothing. It's like working for free I LOVE the chinese and social credit!

Google's Chinese now? Ah, the more you know...

>Spyware Level: EXTREMELY HIGH
No, thanks.

Where do you want to send your data to?
>Google
>Chinese
>Russia

install brave

is opera in the gentoo repos?

Israeli botnet

install vivaldi

You can use ungoogled chromium, it's unbotnet version of Opera

palemoon with the netscape navigator theme, greasemonkey plus Jow Forums x and ublock origin legacy.

Opera is pretty comfy desu, but Vivaldi has better customization and Ungoogled Chromium is basically the only good Blink web browser. God I miss good Opera.

Attached: 714126_pollenoxide_kaguya-luna.jpg (1100x1556, 1009K)

I think opera is a good middle ground. IMO

I'm thinking about uninstalling Opera

Why's that? Considering switching over to Opera, but I'd like to hear some criticism before doing so

>using a Chinese botnet browser

Attached: mmmemestanza.png (500x500, 266K)

better than the US botnet one

Opera-tan a best!

Attached: Ø.jpg (1024x768, 557K)

So the chink retards who make this other crhomium skin noticed all the brave shill threads and decided to join in. This one is more offensive because Opera used to be bar none the best browser available before some chinese cockstops bought it and made it into a chrome skin.
Fuck you and your chinese spyware, and fuck your astroturfing threads.

yandex is better.

blogs.opera.com/desktop/2019/02/opera-r-3-developer/

>Light and dark theme
>Minimalist design
>Integrated Crypto Wallet
>put Web content at center stage
Boring as fuck

Yeah, it's fucking nothing, I was thinking they would add at least some cool neon cyberpunk-like theme or something, sigh